Celebrating the power and magic of film as an art form and as a medium for multi-cultural exchange and social responsibility.
We're excited to announce we now have Cinema locations in New York and Los Angeles and we will be hosting multiple events each year! Each season advocates from various partner nonprofit organizations attend the live events to support filmmakers and form partnerships to ensure messages are brought to the right audiences.
Four opportunities to be screened.
1. Our annual live event during Pride Month every year in New York at the lovely Plaza Cinema and Media Arts Center founded by Catherine O'berg and Isabella Rossellini.
2. Our new annual live event during Pride every year in West Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA!
3. Our Monthly Love Wins Series at the Cinema
4. The Love Wins Streaming Channel - an extensive subscriber based network of likeminded people.
Despite all, love always wins. Jaret Martino in association with Love Wins Productions and Distribution, and My Mind Enterprises, envisioned this festival to further the mission of bringing like-minded artists together as our way of helping the shift in global consciousness.
United We Stand! The Love Wins International Film Festival will proudly present all its films at The Plaza Cinema & Media Arts Center.
As a community-supported organization, The Plaza is a safe, inclusive, and equitable public forum for various community groups, individuals, artists, musicians, filmmakers, and non-profit advocacy groups to connect, collaborate, discuss, and support each other, particularly when facing life’s ups and downs.
This memorable event is creating awareness for heart centered, message driven films with a focus on Women's Empowerment, Health and Wellness, LGBTQIA+, Diversity and Inclusion and Health and Wellness.
Creating awareness for subjects deserving attention through all art forms. Turning pain into positive and starting important conversations is the focus of this Festival.
It was important to me that a platform was created that gave Filmmakers something tangible and built a safe space. This home is unique as we value what love stands for, and the power in this is that we never have to be caught up in the commercial motivations that undo all the rich and important elements of Art. - Jaret Martino
**In an effort to keep our community inspired we are excited to announce that each month we are offering Streaming Distribution deals to our Filmmakers! As well as monthly premieres at the Cinema. If your team has release plans and would like an earlier premiere than the set festival dates, please submit to the "Monthly" category specific to your project specs.
Creating awareness for subjects deserving attention through all art forms. Turning pain into positive and starting important conversations is the focus of this Festival.
Equally as important as connecting with industry and moving your project forward we will take time to create an experience for each guest. We're proud partners of over a dozen organizations, and do extensive work within the community.
ABOUT THE PLAZA
The Plaza Cinema & Media Arts Center is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), community-supported organization. Its mission is to celebrate the power and magic of film as an art form and as a medium for multicultural exchange and social responsibility by:
*Screening quality mainstream, independent, and foreign films, and opera and theatre productions captured live from world stages
*Presenting curated series and festivals with guest speakers
*Offering field trips, medial literacy workshops, and classes in
filmmaking and animation
*Contributing to the economic and cultural development of the community
As a cultural center, The Plaza attracts tourism. Many out-of-town patrons who come to see a film or take a class also shop at neighboring businesses and dine at local restaurants. Media Arts classes provide creative outlets for children and teens. Field trips, media literacy workshops, and professional development classes for teachers create a vital synergy between education and the arts.
The team behind the Festival has a wide range of professional experience which includes every facet of Entertainment. Each year our panel includes members of the WGA, PGA and DGA, as well as members from various corporations, Universities and Organizations.
Building an egoless environment with heart centered visions for human rights, LGBTQIA+, Diversity and Inclusion, Women's Empowerment, Health and Wellness is our mission. Making this not only a memorable event but an important gathering where each artists voice is heard through their choice of expression.
Love Wins Festival showcases: Features, Shorts, and Music videos by filmmakers from around the world. We celebrate and support Independent, new, and Alternative filmmakers; not just during our annual Film Festival but throughout the year on our subscriber based streaming channel.
We have held events around the world. From Los Angeles at Paramount, to local off broadway stages, New York Cinemas, and next up in Peru!
