FAST FORWARD to help us identify the future rising artists of the horror movie genre. Submit your short film now at the Gofobo Fast Forward Film Festival (Gff) Presents Staff Picks: Horror!
No matter where you are located around the world, showcase your short film at the Gff during the four day virtual event on Monday, October 25th - Thursday, October 28th. Since our film showcase is online, no travel is necessary and you can attend with friends and family in glamorous red carpet attire or sweatpants if you would like.
We at Gofobo host thousands of advance movie screenings every year, both virtual and theatrical for major movie studios. We thought since we do this regularly, why not open our doors to indie filmmakers and host a virtual film showcase? Utilizing our very own Virtual Screening Room platform on Gofobo.com, you will have the opportunity to screen your short film in front of thousands of audience members online. Enter the Gff Presents Staff Picks: Horror and your film will have exposure in front of film industry professionals, fellow filmmakers, and avid moviegoers from around the world.
This fall we want to celebrate the art of storytelling and independent filmmaking of the Horror genre. Your short film will be screened for competition and judged by our international audience selecting the Best Short Film in the showcase.
All awards will be announced online shortly after the film festival. Awards will be voted on by audience members of the showcase and winners will receive a cash prize.
Audience Award Best Short Film:
(1) Winner will receive an award of $1,000.
(1) Winner will receive an award of $750.
(1) Winner will receive an award of $250.
Please make sure to read all of the festival rules to qualify for consideration:
- Please note: Gff may disqualify submissions from consideration if the submission is not complete by 11:59pm PST on the final day of the deadline window.
- Open to Filmmakers 17 and older from all countries.
- All non-English films must include English subtitles already edited into the short film content.
- Short Films of horror, thriller, suspense, and dark comedy genres are accepted.
- Short Films must be under 30 minutes in length.
- Short Films may not be promotional or for commercial use.
- Short Films must be submitted via online screener.
- Film selection for the festival will be made by the Gff programming committee.
- Gff programming committee will watch and consider all qualifying short films submitted.
- All filmmakers will be notified via email regardless of acceptance or rejection by Friday, October 8th, 2021. If you have not heard from us by that date, check your Spam folder
- A Waiver of Liability Related to Online Screenings must be signed by owner/filmmaker of the short film submission to be eligible
- We can accept the following video file specs: h264, 1920, 2ch st, 6mbps min*; 25gb max file size
- Assets required in each short film submission include:
1. Short film content file
2. Signed Waiver of Liability Related to Online Screenings
3. Creative Artwork - Title Treatment & Poster One Sheet (if available)
4. Production Stills (2-3)
7. Social Media Information handles and hashtags - film, director, actors (if available)
*Eligible filmmakers may be reached out to via email to collect all submission assets