Press Release 26th March 2020
At this time of global health crisis, our thoughts go to the victims of the COVID-19 and we express our solidarity with all of those who are fighting the disease.
Due to the Coronavirus crisis the European Film Academy and its partner network sadly have to cancel all theatre jury screenings planned in 40 countries across Europe and beyond. While nothing compares to the experience of watching a film in a theatre in a group of other film-lovers, in times like these the most important thing is to stop the virus from continuing to spread at high speed.
A festival lives from intercultural exchange, from personal encounters on site. This aspect is irreplaceable for the edition 2020.So we carry out online.
With the online festival we want to send a signal that culture is an important aspect of our social exchange and cohesion and that it must continue to take place, even if in a different form.
In the meantime, our Festival lends its vocal support to all of those who firmly call on everyone to respect the general lockdown, and ask to show solidarity in these difficult times for the entire world.
We are all in this together
Anatomy Crime - Horror International Film Festival (A.C.H.I.F.F.) is an annual international event dedicated for independent filmmakers. Established 2017 by “THE BASEMENT” a nonprofit and non-governmental Cultural and Education Organization (B.C.E.O.).
Located in the city of Athens, we look forward to be hosting an amazing event with you and your friends. The A.C.H.I.F.F. is a multi-day event that takes place each Halloween (October 31st) at venues throughout Athens-Greece. The A.C.H.I.F.F. want to be a world recognized event, with industry, filmmakers, and press attention from around the globe. The festival is competitive, screening approximately over 110 films each year.
The film industry today is largely monopoly-based and dependent on large scale budgets for productions to succeed. However, this festival aims at providing a voice for those who don't have a massive budget at their hands but nevertheless, an important story to tell.
According to one of the objectives of our non-profit organization to providing a platform for indie filmmakers, we are able to provide an affordable solution catered to advance the cause of independent film-making.
ATTENTION: EVEN ENGLISH FILM WITHOUT SAME-LANGUAGE SUBTITLES OR HARD SUBTITLES BE DISQUALIFIED. ALL FILMS MUST HAVE ENGLISH SUBTITLES IN OPEN FORMAT WITH EXTENSION .SRT OR .TXT
1. Best Picture: all categories
2. Best Short Film: all categories
3. Best Director: all categories
4. Best Director Short Film: all categories
5. Best Cinematography: all categories
6. Best Screenplay: all categories
7. Best Actor: all categories
8. Best supporting Actor: all categories
9. Best Actress: all categories
10. Best supporting Actress: all categories
11. Best Original Score: all categories
12. Best Special Effects: all categories
13. Best Film Editing: all categories
14. Best Sound Design: all categories
15. Best Experimental Film: all categories
16. Best Documentary Film: all categories
17. Best Animated Film: all categories
18. Best Sci-Fi Film
19. Best Photo: all categories
20. Best Picture: (Crime)
21. Best Short Film: (Crime)
22. Best Director: (Crime)
23. Best Director Short Film: (Crime)
24. Best Cinematography: (Crime)
25. Best Screenplay: (Crime)
26. Best Actor: (Crime)
27. Best Actress: (Crime)
28. Best Picture: (Horror)
29. Best Short Film: (Horror)
30. Best Director: (Horror)
31. Best Director Short Film: (Horror)
32. Best Cinematography: (Horror)
33. Best Screenplay: (Horror)
34. Best Actor: (Horror)
35. Best Actress: (Horror)
36. People’s Choice Best Picture
37. People’s Choice Best Short Film
38. People’s Choice Best Actor
39. People’s Choice Best Actress
40. People’s Choice Best Photo
Rules & Terms
SCREENING and ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
The Anatomy Crime- Horror International Film Festival (A.C.H.I.F.F.) is an international film festival and accepts films and photos from around the globe.
The Anatomy Crime- Horror International Film Festival does NOT waive entry fees. In fairness to all filmmakers, we do not grant waivers. A.C.H.I.F.F. believes waiving entry fees hurts the integrity of the competition. The same rules and entry fees should apply to all applicants so no one film is favored over another. In a similar respect A.C.H.I.F.F. does NOT invite films to be in competition. ONLY films submitted will be considered for competition.
We understand the financial constraint of film-making and costs of submitting to Festivals and we still hope you can find it in your budget to submit your film. We want all the auteurs have equal opportunities. This is the reason that we start the entry fee from only 5 euro !!! . We want everyone can participate in our Festival. Lastly, we wish all you filmmakers and photographers good luck!
Premiere status will be one of the factors considered when determining a film's inclusion in the Anatomy Crime- Horror International Film Festival. At the very least, we require an Athens Premiere. But it would be even more advantageous to us and you if screening at A.C.H.I.F.F. is either a World, Europe or Greek Premiere. Film cannot have played VOD or been released on disc or other formats before our festival dates.
Submissions postmarked later than October 13rd will be automatically submitted to the following year. All filmmakers will be notified no later than October 13rd of each year of submission status. . Before submitting, we encourage filmmakers to research any and all film festivals they intend on submitting to. Film festival fees add up, so please do your homework before submitting to any event! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us.
