Ali Wong, Daniel Tosh, Jimmy Carr, Jim Norton, Natasha Leggero, Anthony Jeselnik, Doug Stanhope, Amy Schumer.
All of these comedians and their fellow colleagues have one thing in common: Black comedy. Bringing taboos into the public domain and making fun of it. Laughter is the best medicine and for some of us, we need a little extra spice. Although we focus on the niche of dark comedy, we accept all types of comedy into our festival.
The Dark Comedy Film Festival is in its 2nd year and we are excited to showcase the best of the best that comedy (especially dark) has to offer.
Entries are promoted throughout our social media channels regardless of official selection. Therefore, we kindly request that you have stills, trailers, posters, etc, when you submit.
Awards are based off Gold, Silver, Bronze and Honorable Mention. There are technical awards as well as an Audience Award and Judge's Award. Projects that place will receive a certification of achievement, laurels as well as recognition on our website and social media.
By submitting to DCFF you agree to the following:
1) All fees are non-refundable
2) You agree for your project to be used for promotional material by us (the safe for work bits, of course)
3) You can withdraw your submission 5 days before selections are made
4) Once selections are made, you cannot withdraw
5) DCFF has the right to refuse films that attempt to push a certain narrative
6) DCFF has the right to refuse films that are poor audio visual quality
7) All entries must be submitted in English or have English subtitles
8) Due to Covid-19 festival dates, location and times may change
9) No revised or updated screenplays will be accepted once submitted
10) Screenplays must be in PDF or WORD
11) All jury decisions are final
12) Filmmakers in attendance to the live festival will be responsible for their own travel, accommodation and other expenses
13) DCFF does not pay screening fees
14) Student submissions must have student ID (with valid ID) uploaded on the festival page or emailed to festival organizers
15) All content submitted must be within the last 3 years
16) Promotion on social media channels does NOT guarantee official selection or win
17) Due to the number of submissions, DCFF cannot provide feedback on any entries.
18) All submitters must ensure that all relevant info including contact information is up to date and correct. Submitters are also encouraged to check their spam/junk folders. If DCFF is unable to contact filmmakers or receive their films, they will be ineligible for the festival.
19) Screenplays must be in the standard screenplay format
WARNING: SOME VIEWERS MAY FIND CONTENT WITHIN THIS FESTIVAL TO BE DISTURBING OR GRAPHIC IN NATURE. MANY COPE WITH LOSS, LOVE AND LIFE DIFFERENTLY WITH THEIR HUMOR AND IF YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE IT KAREN, THEN WE ADVISE YOU TO PROCEED WITH CAUTION.