Festival de Cinema na Casa is an international film festival dedicated to New Directors and held in Lisbon, Portugal.
This is a "diffused" festival, meaning that screenings do not take place in centralised venues, but rather in open homes around the city.
This is a "participative" festival, meaning that anyone can apply to host a screening or take part in the organization.
Filmmakers are welcome to apply with their FoSFF (First or Second Feature Film), six of which will be selected for the official competition.
The jury is formed by musicians, writers, cultural agitators and new directors living and thriving in the city of Lisbon.
Past edition (2022): https://festivaldecinemanacasa.pt/2022-edition/
- Golden Eye for Best Feature Film
- Silver Eye for Best Visual Storytelling
- Golden Chimney / Chaminé d'Or for Best Feature Film
The winner of the Audience Award will be invited to attend the following edition of the festival.
1. The festival is dedicated to first or second feature films released from 2017 onwards.
2. Films of all genres are welcome (fiction and non-fiction), with a strong preference for art house films.
3. All films must be subtitled in English.
4. Films may have premiered elsewhere.
5. Selected films are screened in private homes around the city. The winner of the Audience Award is additionally screened in a cultural association. For this reason, the premiere status is not affected.
6. Films must be submitted via online screener (Vimeo, YouTube, or FilmFreeway Screener) or as downloadable link (via file sharing platforms such WeTrasnfer, Dropbox, Google Drive).
7. The submitter certifies to have screening rights.
8. We are a non-profit festival with free screenings, hence we unfortunately are not able to cover screening fees.