CONTENT2020 (September 15-17) is a Christian film festival and media summit that takes place on a real working film set at "Capernaum Studios" in the Dallas Texas area.
OUR PURPOSE is to Equip and Network and Inspire Christian Filmmakers from All Nations, Tribes and Languages (Revelation 5:9,10).
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
- Funding for your Media Project - "BOOST" program
- We are BIG in building community
- We are BIG in serving JESUS AND YOU - the filmmaker
- Tour a Real Working Film Set (indoor and outdoor studios)
Note - "The Chosen" filmed at Capernaum Studios.
- Bootcamps: Actors, Screenwriters, Cinematography and Journalism
- Exposure and Laurels
- Connect with Industry Leaders
- Be Refreshed Through Worship and Prayer
- Build Relationships
- Grow Your Craft
- We Celebrate your Content!
It is the perfect opportunity to build community, network, bring your location scouts, learn from industry leaders and build relationships with fellow filmmakers.
1. Film Competition "Film Tank": Audience Choice awards for Best Feature and Short.
2. Film Competition: "Judges Recognition Awards" for outstanding achievement in over 45 categories.
3. Script writing Competition: Judges Award for outstanding achievement in 5 categories.
4. Actor Awards: Judges awards for outstanding achievement in 12 categories.
PLUS: A panel of Kingdom Minded People are looking to donate directly to select media projects - See the BOOST program on the Website - CONTENT2020.org!
FILM AND SCREENPLAY COMPETITION RULES
A. FILMS: Accepting submissions for Features, Shorts, Television, Ministry, Web, Documentary, Justice and Biblical and Individual Recognition Awards like:
Director, Storytelling, Cinematography, Young Filmmaker, etc.
(for a list of all the categories, see the CONTENT2020.org website)
B. SCREENPLAYS: Accepting submissions for Features, Shorts, Television
C. SUBMISSIONS FOR BOTH FILM AND SCREENPLAYS:
*** Only 3 submissions PER CATEGORY allowed.
*** Only 6 submissions TOTAL allowed.
*** A representative must be present at CONTENT2020 (full registration or day pass) for the project to be eligible for awards. (Note: A rep can be a cast member, family member, friend, etc.)
** DETAILED RULES
1. SUBJECT MATTER : Submissions must be of Christian Faith and/or Family and/or Biblical and/or Educational Content and/or Clean Comedy.
Prohibited content includes: pornography, nudity, sexually explicit scenes, heavy offensive language, using the Lord's name in vain, strong gore and horror.
2. AUTHORITY TO SUBMIT: All submissions must be handled by an individual who has the authority (ownership / copyright / permission) to do so.
3. AGE OF PROJECT: All entries must have been released within the last 3 years (as of January 2017), and not previously considered in a CMA event -- EXCEPTIONS - Films older than 3 years must have undergone significant changes (ie: editorial re-edit, entirely new musical score, or content added to bring a documentary up to date) may be considered, ALSO films previously entered but were not awarded.
4. ATTENDANCE AT CONTENT2020 :
A. SCRIPT-WRITING COMPETITION: If your submission is nominated for an award, a representative from your org must attend (full registration or day pass)
** Note: A representative can be you, your agent, a family member, friend, associate, a speaker, etc.
B. FILM TANK AND/OR JUDGES RECOGNITION AWARDS COMPETITION: If your submission is nominated for an award or to be screened, a representative must attend (full registration or day pass) or it will be removed from the Film Tank (audience choice) schedule and forfeit any Judges Recognition Awards.
** Note: A representative can be a cast member, your agent, family member, friend, associate, a speaker at the conference, etc.
5. FILM SCREENINGS: If your film submission is nominated for a Category Award (Features or Shorts), it will be screened in part, not whole, for the registrants to view and vote on at the Festival (for example: lets say 6 features are nominated, thus the first 15 minutes of each nominated feature is screened, one after another with voting in between).
6. RIGHT OF REFUSAL: CMA has the right of declining any submission that they deem is not appropriate or for any reason. Submitter agrees to accept the decisions made by the judges gracefully and to not slander or belittle the Conference or other entries.
7. RIGHT TO PRESENT : By entering a film submission, the Filmmaker agrees to allow the content to be screened at CONTENT and to allow short portions of the Film to be used by the Conference for promotional purposes.
8. FILM SUBTITLES : Submissions that contain significant non-English dialogue must include English subtitles.
9. MATURE AUDIENCE IDENTIFICATION : If your submission contains content that is not suitable for younger viewers, Filmmaker or Screenwriter must identify this in their submission form.
10. REFUNDS : CONTENT2020 does not give refunds. As the funds come in they are
allocated to expenses for the conference. Registrations are also non-refundable, but may be transferred.
11. JUDGES: Judges retain the right to increase or decrease the number of awards given and/or move a film to a category that best fits.
May the LORD Bless you and give you FAVOR!