All features must be 61-150 minutes. Shorts under 60 minutes . All the films and photos should not have been taken before October 31, 2014
You may submit multiple entries but each must be accompanied by its own submission form and entry fee. Entry fees are nonrefundable and must be in Euro. If eligibility requirements are not met, we reserve the right to disqualify any submission.
Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway and must be subtitled in English. ALL THE FILMS (EVEN AND THE ENGLISH) must be subtitled in English with soft subtitles. We prefer Closed or SDH captions with added information to help viewers who are deaf or hard of hearing to follow the dialog, or people who cannot understand the spoken dialogue or who have accent recognition problems. EVEN ENGLISH FILM WITHOUT SAME-LANGUAGE SUBTITLES OR HARD SUBTITLES BE DISQUALIFIED. ALL FILMS MUST HAVE ENGLISH SUBTITLES IN OPEN FORMAT WITH EXTENSION .SRT OR .TXT
Selected Films and Winners
1. A.C.H.I.F.F. has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
2. A.C.H.I.F.F. explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by A.C.H.I.F.F. or by its volunteers.
3. Winners will be announced after October 13, 2020. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence pertaining to the selection process and decision will be entertained. If your film is selected, you will be notified via email by or after October13, 2020. Please check your contact information.
4. Filmmakers must deliver final format for festival screenings from October 13rd until October 25th to our Address: 16 Solonos str, P.O. 17341, Agios Dimitrios, Athens, Greece clearly labeled with name of festival, name of film and director, run time, date & time film will screen. NO EXCEPTIONS!
5. FILM WITH HARDSUBTITLES NOT ACCEPTED FOR EXHIBITION. Screening requirements for films selected for exhibition are Blu-ray or DVD for short films, back up Blu-ray or DVD, short synopsis of film. We prefer 1920 x 1080 and above analysis, in Mp4, .avi, mov or mpeg format and stereo or 7.1., 5.1. surround sound audio systems. Minimum requirements are 1280x720 and Stereo sound audio systems in any aspect ratio. Trailers and posters, photos (if available). MUST BE NOT HARD subtitles but only English Subtitles in format .srt file. IF you have hard subtitles it is impossible for us to put over your movie the Greek subtitles for exhibition.
6. Photo Contest
Who may enter :
The Photograph Contest of Anatomy Crime – Horror International Film Festival are open to photographers who are 18 years old or older. Individuals affiliated with the ACHIFF or “THE BASEMENT” a nonprofit and non-governable Cultural and Education Organization (B.C.E.O.), including employees, emeriti, trustees, interns, volunteers, fellows, research associates and their immediate families (children, siblings and spouses), and employees of any Sponsor, its parent or affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children), and others living in their households are not eligible for any prize. The ACHIFF will determine winners’ eligibility in its sole discretion.
Sponsors: “THE BASEMENT” a nonprofit and non-governable Cultural and Education Organization (B.C.E.O.)
What to enter:
The following six contest categories are drawn from subjects of special interest to ACHIFF:
1. Natural World: Animals, plants and landscapes; geological or climatological features; for example Forest, Mountain, River, sea, cave etc concerning Horror, Crime or Science Fiction
2. Travel: Locales, peoples or activities in the Europe and abroad that convey a sense of place. Also concerning Horror, Crime or Science Fiction
3. People: Portraits and photos of groups or individuals, concerning Horror, Crime or Science Fiction
4. The Anatomy Experience: Events, objects or activities connecting the Anatomy Film Fest and can be used as a logo, advertising or decoration posters, promotion material in social media etc. It’s not allowed to participate photos from real Anatomy, Morgues, Crime Scenes, and Bodies etc
5. Altered Images: Photographs manipulated for artistic purposes by applying digital and/or traditional special effects (i.e., colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites, HDR, etc.) Horror, Crime or Science Fiction
6. Mobile: Any photograph taken with a mobile device (phone or tablet) Horror, Crime or Science Fiction
7. Fear: Everything scares you personally own .It may frighten you in the past but still scares you even today. To object of phobic reactions therefore is directly related to the human survival instinct and those characteristics that have always been a sign threat to the survival of such heights, animals move and maneuver quickly, appearing suddenly having strange face, dark, open and non-sheltered areas, the sight of blood. Visualize it in your camera and do not mix with phobias. Good luck
Cropped photos are eligible in all categories. We do not accept digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos, except for those entered in the Altered Images category. Minor adjustments, including spotting, dodging and burning, sharpening, contrast and slight color adjustment or the digital equivalents, are acceptable for all categories. If the judges determine that a photographer has altered his or her photo, they reserve the right to move the photo to Altered Images or to disqualify it.
For a photo in which a person is recognizable, you must secure a model release from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian and provide it to the ACHIFF upon request. See the example:
ANATOMY CRIME HORROR INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
I understand that I appear in a photograph or photographs taken by
_____________________________, and I give ____________________________ permission to use my name and that photographic likeness in his or her entry ACHIFF 2018 Photo Contest. I also hereby give the Anatomy Film Fest (and those authorized by the ACHIFF) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of that entry (including my name and photographic likeness), in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any ACHIFF or “THE BASEMENT” a nonprofit and non-governable Cultural and Education Organization (B.C.E.O.) purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the magazine and its website, exhibition, and commercial products, including but not limited to ACHIFF or (B.C.E.O.) publications. I understand that I shall not receive any compensation for these uses and that the ACHIFF or (B.C.E.O.) is under no obligation to use the entry in any way. I waive any claim or right of action arising out of the uses described in this release.
