(DENVER, CO.) – Historic Elitch Theatre in partnership with Blissfest333, the Youth International Silent Film Festival, The Bug Theatre, is proud to present the Second Annual Historic Elitch Theatre Children's Day International Film Festival on September 14th and 15th. CDIFF will be a weekend event featuring unique, intelligent films from across the world for young audiences and their families from 11am-5pm. Each day will bring three blocks of films with brief intermissions. All screenings will take place inside The Bug Theatre.
Children’s Day reflects Mary Elitch’s core mission: to introduce the cultural arts to our youth, open their minds, stimulate their curiosity, and deepen their compassion and understanding. CDIFF will give them exposure to high-quality films, compelling stories, and diverse perspectives from around the world and their own backyard. This year’s features will transport the audience into animated worlds to real worlds with beauty, thrilling thought-provoking adventures, friendships and fearless triumphs and tragedies.
Please join us for the Second Annual Children’s Day International Film Festival. This event will become a family favorite that you won’t want to miss. All children must be accompanied by an adult. 18 and under are FREE.
WHAT: Children’s Day International Film Festival
WHEN: Saturday, September 14th and Sunday, September 15th, 2018
WHERE: The Bug Theatre, 3654 Navajo St, Denver, CO 80211
COST: $10-$50 for film-goers; 18 years and under are FREE
OFFICIAL SUBMISSION RULES:
1) Submission Format
Films must be submitted via online screener and appropriate for children and under 30 minutes.
2) All entry fees paid are non refundable.
3) There are no restrictions on distribution status. There are no requirements or restrictions for premiere status to submit to the festival. We welcome all films and genres that are appropriate for children and young adults. The festival's management has the final say in what is considered inappropriate material.
4) All submission screeners must go through a screening process to qualify for selection. After completing the screening process notification of acceptance will be sent out by email, post or notified by phone.
5) As films are selected they are notified of selection and sent to programming for inclusion into the festival film schedule. Filmmakers are notified in the order of selection and not submission dates. Please be patient as your film goes through our screening process. We are unable to reply to emails asking if your film has been selected or where it is in the screening process.
6) The official exhibition formats for the festival through a digital file such as MOV or MP4. Any filmmakers wishing to have their film projected in another format other than stated must provide their own equipment at their expense during their screening, and accept all liability for such use and rental. Filmmaker provided equipment will be removed at the end of their screening and returned to the filmmaker.
7) After a film has been selected and the filmmaker is notified, the film will be listed on the festival web site under official selections. Once you are notified please send us by email a promotional photo in JPEG format only and a short word film synopsis for inclusion on the festivals web site, additionally, we will require several synopsis of varying lengths. You may also send a web page link to your films web site which will be linked from ours.
8) Remember the promotional picture and synopsis you send us will also be used in the festivals official program. If you do not supply a short word synopsis your program listing will only show your title and promotional picture.
9) All entered films HET has a non exclusive limited use agreement to use film titles or trailers or film posters for festival and film promotional use only including online, print or broadcast media to promote the festival and selected films to the industry and general public. Filmmakers fully retain all rights, title and interest in their films and all intellectual Property.
10) Official selection films must provide their final exhibition copy to the festival programming department 15 days prior to the festival unless using your screener.
11) HET is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes.
12) The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
13) The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless HET Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
14) Films may be used in future HET Festivals, and kept in our film library.