In/Motion connects international dance and film artists through short and feature dance film screenings, Q&A's, master classes, live performances, moderated panels, and networking events with audiences and other dance film artists. Our mission is to support interdisciplinary collaboration to engage on issues that promote social change and provide space for dialogue around sustainable artistry.
Audience Choice Award
Special Jury Award
Best Chicago Filmmaker Award
- Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
- All submitted work must be 15 minutes and under (please email us if your film is longer, but you would still like to submit).
- In/Motion is particularly interested in films confronting social justice issues although this is NOT a requirement for submitting to the festival.
- Early Deadline submissions must be submitted by October 1st, 2017 for fee $15 & student fee $5 at 12:00am midnight central time, Regular Deadline November 15th, 2017 for regular fee $20 & student fee $10 at 12:00am midnight central time, OR by Late Deadline December 31st, 2017 at for late fee $35, student fee $20 at 12:00am midnight central time.
- Submission fee must be made at time of submission.
- Applicants must have all necessary rights and releases to all presented persons, audio and visual media presented in the film.
- Once a film is submitted, the submission fee may not be refunded.
- By submitting your film, you grant In/Motion the rights to use excerpts of your film/photography in any promotional materials on their website and all social media.
- If accepted, you agree to abide by deadlines for submitting other required program materials.