The Lake Arrowhead Film Festival (LAFF) first debuted in the spring of 1999 presenting a carefully curated mix of shorts, documentaries and feature films. The LAFF is the mountain community’s premiere cultural experience. This signature annual event has been reimagined with new award categories and expanded offerings. The festival will once again be held at the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa where it attracts the attendance of over 1,500 filmmakers, celebrities, and film enthusiasts from around the world.
The Lake Arrowhead Film Festival mission statement is: “Paying it forward to humanity by celebrating the creative arts. We support emerging voices and more established artists who promote inclusivity, open dialogue and environmental consciousness.”
The LAFF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit which showcases music, film, and new media inspiring awareness and positive change.
The Lake Arrowhead Film Festival Jury Awards:
• Best of Festival
• Best Narrative Feature
• Best Narrative Short
• Best Documentary Feature
• Best Documentary Short
• Best Animated Short
• Best Emerging Filmmaker
• Best Performance
• Audience Award
• Best Humanitarian
• Best Environmental
• Best Science & Technology
• Best Peace & Harmony
• Best Paying-It-Forward
• Best Remembrance
• Best Healing our Heroes
- All films submitted must be completed at time of submission.
- By submitting a film for consideration to Lake Arrowhead Film Festival, the filmmaker/production company grants Lake Arrowhead Film Festival the right to screen the film.
- All applicants declares that they have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to present the film Lake Arrowhead Film Festival (LAFF). The filmmaker must own or have cleared copyright of all aspects of the submitted film. This includes all music and images used. LAFF accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, in regards to clearing copyrighted material.
- Submission of an entry gives Lake Arrowhead Film Festival and its presenters permission to have excerpts of accepted work, including press material, still photographs and film trailers, shown in all promotional activities related to the festival.
- All submissions for Lake Arrowhead Film Festival are to be paid through FilmFreeway platform. The submission fee is non-refundable.
- Screenings are scheduled at the discretion of Lake Arrowhead Film Festival (LAFF). Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, LAFF reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. LAFF will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
- No film may be withdrawn from the festival after its selection.
- Due to the high volume of requests, we are unable to grant fee waivers at this time.