Firenze Film Festival is an annual event dedicated to independent cinema, held at the beautiful, historical venue of Odeon Firenze that has 559 seats!
Films have the power to connect people through empathy. At Firenze Film Festival we are looking for the stories that stay with the audience after leaving the cinema, that challenge the way we think, and feel about the world around us. Our aim is to promote the artists who tell these stories, by providing a platform for their work and recognize their efforts with awards in a wide range of categories.
The festival will welcome filmmakers and cinema-fans from around the world, at this international event. We have created a varied festival program for you, which will provide plenty of opportunities to meet fellow filmmakers.
Besides the main screening, we will host an opening night workshop the day before the festival, where everyone can exchange ideas and share their knowledge on the arts of filmmaking. To celebrate the start of the festival we will invite young musicians for a live concert, where everyone is welcome to join. Before the screening we will welcome you with an aperitivo and we will close the night with a networking after party.
We accept films of all genres and lengths.
Films nominated for an award are part of the Official Selection, and will receive Official Selection laurels upon request. Our team of judges will select the best films of the Official Selection to be screened at the festival.
After the screening there will be a short award ceremony, where we will announce the winners of the awards.
- All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles
- Films eligible part of the Official Selection will be notified before the notification date and will receive nominations for awards in 1 or more of their submitted categories
- Submitted films must not be older than 3 years (2015)
- By submitting your work to this festival, you give permission for us to screen the film at our official venue and to use your posters/trailers/marketing materials for the promotion of the festival
- Fees are non-refundable
- The festival is not responsible for the content of the submissions or copyright infringements