By You, For You, About You”
Welcome to the 14th Annual World Music and Independent Film Festival (WMIFF) 2022. WMIFF was established to celebrate and provide a platform of achievements for international cinema artists. Dedicated to building a global film community and supporting emerging filmmakers, WMIFF offers all selected artists exceptional exposure with an inclusive vibe that has won over alumni, attendees, and industry members alike. WMIFF festivities are open to all, featuring some of the most talented artists in both film and music.
Check the website for detail. www.wmiff.net
Terms & Conditions:
- Your company agrees that your movie of music video is original and is not plagiarized.
- Your company agrees that you have full rights to agree to posting of film or music video trailer on our website and other websites that we see fit.
- Your company gives MJD Productions and WMIFF rights to air your movie trailer and or music video at Events, and if we choose to screen your film once during the week of the festival exclusively for the purpose of the festival.
WMIFF does not allow pornographic content that would be considered Rated X. All submission must check on the rating noted above. If WMIFF finds your submission of an “X” rating, it will be pulled from the Festival automatically.
- After signature and payment is received, there are no refunds allowed.
- WMIFF will help to promote your film on our website and at all events.
- WMIFF submissions do not include tickets to the festival and does not include meals served at events.
- All submitters will be invited to all events and parties, where will be promoting you. We encourage you to bring guests.
- Online voting pertains to one vote per day per computer.
- Your company agrees to be filmed and photographed at all events and parties. Any footage that is taken at all parties and events is full custody of the person with the camera and the company that they represent. Any disputes must be taken up with them. WMIFF is not responsible.
- Your company gives full permission to show your movie trailers, music video and any information about your movie and people involved on http://www.wmiff.net
- Your company agrees that there can be no legal action taken against WMIFF for any reason to what is stated above.
- WMIFF is not legally binding to any law suits that may come about or are pending for the film that you are submitting.
Submission/ Pre-selection/Selection Eligibility Regulations:
For any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Film must not have been released online. ALL SUBMISSIONS must mention, what category they are applying for.
2) A log-line and a Short Synopsis of your work must be included with your film submission.
3) For your convenience we accept online screener submissions via FilmFreeway. If you choose to mail your copies, please send 2 copies of your DVD to festival . All films must be submitted on DVD (NTSC Only) to:
17294 Fairbourne Drive
Jeffersonton VA 22724
U S A
4) In case if you choose to mail your DVD's, the following materials MUST be included with the DVD (2 copies, NTSC Only), or provided via FilmFreeway. Entry materials will not be returned. Incomplete entries will not be considered.
o Official Entry submitted through FilmFreeway
o Entry Fee: International Submissions must be paid by Credit Card. US Submissions may use Money Order as alternate payment method. Submission fee must be payable in the name of MJD Productions. All Submission fees are Non-Refundable.
5) All entries may be submitted authorized person to send the submission.
6) DO NOT use paper labels on the top of DVD lamination. Paper labels often cause DVDs to stick, skip, pixillate and stop.
7) DO NOT package your submission in shredded paper envelopes! Bubble-wrap is the best.
8) DO NOT send an SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope), as preview materials cannot be returned.
9) There is no limit on how many entries you may submit, but each entry must have a separate entry and entry fee. You may send multiple submissions together in one package.
10) All films must be presented in their original language, with English subtitles. By "original language" is meant the one in which a film is or will be exhibited in its country of origin. No dubbed video tapes or DVDs will be previewed or considered.
11) Films previously submitted to WMIFF will only be considered if they have been re-edited and reapplied as a new submission, including all applicable entry fees.
12) Films are selected on an invite only basis from eligible entries by the programming committee. Each film invited to be part of the Official Selection in competition by the Board of Directors/Programming Committee will receive a Certificate of Participation.
13) All Officially Selected films in Competition will be informed via email so please ensure you provide us with the right email address.
14) The winner in each category shall be announced at the Red Carpet Black Tie star studded gala awards night presentation held at the prestigious Capitol Hilton in Washington D.C to occur following the close of the Competition.
15) Award winners/ Nominees will be announced on the WMIFF website, Social Media and in our online magazine/ newsletters. If your film is selected for screening or if your submission is a finalist, please make every effort to attend the film festival. At the time WMIFF does not provide any travel/accommodation & Gala tickets.
16) Selected films must be made available for Festival presentation in digital video (DVD) or Blu-Ray
17) During the entire duration of the WMIFF, none of the films invited may be shown outside the Festival's official theaters before its official screening.
Submission Labeling & Shipping:
18) All submissions must be labeled with the film title, running time and contact information (including name, address and phone number) and FilmFreeway tracking number. International shipments must be accompanied by a commercial invoice (containing the film title, run time, format (color or b&w), value of shipment and sender's name and address). 19) Screeners and shipping documents should be marked: Without commercial value, for cultural purposes only. All film submissions must be shipped prepaid and packed in proper containers to arrive at the WMIFF office no later than their respective deadlines.
o If a film is invited to participate, the DVD copy MUST reach the WMIFF office on time and must be shipped prepaid and packed in proper packing material..
o WMIFF does not assume any liability for damage to the DVD copy due to improper packing material or otherwise.
19) All films must be submitted on DVD (NTSC Only)
20) Once a film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival programme during the event.
21) Participation in the WMIFF implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of preselection conditions.
22) We also need the link to your trailer, so we can post it our website & promote it. Send the link to email@example.com
23) Not all officially selected films will be screen. Contact the festival organizer and check the schedule and see if your film will be screen. Filmmakers should bring a copy in either DVD, Blu ray or other format to the screening & If you want to test the DVD, you must coordinate with the projectionist or the festival organizer to come early of before the first film is showing. If you want your copy back, you should ask the projectionist to give your copy back at the end of the screening. WMIFF is not responsible for any damage, lost & stolen copy of your DVD, Flyers, Banners or any personal belonging left at the venue or at the Gala and awarding.
For any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org