Migrations brings international contemporary arts to Wales while developing innovative collaborations, commissions and partnerships in Wales and further afield. For further information visit our website.
Our presentations includes a dedicated Dance Film programme screen at various venues across the country.
This is out open call for your film to be a part of our programme.
Here's how the Migrations' Dance Film programme work:
• Every quarter we curate a short selection of high quality international dance films.
• These are then screened simultaneously in various venues across the country.
• The films are presented on a loop for three months on a variety of platforms, from flat-screens to large projections.
• Venues are normally in public places and includes for example: art galleries, theatres, libraries, shopping centres, cinemas and hospitals.
• We expose this under-represented art form to very large number of new audiences.
• Films are selected by Migrations' Artistic Director or, on occasion, by a specially invited guest curator.
Migrations Dance Film only receives online submissions.
1. All films submitted should incorporate the theme DANCE in any way, shape or form.
2. The MAXIMUM RUNNING TIME FOR FILM IS 15 MINUTES (including titles and credits). IF OVER THIS TIME YOUR SUBMISSION WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT CONSIDERATION.
3. Nudity, pornographic, violence, horror and sensitive issue etc films are not eligible for Migrations Dance Film (as they will be screened in public spaces).
4. Films submitted to Migrations Dance Film must either be in English or Welsh, or have English subtitles.
5. Migrations will have the right to show any of the films submitted to non-commercial audiences.
6. Films selected for the festival should be provided in suitable digital format.
10. The submission of films from all parts of the world is encouraged, provided that the commentaries and subtitles are English or Welsh, or with English sub-titles..
11. All entries will be eligible for any awards available.
12. Migrations Dance Film retains the right to hold a copy of films submitted for archival and promotional purposes.
13. By submitting a film for consideration to Migrations Dance Film the filmmaker/production company grant Migrations Dance Film the right to screen the film throughout the duration of the festival in any capacity. Migrations Dance Film will never upload a completed film to the Internet without the filmmakers consent.
14. The applicant declares that he/she has obtained all necessary rights and permissions to present the film in Migrations Dance Film. The filmmaker must own or have cleared copyright of all aspects of the submitted film. This includes all music and images used. Migrations Dance Film accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, in regards to clearing copyrighted material.
15. A previously selected film cannot be submitted again.
16. All decisions regarding festival acceptance are final.