The Hollywood Boulevard Film Festival is serving the filmmaking community from all over the world to push forward their films in the right direction. We support new and student filmmakers who are just beginning their careers with a supportive and enthusiastic audience for their creative efforts. We are a team of highly qualified and experienced professionals who are committed to choosing high-quality films which are meant to be explored through the eye of an expert.
The Hollywood Boulevard Film Festival is running a monthly online festival this year and all monthly winners will be screening at the annual event on Dec 9-10, 2023.
Our contribution is to provide brave and talented independent filmmakers based in anywhere in the world to the realm of exposure, opportunity, and distribution. For those who demonstrate mastery in the craft of filmmaking, we salute them.
The objective of the Film Festival is to provide support to independent filmmakers through reviewing, judging, marketing, and distribution networking. It is our goal to help filmmakers to overcome any other obstacles which potentially hinder the artist’s ability to create.
How does it work:
We accept all genres of films across the globe. All the films will go through a review process by our highly qualified and experienced jury who will go through a comprehensive evaluation process and select only high-quality films. The process involves these stages:
+ Reviewing submitted films for an Official Selection
+ If a film is not officially "Selected" it will then be be marked "Not Accepted"
+ Only Official Selection are screened at the Annual Festival
+ Winners are notified on the Notification Date
We believe in providing excellent customer service to filmmakers. We offer regular discounts on various occasions to filmmakers to help them save money. We are happy to help you at any stage from submission to the announcement of winners at the Annual Event. We will try to be in touch with you within 48 hours to resolve any queries related to your film or submission. We are very excited to review your film and observe the detailed creativity of your work!
Things to know before submitting:
Submission of your film to The Hollywood Boulevard Film Festival confirms that the festival has the permission to exhibit your film(s) during the festival and /or at any other Festival event. Submission of a work implies that the Festival can employ moving image excerpts and reproduce stills of exhibition promotion. Credit will be given to any filmmaker or screenwriter if such material is used in Festival promotion. Original copyright holder retains all rights to their work.
Q: How long is a short/feature film?
A: Films under 40 minutes are considered short films & over are features.
Q: How are the films selected for the festival?
A: Films submitted to the festival are reviewed by our selection team, which evaluates each film, looking for the best thematic and well-produced films.
Q: When do you accept submissions?
A: We are accepting submissions year round with monthly deadlines. Please read our submission guidelines carefully before submitting.
Q: Can I get my submission waived off?
A: The answer is No, as we try to keep reasonable fees for all submissions and offer regular discounts to students and new filmmakers.
Q: Can I submit more than one film?
A: Yes, you can submit more than one film and you can also submit the same film in different categories with additional fees.
1) We will have the Live Screening and Award Ceremony held on Dec 10, 2023.
2) The number of awards given out every month varies on the basis of the submission we receive.
4) Each winner will be contacted on the Notification Date
5) Each film has to be submitted to at least one genre, then they qualify for additional categories.
6) Films submitted into the review and rating category will receive their review and rating at the end of each month.
You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements.
1. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles.
2. Short Film Entries should not exceed 40 minutes in duration excluding titles provided the titles don’t last for more than 2 extra minutes.
3. Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
4. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the THBFF Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential. All films received, which meet our criteria, will be screened at the festival in our Distributed Cinemas.
5. In the event of a film being withdrawn, THBFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered. Refunds in any capacity will not be given.
6. THBFF will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to the submission. For more information and queries, contact us.
7. One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into multiple categories, but each category requires a separate entry fee.
8. Student Filmmakers are encouraged to apply with their student identity in order to prevail occasional discounts.