Our event as of today will be hosted on the original intended dates. We are closely following the rules and regulations set by the government of Norway. We know already that they are opening cinemas in a limited capacity. Our hope is that cinemas are allowed to full capacity before our event. If any plans change for our live event, we will notify all selected filmmakers with new dates. Stay healthy, FLOCK ON, not off...
Ravenheart International Film Festival will be held at the renowned Cinemateket at Filmens Hus in Oslo, Norway. Here at RIFF, we aim to connect all filmmakers, domestic and foreign through the universal language of film. Celebrating all styles of cinema but particularly spotlighting genre films. RIFF is an event where all filmmakers, fans of the art of film, and all creatives can come together to share their experiences and love for cinema.
At Ravenheart, submissions are open to all types of genre films. We are looking to showcase the best in horror, sci-fi/fantasy, thrillers/suspense, dark comedy & animation. Guest speakers, Q&As, booths, and networking opportunities will all be held at the event. We also invite local aspiring filmmakers/students to inspire one another and others into becoming better filmmakers.
So, if you love high-quality genre films and anything out of the norm, then you can't miss this festival!
Thank you for your interest in our 3RD ANNUAL live event taking place in Oslo, Norway, in August 2021.
The 2021 film competition is open to all features & short films from around the world. Ravenheart International Film Festival seeks out high-quality original films in the following genres.
- Horror, Supernatural
- Sci-Fi & Fantasy/Dark Fantasy
- Animation (connected to genre)
- Thriller, Suspense, Crime, Action,
- Dark Comedy
- Music Video (connected to genre)
- Documentary (connected to genre)
- Student Films (connected to genre)
- Occult, Bizarre, Genre-defying, Experimental (connected to genre)
RAVENHEART TROPHY + One Final Draft 11 License:
Festival Director's Choice
Ravenheart Best of Fest Feature
Ravenheart Best of Fest Short
Best Horror Short Film
Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy Short Film
Best Dark Comedy
Best Music Video
Best Special Makeup FX
2021 DEADLINES & SCHEDULE:
*Submit early to save on your submission fees.*
Films are preferred to be completed AFTER January 2018, but films completed earlier will be considered for selection. We will contact you by June 18th, 2021, if your film is selected to be screened at RIFF. Please check to make sure that your contact information is correct. All submissions must be received no later than July 2nd, 2021.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR SCREENINGS:
IF SELECTED, these are the accepted formats for the screenings:
- DCP (We provide DCP mastering services. Contact us for more information.)
- ProRes (.MOV)
- H.264 (.MP4)
- 16MM / 35 MM / 70 MM
- HD Cam, DV, DigiBeta, and Beta SP.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND PHYSICAL DCPS or BLU-RAY, WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHERE TO SEND THEM ONCE SELECTED.
Physical Screeners such as DCP or BLU-RAY will not be returned (Unless further negotiated, don't send us your master copy). Screeners must arrive at least two weeks in advance of the event and should be postmarked well before the event's date.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
• All entry fees are non-refundable.
• RIFF WILL NOT pay any screening fees (Unless negotiated in advance).
• RIFF WILL NOT cover any travel expenses. (Unless further negotiated)
• RIFF WILL NOT cover any SUBTITLING or DCP expenses. Although, we do offer a DCP service at an additional cost. (Please, contact us for further information.)
• Any film NOT previously screened at Ravenheart International Film Festival or in Oslo, Norway in the past two years are eligible for consideration.
• By submitting and if selected, you give RIFF permission to screen your film at the event along with use material from the film for RIFF promotional purposes (such as a festival trailer, photos, press pack, events, social media, etc.
• If selected, a short synopsis of the film, trailers, posters, and promotional photos will be requested.
• ALL STUDENT SUBMISSIONS MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF YOUR CURRENT STUDIES WITH A VALID FROM/VALID TO DATE. YOU MUST BE CURRENTLY STUDYING OR FINISHED STUDYING IN THE LAST YEAR. Failure to follow these rules will result in disqualification.
• FEATURE FILMS MUST BE FULLY COMPLETED NOT "WORKS IN PROGRESS."
• SHORT FILM ONLINE SCREENERS MAY BE "WORKS IN PROGRESS" BUT ONLY FOR SUBMISSION PURPOSES ONLY. THE FINAL CUT OF THE FILM MUST BE DELIVERED BY THE FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE, OR ELSE IT WILL BE NOT BE SHOWN AT THE FESTIVAL.
• RIFF ONLY ACCEPTS SUBMISSIONS WITH ONLINE FILM SCREENERS. YOU CAN NOT SEND IN YOUR FILMS TO US IN THE MAIL (UNLESS SELECTED INTO THE FESTIVAL).
• If any eligibility requirements are not met, we reserve the right to disqualify any submission from the event.
* By submitting, you represent and warrant that you have full legal right and authority to submit the film/video project for consideration by RIFF and that all necessary consents, licensing, and approvals have been obtained legally and willingly. You agree to hold RIFF and its sponsors harmless in any matters about all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court). Which may be incurred because of any claim involving copyright, trademark, consents, licenses, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. You understand that your submission is in no way a guarantee of acceptance into RIFF. No one from RIFF or its sponsors has guaranteed your admission into the festival. Should your film be accepted, you grant RIFF the right to use any footage from the preview screener, and all submitted publicity photos and any other materials pertaining to this entry for RIFF's promotional non-commercial purposes, without limitations. *