MCNY International Short Film Festival invites NYC and International filmmakers to submit original short films, under 12 minutes, of any genre.
We seek films that align with the theme:
A JOURNEY TO DESTINY.
If your film is selected, your film will be screened live
on April 6, 2018 in New York City,
at Metropolitan College of New York at
60 West Street, New York, NYC, downtown near the financial district.
Submissions will be accepted through 4/1/18, or until 100 entries have been submitted – whichever comes first.
MCNY Short Film Festival aims to show the very best in high quality, diverse, independent cinema from NY, the surrounding area and around the world.
This festival embraces diversity, dignity, inclusion & social justice. Gratuitous profanity, nudity, hateful or violent content will definitely not be selected. ACBSP accredited MBA in Media Management at MCNY is a unique Purpose Centered Education program geared towards achievement-oriented, media professionals. Our film and media makers work at the big media companies and have gone to start their own businesses. The curriculum balances traditional MBA competencies with those particular to the media industry. To accommodate working professionals, classes meet on evenings and weekends. Additional information can be obtained on our website at www.mcny.edu or by calling 1 800 33 THINK.
3 REASONS TO SUBMIT TO MCNY SHORT FILM FESTIVAL:
1. THE COMPANY: Accepted filmmakers have access to the other talented filmmakers at the festival, and the network of media professionals that teach at MCNY and are affiliated with the school, and will appear to speak. The lineup of films and panelist is provocative and fun – you’re destined to leave with a notebook full of strategies and the inspiration for your projects.
2. THE PROCESS: We take to heart the amount of work put into each film. Therefore, we are careful to ensure that each movie is reviewed at least twice. We like to be transparent in our process and judge the theme and story over the production value. At the festival itself, if your film is selected, it will play to a live audience.
3. THE CITY: There's a reason why New York City is the first choice for indie movies - New York is rich with culture, moxie, talented filmmakers and awesome food trucks.
Bottom Line: At the MCNY Short Film Festival, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive and diverse community celebrating voices and stories that have been overlooked in traditional media. You’ll meet like-minded artists pushing the boundaries of filmmaking through plot, story selection, casting and POV who want to change the face of media to reflect our diversity.
*New York City film festival public screening
*Digital Laurels and on-site judging of finalists
*The opportunity to meet industry insiders as well as network with a community of artists
*Prizes (modest) to show our appreciation for and recognition
*Tips and pointers from MBA marketing students
* Awards for best writing, picture, acting, directing, music
FILM COMPETITION GENERAL RULES & GUIDELINES:
This festival embraces diversity, dignity, inclusion, social justice and was created, in part, to discover and share media representing who we really are – beliefs, color, issues and voices. In particular we seek films with our theme A JOURNEY TO DESTINY - local perspectives on global concerns.
Submissions will be accepted through 4/1/2018, or until 100 entries have been submitted – whichever comes first.
No excessive profanity, nudity, hate or violence. Films must be submitted as online files that are downloadable.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The MCNY Short Film Festival is not responsible for the streaming quality of online screeners.
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2017. Films must be available for screening during the Film Festival, on April 6, 2018.
-We do not accept works-in-progress
- Films with U.S. distribution or films produced, financed or initiated by a major film studio or television network are ineligible.
- Once an entry payment has been processed we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed, the account holder may be subject to any fees.
- You MUST include your name, email, phone and physical address either in your entry or in your cover letter. Please do not submit a film without giving us your address, which we need for our records.
- Please include in your cover letter if your film was SHOT IN NEW YORK, or if you are a DIVERSE FILMMAKER, or are affiliated in any with MCNY.
Length: short films up to 12 minutes
This Agreement of Terms and Conditions is made effective upon your registration and/or electronic uploading and/or provision of any other digitized copy of your film/video submission to the MCNY Annual Media Management Short Film Festival submission page, by and between the Metropolitan College of New York (hereinafter, “MCNY”), of 60 West Street, New York, New York 10006 and the individual submitter of a Short Film to the MCNY Annual Media Management Short Film Festival (hereinafter referred to as “Short Film Submitter.”)