Marketing: Annual Festival Winner will have the opportunity to be featured in an industry newsletter that reaches an extensive subscriber based mailing list, as well as a social impact campaign that is specifically designed for your Film. Our PR Agency has locations in New York, Los Angeles, London and Australia.
Our PR nearby our Cinema focuses on University and nonprofit organizations engagement and New York press outlets and radio/TV promotions.
Add your wins and review to IMDB, movie poster, press and marketing outreach!
Online Streaming Distribution to a large likeminded community: Each month we select Films to offer a unique and transparent streaming Distribution deal which will include built in marketing to an extensive subscriber based mailing list and heavy social marketing. This provides an opportunity for the Filmmaker to make some of their budget back! A unique and transparent deal that gives the filmmaker 100% of their profits. We pride ourselves on the fact that there's no other company offering this type of Distribution offer.
Feature Four Wall: For the winning Feature Film a Theatrical four wall option could potentially be discussed as well. The goal of the festival would be to gain exposure for your Film with a concentration on press and audience building. The team will also pick a Film each year to help navigate qualifying for award season.
Terms and Conditions:
· Entries must be in English or - Subtitled, dubbed in English.
· Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker and each entry may be entered in multiple categories.
· All entries should be sent via FilmFreeway. Please don't send discs or any downloadable files to us.
· Works in progress are accepted.
· Entries will not be returned.
· Entry fees are non-refundable
I, the authorized representative of the project being submitted (hereafter called the "Project") to Love Wins Film Festival (hereafter called the “LWF”) for consideration for the 2023 Love Wins Film Festival (hereafter called the “Festival”), hereby acknowledge the following:
1. I represent and warrant to the LWF that: (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights or interests (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) in or relating to the Project (hereafter called the “Project’s Owners”), to exhibit this Project at the Festival, (b) exhibition of the Project at the Festival will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity; and (c) the Project is not subject to any litigation, arbitration, or other adversarial claim or proceeding, nor is the Project the subject of any threat of litigation, arbitration, or other adverse claim or proceeding.
2. I further represent and warrant, on behalf of myself and the Project’s Owners, that the exhibition of the Project at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity, and that the Project does not constitute or include a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from or associated with the exhibition of the Project at or in connection with the Festival.
3. In the event that the Project is accepted by LWF for inclusion in the Festival, I acknowledge, on behalf of myself and the Project’s Owners, that LWF's exhibition or presentation of the Project at the Festival does not and will not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between LWF on the one hand and myself and/or the Project’s Owners on the other. I further acknowledge, on behalf of myself and the Project’s Owners, that I and we understand that neither I nor any of the Project’s Owners will receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by, or may be implied against, LWF or the Festival in the event of, by virtue of, or as a result of the Institute’s selection of the Project for the Festival. I and the Project’s Owners understand and acknowledge that the selection of the Project for inclusion in the Festival does not and will not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by LWF or the Festival of the content of the Project or any opinion expressed therein.
4. I agree, on behalf of myself and each of the Project’s Owners, to indemnify and hold harmless LWF and the Festival, together with each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, attorneys, creative advisors, agents and representatives (collectively, “LWF Related Parties”), from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fees and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs) that may be asserted by any person or entity, or may be incurred by LWF, the Festival, or any LWF Related Parties, at any time in connection with the Project or the LWF's use, handling, consideration or exhibition thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Institute, the Festival or any LWF Related Parties, including, without limitation, any express or implied representation in these Terms and Conditions.
