24th International Izmir Short Film Festival
Izmir International Short Film Festival has been holding its place as being one of the greatest events in the field of movie in Turkey and it will meet its audience for the 24th time this year. The festival is the first film festival that gave awards to the international short films. It began to show its films in 2000 and since then it has been one of the most esteemed festivals between film lovers.
Best National Short Fiction Film Award
Best National Short Animation Award
Best National Short Documentary Award
Best National Short Experimental Award
Best International Short Fiction Film Award
Best International Short Animation Screening
Best International Short Documentary Screening
Best International Short Experimental Screening
24th INTERNATIONAL IZMIR SHORT FILM FESTIVAL APLLICATION TERMS
(Please note that IISFF's Oscar Qualification is valid for only national animation and fiction short films.),
1. IISFF is organised by İzmir Cinema Culture and Education Association, and the Association keeps all it's rights reserved.
2. For submissions to be evaluated and selected, filmmakers have to be planning their premiere for the city of Izmir in Izmir International Short Film Festival.
3. Deadline for application is 08.14.2023 (MM/DD/YYYY)
4. No withdrawal is accepted after the official selection and/or competitive films are published.
5. Applicants are allowed to submit more than one film. You need to fill separate forms for each film.
6. The films that are selected for the competition by being utilized by the jury are announced on the official website (www.izmirkisafilm.org), facebook page (facebook.com/izmirkisafilmfestivali). The owners of the films that are not selected will not be informed. (''Selected'' means that your film will be in the non-competitive section of the festival and will only be screened at the ''Panaroma Section'' and ''Finalist'' means that your film will be on the ''Competitive Section'' of the festival. All submissions agrees that the films selected will be also available on the online platform of the festival.
7. Films that are in national and international fiction, experimental, documentary and animation category are welcome to apply. The applicant should select the type of the film, yet the festival jury has all the rights to review and change.
8.Once the film is selected, applicant should upload the master copy of the film and the necessary files to a file sharing site. Films uploaded to video sharing sites like Youtube, Vimeo, etc... will not be accepted due to quality issues.
a.The master copy of the film matching specs below:
VIDEO OPTIONS :
Type: mpg2, vob, mov, mp4, bluray
Codec: MJPEG, Apple ProRes, H264, H265 Bitrate: 15 MBit/s or higher
b.English subtitle file (.srt) of the film
c.Film poster (A3 higher,.jpg format)
d.Trailer (Please check the format details above.)
9. Pre-selection jury, main jury or people of the festival team or their first degree relatives cannot apply for the festival.
10. Only one member of the creative teams of the films that are selected for competition section will be invited to the festival as a representer. Attendance date of the festival will be announced by the festival management.
11. Films are screened to the jury and the audience in the halls which are chosen by the festival management conveniently according to the programme.
12. IISFF committee may compound the categories with another one or may not open the ones, which do not have enough applications, for the competition.
13. There are two different screening types in IISFF as competition and official selection(non-competetive). The festival jury decide which one should be in which type.
14. The length of the film that is applied for IISFF cannot be longer than 30 minutes.
15. The festival committee has the right to use a 30-second-part of a film for promotion.
16. The completion year of the film that is applied for IISFF should be either 2022 or 2023.
17. Additional non-commercial screenings of the film that is applied for IISFF during the festival and later for the cultural events, and also to send them to the other national and international festivals which IISFF is invited as guest festival, are automatically approved by the applicants. The applicants will be informed in these circumstances.
18. English subtitles should be embedded to the film (for non-English films) and the additional link of the subtitle should be attached to the application form.
19. It is allowed to add the information of 1 or 2 directors of each film to the application form. It is also valid for the ones with more than 2 directors.
20. Only films produced in 2022 and 2023 are eligible for 24th IISFF. Older productions are not accepted.
21. The applicant is responsible for their copyrights.
This agreement has been drawn up with 21 clauses and cannot be changed.