Metropolitan College of New York and Short Film Submitter are sometimes individually referred to as “Party” and collectively referred to as the “Parties”.
WHEREAS, Short Film Submitter will be performing the following services for MCNY: The short film submissions will be allowed to be publicly performed, displayed, used and/or streamed by MCNY on their college website and or at their Annual Media Management Short Film Festival or on third party Facebook™, WordPress or any other Film Festival social network pages, as well as in any digital, visual, video or print advertising or promotional materials; and WHEREAS, in exchange for valuable consideration, Short Film Submitter desires to hold harmless MCNY from any claims and/or litigation arising out of the short film submission being submitted by Short Film Submitter for consideration for participation in the MCNY Annual Media Management Short Film Festival, currently scheduled for April 6, 2018 and providing these services.
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and conditions contained herein, MCNY and Short Film Submitter hereby agree as follows:
BY UPLOADING YOUR FILM YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS
1. Hold Harmless. Upon the performance of services by any of its employees, agents, invitees and/or volunteers for the purposes specified herein, Short Film Submitter shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless MCNY from any and all actual or alleged claims, demands, causes of action, liability, loss, damage and/or injury (to property or persons, including without limitation wrongful death), whether brought by an individual or other entity, or imposed by a court of law or by administrative action of any federal, state, or local governmental body or agency, arising out of or incident to any acts, omissions, negligence, or willful misconduct of Short Film Submitter its personnel, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers in connection with or arising out of Short Film Submitter short film or services. This indemnification applies to and includes, without limitation, the payment of all penalties, fines, judgments, awards, decrees, attorneys’ fees and related costs or expenses, and any reimbursements to MCNY for all legal expenses and costs incurred by it.
2. Authority to Enter Agreement. Each Party warrants that the individuals who have signed this Agreement have the legal power, right, capacity and authority make this Agreement and bind each respective Party.
3. Amendment; Modification. No supplement, modification, or amendment of this Agreement shall be binding unless executed in writing and signed by both parties.
4. Waiver. No waiver of any default shall constitute a waiver of any other default or breach, whether of the same or other covenant or condition. No waiver, benefit, privilege, or service voluntarily given or performed by a Party shall give the other Party any contractual right by custom, estoppels or otherwise.
5. Ownership. Short Film Submitter warrants, affirms and represents that he/she is the rightful owner of the copyright of the submission and will own maintain the rights to their project. Short Film Submitter hereby grants MCNY a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use the project to show, publicly perform, display, use and/or stream the submission on the MCNY website and/or at the Short Film Festival and/or on third party MCNY affiliated Facebook, WordPress sites or Film Festival Social Network pages or websites, and/or in promotional material for the Film Festival or school. MCNY will have the right to publicize the project (including snippets of the short film submission) as well as Short Film Submitter’s name and/or likeness for promotional purposes.
6. Content. Submissions may NOT include material that may be considered pornographic, obscene, hateful, violent or advertising a product or any commercial activity or that which would otherwise conflict with the schools mission. Short Film Submitter will be solely responsible for its own content and the consequences of submitting the content for the Short Film Festival. Short Film Submitter hereby also expressly affirms, represents, and warrants that they own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish, use, perform, display or otherwise submit all of the material in the product they submit for consideration in the Short Film Festival. The Short Film Submitter further expressly warrants, affirms and represents that the project submitted does not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, for which Short Film Submitter does not have the express and legal permission from the rightful owner of the material and that Short Film Submitter is otherwise legally entitled to use all of the material included in the submission for consideration to the Short Film Festival and grants MCNY all of the license rights granted herein.
7. Submission is electronic signature. The parties agree that by the act of submission of a film to this site, Short Film Submitter explicitly agrees that he/she is agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions herein, and will have the same effect as if the Short Film Submitter physically executed said document.
If you have questions please Email the Organizer of this listing.
PLEASE NOTE: The MCNY Short Film Festival does NOT waive entry fees.
RETURNS & ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:
DVDs and press materials will not be returned under any circumstances.