About GNG Green Earth Film Festival
Celebrating its seventh year, the GNG Green Earth Film Festival is a place for filmmakers of all experience levels—from seasoned industry professionals to passionate students— to come together and share, screen and discuss their eco-conscious films with like-minded individuals. We believe in the power of film to start conversations and effect positive change in the environment. The GNG Green Earth Film Festival strives to uphold that idea through high-quality screenings, fascinating discussions with the filmmakers and meaningful partnerships with nonprofit organizations benefiting from the festival.
The GNG Green Earth Festival is made possible by The Gottlieb Native Garden, Loyola Marymount University's School of Film and Television and Loyola Marymount's Center for Urban Resilience.
The Founders of The GNG Green Earth Film Festival are Dan and Susan Gottlieb.
Prizes will be awarded in four categories:
Gottlieb Award for Environmental Excellence
• Submissions must illustrate an environmental theme and be informative, educational or inspirational
• All films submitted must have been completed in 2017, 2018 or 2019
• Submissions should be no longer than 120 minutes
• All submissions must include a completed application. The submission is Free.
• Must submit trailer
• Must submit 3-5 high-resolution images as jpg, eps, tiff or psd (at a resolution of 300 dpi)
• Films must be in English or have English subtitles
• All films must be submitted by URL link. Filmmakers must submit a working link to an online version of their film on an external site (i.e. your own website, Vimeo, etc.) and any necessary passwords to view the link AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION. This link must be active and working through October 31, 2018. DO NOT send a DVD copy; DVDs will not be considered. If any changes are made to the access of your film's link, you MUST contact us with the updated information, or your film may be disqualified from consideration.
The GNG Green Earth Film Festival is permitted non-exclusive limited use of film titles, trailers, posters and film excerpts for promotional use including online, educational, print or broadcast media. Filmmaker (Applicant) fully retains all rights, title and interest in their films and all intellectual property. By submitting the film, the Applicant warrants that he/she is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Films accepted into the Festival will be placed, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Festival Programming department. Applicant agrees that all necessary rights for both picture and sound have been secured, and no infringements of any rights will occur by exhibiting the film.