5. I warrant and agree, on behalf of myself and each of the Project’s Owners, that the Project is being submitted to LWF voluntarily and without promise or inducement, and that the submission of the Project neither imposes nor creates any obligation or responsibility on the part of LWF, the Festival, or any LWF Related Parties to accept the Project for inclusion in the Festival, to exhibit the Project at the Festival, to acknowledge the submission of the Project, or to return the Project to me or others. I further agree, on my own behalf and on behalf of the Project’s Owners, that I and the Project’s Owners, and any other representative or person affiliated with the Project, in submitting the Project for consideration, are waiving, forfeiting, forgoing and relinquishing any right that I or we might otherwise have to assert any claim or commence any proceeding in any forum or tribunal against LWF, the Festival, or any LWF Related Parties, based upon, arising out of or otherwise relating to the submission, exhibition or failure to exhibit the Project (including, without limitation, claims relating to any failure or refusal to exhibit the Project at the Festival, the exhibition or marketing of the Project at or in connection with the Festival, alleged oral or written representations by the Festival or its representatives relating to the submission or exhibition of the Project, and any other matters arising from or relating to the submission of the Project), whether such claims may be based on theories of contract, implied contract, tort, statute, or other legal theory (hereinafter, “Claim”). In the event that any Claim is asserted, or any action, arbitration or other proceeding is brought or commenced, in violation of the agreement set forth in the immediately preceding sentence, I agree, on my own behalf and on behalf of each of the Project’s Owners, to indemnify LWF and the Festival from any and all Claims, losses, liabilities, damages, fees and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs) that are incurred by LWF, the Festival and any LWF Related Parties as a result of or in connection with any such Claim or any action, arbitration or other proceeding brought in violation of the representations and agreements set forth in this paragraph.
6. Without in any way limiting the provisions or scope of the agreements set forth in paragraph 5 above and paragraph 10 below, I further agree and accept that, in the event that any Claim is asserted, or any action, arbitration or other proceeding is brought or commenced, by me, any of the Project’s Owners, or any other representative of or person affiliated with the Project, in violation of the agreements set forth in paragraph 5 above, and in the further event that an arbitrator or other tribunal should permit such Claim to proceed despite the waiver language set forth in paragraph 5 above, the sole and maximum remedy that could be awarded to me or any other person or entity asserting any Claim shall be a refund of the submission fee paid in connection with the submission of the Project to LWF for consideration for the Festival. Under no circumstances shall any other remedy, including without limitation actual, expectancy, reliance, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages, or any other damages, or injunctive, declaratory, provisional or other relief, be available to me, the Project’s Owners, or any other person or entity representing or affiliated with the Project.
7. In the event that the Project is accepted by LWF for inclusion in and exhibition at the Festival, I hereby grant, on behalf of myself and each of the Project’s Owners, each of the following rights to LWF the Festival, and any LWF Related Parties without reservations, conditions or qualifications: (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from or relating to the Project for promotional purposes; and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Project and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide up-to-date contact information pertaining to the director(s) and producer(s) of the Project, and to grant LWF and the Festival, at their sole and absolute discretion, the right to provide this information to film industry organizations that sponsor Festival events.
8. In the event that the Project is accepted by LWF for inclusion in and exhibition at the Festival, and I or the Project’s Owners have contractual obligations to any producers, distributors, creators, cast or crew regarding "festival benefits" (which may include but are not limited to production credits, screening tickets, Festival credentials or monetary compensation), I agree and accept that those “festival benefits” must be administered and distributed by myself and/or the Project’s Owners, and do not impact the nature or quantity of benefits provided by Institute.
9. I warrant and agree, on behalf of myself and each of the Project’s Owners, that LWF has made no claims, representations or guarantees, and has provided no assurances, in relation to the internal process utilized by the Institute with respect to selection of projects for inclusion in the Festival, and that the submission of the Project neither imposes nor creates any obligation or responsibility on the part of LWF, the Festival, or any LWF Related Parties to provide me, the Project’s Owners, or my or their related parties with comments, feedback or other information pertaining to the viewing or consideration of the Project by the Institute for possible inclusion in the Festival.
10. I warrant and agree, on behalf of myself and each of the Project’s Owners, that by submitting the Project to LWF, I hereby grant LWF and all persons employed by, contracted by, or otherwise directly associated with LWF the irrevocable right to view and/or download all digital assets associated with the Project, including, but not limited to, any representation of the Project in the form of video files, still images, assets streamed via the Internet, and/or all other assets and information provided by the Applicant on the application. All digital assets referenced above shall remain active and accessible by LWF until the conclusion of the Festival on July 2023. Any dissemination of these materials, incidental or otherwise, shall not be the responsibility of the Institute or any LWIFF representative.
11. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that, if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided the Institute with signed, written consent from my parent or legal guardian.
12. Without in any way limiting the provisions or scope of the agreements set forth in paragraph 5 above, I further agree, on behalf of myself and each of the Project’s Owners, that any claim, dispute or controversy arising out of, in connection with, or otherwise related to the Project, the Festival, or these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, any Claim (as this term is defined above) and any other claim or cause of action of any nature arising from the actual or alleged breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity of these Terms and Conditions, as well as the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be governed by the internal, substantive laws of the State of New York and will be subject to and submitted to exclusive, binding arbitration before a single arbitrator in New York, which shall be the sole and exclusive forum for determination of such claim, dispute or controversy. Such arbitration will be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures then in effect. The arbitrator will be selected by mutual agreement of the parties or, if the parties are unable to agree on an arbitrator, will be appointed by JAMS pursuant to its Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures then in effect. The arbitrator shall issue a written award and, subject to the terms of paragraph 6 hereof, shall have the right to award monetary relief. I specifically agree and acknowledge, however, that the arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive or exemplary damages, nor shall the arbitrator have the power to order LWF to include the Project in the Festival or to award other injunctive or non-monetary relief. The arbitrator shall have the power to award, and shall be required to award, to the substantially prevailing party in any such arbitration, its reasonable attorneys’ fees, costs and expenses incurred in connection with the arbitration (including, without limitation, reimbursement of that party’s share of the arbitrator’s fees and JAMS administrative charges). The arbitrator’s award shall be final, binding and non-appealable. Judgment on the arbitrator’s award may be entered in any federal or state court of competent jurisdiction in the United States. In agreeing to this exclusive arbitration provision, I hereby waive, forfeit and relinquish, on behalf of myself and each of the Project’s Owners, any right or entitlement that I or the Project’s Owners might otherwise have had to bring or litigate any claim or claims encompassed by this paragraph in any federal or state court against LWF, the Festival, or any LWF Related Party, and further waive, forfeit and relinquish any right to a trial by jury with respect to such claim or claims.
13. I hereby acknowledge that I have the right to consult with an attorney of my own choosing with respect to these Terms and Conditions and with respect to the Rules and Regulations for submitting a project to the Festival, located at www.LoveWinsProductions.com. By completing my submission application for 2023 Love Wins Film Festival consideration, I agree that I am doing so after having consulted with an attorney or after I freely or voluntarily elected not to do so without coercion or duress.
14. I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood the Rules and Regulations for submitting a project to the Festival, located at www.LoveWinsProductions.com, and that the information contained in said Rules and Regulations does and shall supersede any information obtained elsewhere, including, but not limited to, information contained in any current Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents and/or rules and regulations documents from prior years.
15. By completing my submission application for 2023 Love Wins Film Festival consideration via FilmFreeway, I freely and voluntarily give and express my full and complete acceptance of all of the terms and provisions set forth in these Terms and Conditions. I acknowledge that no oral representations, inducements, promises or assurances of any kind, and no representations, inducements, promises or assurances not set forth in these Terms and Conditions, have been made to me or the Project’s Owners by the Festival, LWF, or any LWF Related Parties.
16. No refunds.
17. If mailing is necessary for DCP, the Festival is not responsible in the case of lost, stolen, returned mail to and from senders. No liability shall be placed on the festival for any fees incurred on mailing and/or personal property
In the event that the Project is accepted for the 2023 Love Wins International Film Festival, the Project Owners will enter into a Festival Participation Agreement incorporating all of the terms and conditions of this agreement, which terms and conditions shall be and remain binding upon the undersigned, the Project and the Project Owners. The LWIFF reserves the right to rescind any and all Festival acceptance invitations given to the Project and the Project Owners, whether verbally or in writing, in the event that the Festival Participation Agreement is not accepted by the Project Owners.