Welcome to our 5TH ANNUAL live edition of the Ravenheart International Film Festival (RIFF), held in the heart of Oslo, Norway!
The growth of RIFF has been exciting and mind-blowing every year. Listed on FilmFreeway's top 100 best-reviewed film festivals in the world for the past three years. RIFF is held annually in the heart of Oslo, Norway. Our goal is to connect all filmmakers, domestic and foreign, through the universal language of film. Celebrating all styles of cinema but particularly spotlighting TRUE fantastic cinema. RIFF is an event where all filmmakers, film lovers, fans of the art of film, and all creatives can come together to share their experiences and passion for cinema.
RIFF submissions are open to all types of genre films. We are looking to showcase the best in genre film. Guest speakers, Q&As, booths, and networking opportunities will all be held at the live event. We also invite aspiring filmmakers and students to inspire one another and others to become better filmmakers.
Please, visit our website for more information and information and updates as we get closer to the event. (www.ravenheartfilmfestival.com)
So, if you love high-quality genre films and want to join the Northern Flock, send us your film, pack your bags, and FLOCK ON over to Norway!
• Festival Director's Choice
• Best Feature Film
• Best Short Film
• Best Horror Short Film
• Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy Short Film
• Best Dark Comedy
• Best Animation
• Best Student
• Best Documentary
• Best Micro-Short
• Best Music Video
• Best Director
• Best Actor
• Best Actress
• Best Cinematography
• Best Special Makeup FX
• Best Nordic Short Screenplay
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY SUBMISSION:
Films submitted must be completed AFTER January 1st, 2021. We will notify you no later than MAY 17th, 2023, if your film is officially selected. Please check to ensure that your email and contact information is correct and up to date on FilmFreeway. All submissions must be received no later than MAY 24th, 2023. All films that deliver their films after May 24th, 2023, will be considered for the following year's festival unless negotiated beforehand.
All entries officially selected by Ravenheart grant Ravenheart the right to use any footage from the screener. You also grant RIFF permission to screen your film at the event and use any material sent to us for Ravenheart's promotional purposes without constraints.
Physical Screeners such as DCP or BLU-RAY will not be returned (Unless further negotiated, don't send us your master copy). Screeners must arrive at least two weeks in advance of the event and should be postmarked well before the event's date.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
• All entry fees are non-refundable.
• RIFF WILL NOT pay any screening fees (Unless negotiated in advance).
• RIFF WILL NOT cover any travel expenses. (Unless further negotiated)
• RIFF WILL NOT cover any SUBTITLING or DCP expenses. Although, we do offer a DCP service at an additional cost. (Please, contact us for further information.)
• Any film NOT previously screened at Ravenheart International Film Festival is eligible for consideration.
• All student submissions must provide proof of your current studies or valid student ID on FilmFreeway. You must be currently studying or finished studying in the last year.
• Feature films must be fully completed, not "works in progress."
• Short film online screeners may be "works in progress," but only for submission purposes only. The film's final cut must be delivered by the final submission deadline, or it risks being disqualified from the festival.
• If any eligibility requirements are not met, we reserve the right to disqualify any submission from the event.
By submitting, you represent and warrant that you have full legal right and authority to submit the film/video project for consideration by RIFF and that all necessary consents, licensing, and approvals have been obtained legally and willingly. You agree to hold RIFF and its sponsors harmless in any matters about all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees and costs of the court). This may be incurred because of any claim involving copyright, trademark, consents, licenses, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the videos entered. You understand that your submission is in no way a guarantee of acceptance into RIFF. No one from RIFF or its sponsors has guaranteed your admission into the festival. Should your film be accepted, you grant RIFF the right to use any footage from the preview screener, all submitted publicity photos, and any other materials pertaining to this entry for RIFF's promotional non-commercial purposes without limitations.