Project Chicago Presents the 20th Annual
Chicago International REEL Shorts Film Fest
November 10-11, 2023
This Year's fest features the best short films from throughout the world. Comedies, action, drama, Horror, Demented, arts, we are showing a little of everything! So get tickets while you can!
We will be showing this years films November 10-11, 2023 at the Chicago Filmmakers Theater, 1326 W. Hollywood Ave., Chicago, IL 60640*
*Date(s) and venue subject to change.
Tickets to this year’s festival will be available through www.projectchicago.com (via Paypal), we do not have a convenience fee like most other ticket vendors. Tickets will also be available before each show begins.
** Help CELEBRATE 20 GREAT YEARS OF CHICAGO REEL SHORTS **
** RATED THE TOP 5 SHORTS FESTIVAL IN THE NORTH AMERICA ** (2014) audnews.com
Since 2003 ** Chicago International REEL Shorts Festival ** has provided FILMMAKERS from around the World the opportunity to showcase their work to REEL PEOPLE in the Chicagoland area.
They seek to provide a supportive atmosphere with low entry fees and low cost ticket prices.
With unique venues like the state of the art "Chicago Filmmakers Fire House Theater", Classic venues in Chicago’s Belmont Theater District or a basement screening at the World Famous "Mothers" where you can enjoy a local brew while you watch some of the Worlds best films.
We are all Shorts All the Time !!! No Features stealing your spotlight :)
We love to give out awards!! Each screening has an Audience Choice Award and the festival gives out unique festival awards like Best Youth, Best Comedy, Best Drama, BEST OF FEST.... each year it is different based on the films we program.
So go ahead and submit your film!!!
RULES & REGULATIONS
All submissions and payments are through FilmFreeway's secure online submissions system.
If your film is selected for exhibition, please be advised that the Festival will require a downloadable MP4 file.
* Please submit ONE film per entry with title, type, email and contact name or online screener link
* One digital press kit (This is often overlooked. We need posters and stills for promotion and press inquiries)
* Payment (see Payment & Return).
* World and US Premieres are not required.
* All films and videos in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for Festival presentation.
* Filmmakers must deliver final format (as indicated) for festival screening. No exceptions will be permitted.
* Short Films YOUTH must be works shot, directed, and produced by high school or secondary school (pre-college) students. Adult supervision is limited to advisory capacity.
All, shorts and music videos are eligible for all Awards. Awards and prizes will be given but are to be determined at a later time.
ALL DECISIONS BY OUR JUDGES ARE FINAL.
To submit a film you must hold or share copyright of the film and its content.