In/Motion connects international dance and film artists through short and feature dance film screenings, Q&A's, master classes, live performances, moderated panels, and networking events.
We support interdisciplinary collaboration between artists promoting social equality, and space for dialogue around sustainable artistry.
Audience Choice Award
Grand Jury Award
Social Justice Award
Each award winner gets their choice of either (A) a donation to an arts organization of their choice or (B) a year-long subscription to an arts publication that would further their work/networking.
- Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
- All submitted work should be 15 minutes or less. Longer work will be accepted, but please know it is our intention to focus on shorts. We are also open to screening shortened versions of longer films. Please email if you have a specific question about your film's length.
- In/Motion is particularly interested in films confronting social justice issues although this is NOT a requirement for submitting to the festival.
- Films must be submitted by the deadline with appropriate fee payment:
- Earlybird: Sept 1st, 2020 at 11:59pm CST for fee ($15) or student fee ($5)
- Regular: Oct 1st, 2020 at 11:59pm CST for fee ($20) or student fee ($10)
- Late: Nov 1st, 2020 at 11:59pm CST for fee ($45) or student fee ($25)
- Submission fee must be made at time of submission.
- Applicants must have all necessary rights and releases to all presented persons, audio and visual media presented in the film.
- Once a film is submitted, the submission fee may not be refunded.
- By submitting your film, you grant In/Motion the rights to use excerpts of your film/photography in any promotional materials on their website and all social media.
- If accepted, you agree to abide by deadlines for submitting other required program materials.
- The In/Motion Dance Film Festival 2021 will be hosted entirely online. The films selected for this year's festival will be available for the (1) week of the festival, in which audiences can view the films and vote for the Audience Choice Award. The Grand Jury will also view the films and vote for the Grand Jury and Social Justice Awards. All awards will be announced at the live event concluding the festival on Saturday, January 30th.