If Model is under 18: I, _______________________________, am the parent/legal guardian of the individual named above, I have read this release and approve of its terms.
Similarly, entrants whose photos depict other people’s work (such as sculptures, statues, paintings, and other copyrightable works) may be need to obtain a release from the rights holder and provide it to the ACHIFF upon request. When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person's creation. See the example:
ANATOMY CRIME HORROR INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
I, the undersigned, own the rights in the ___________________________ (the "Work") that is depicted in a photograph or photographs taken by ________________________.
I give _______________________ permission to use my Work in his or her entry to ACHIFF 2019 Photo Contest. I give the Anatomy Film Fest (and those authorized by the ACHIFF) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, nonexclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of that entry, including the depiction of my Work, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any ACHIFF or “THE BASEMENT” a nonprofit and non-governable Cultural and Education Organization (B.C.E.O.) purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the magazine and its website, exhibition, and commercial products, including but not limited to ACHIFF or (B.C.E.O.) publications. I understand that I shall not receive any compensation for these uses and that the ACHIFF or (B.C.E.O.) is under no obligation to use the entry in any way. I waive any claim or right of action arising out of the uses authorized in this release.
Photographs that have won other major photo contests, either online or in print, as determined by the ACHIFF, are not eligible for submission. If a photograph wins another major photo contest post submission, it is not eligible for a prize. We define winning as having won a grand prize or 1st, 2nd or 3rd place overall. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person's rights, including but not limited to copyright, are not eligible.
Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by the ACHIFF in its sole discretion, are ineligible for all categories of this contest.
How to enter:
Please submit photographs and requested information online through our e-mail at : email@example.com , may submit no more than ten (10) photographs per category.. In order to be displayed in our online gallery without being stretched or distorted, photographs must be submitted in .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format, edited for web, at least 2,000 pixels wide and no larger than 10 MB. You must complete a separate form for each photo submitted.
We do not accept photographs submitted through the mail and do not accept more than one contestant per e-mail address. High-quality scans of non-digital photographs are acceptable. Digital photographs should be taken at the highest resolution possible.
Finalists will be asked to submit an original, unedited digital file or an original negative, print or slide. Original negatives, prints or slides will be returned to finalists.
The ACHIFF reserves the right to disqualify incomplete entries and/or contestants who are unable to submit, upon request, a high-resolution photograph of at least 300 dpi at 3,000 pixels on the longest side or an original photo negative, print or slide. Mobile photographs must be submitted, upon request, at their highest resolution.
The ACHIFF may collect a photograph’s metadata upon entry.
You retain your rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest, you grant the ACHIFF (and those authorized by the ACHIFF) a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any ACHIFF or B.C.E.O. purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of the magazine and its website, exhibition, and commercial products, including but not limited to ACHIFF or B.C.E.O. publications. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The ACHIFF or B.C.E.O. will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
All entries must be received through firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on October 13, 2019.
Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, responsiveness to the prompt and overall impact, except that the Followers Choice award will be determined based on which of the finalists receives the most votes.
Judging will be conducted by professional photographers and founding members of ACHIFF or B.C.E.O. The ACHIFF will select 10 finalists per category, a winner for each category .Winning photographs will be announced on ACHIFF site. The 10 finalists will be notified of their status by October 13, 2019 and will appear on our website in until December 2018.
The ACHIFF will notify the winner via the contact information provided at the time of entry; the ACHIFF may disqualify anyone who fails to respond to the notification within five business days.
Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
7. If winners receiving cash prizes are solely responsible for payment of all applicable local and state taxes. If winners receiving other trophies or awards and don’t physical attend the festival must be pay for post expenses. Certificates can sent electronically via e-mail, without any cost.
RETURNS & ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:
Blue-Rays, DVDs, Photos and press materials will not be returned under any circumstances. Include a letter with your e-mail address if you wish electronically acknowledgment of the receipt of your entry.
I/We have read all of the rules & regulations, understand, and have complied with these rules.
I/We warrant the submission of my/our original work and that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission.
I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead. I/We indemnify the A.C.H.I.F.F. against any claim made for such violations of law.
To the best of my/our knowledge, all the statements herein are true and correct.
I/We understand that failure to adhere to the competition rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
I/We acknowledge that once an entry payment has been processed, A.C.H.I.F.F. will not provide a refund
I/We agree that the A.C.H.I.F.F. and the parent non-profit and non-governmental cultural and educational organization (B.C.E.O.) retain the right but not the obligation to proceed with the issuance and sale of limited collections or single dvd's versions or blue ray's (from 5-1000 copies each) which contain the participants films in the film festival without the prior permission of authors, producers and other actors, who with their submission in the festival, fully accept these without any objection and demand for compensation. Any profits from these activities will be available exclusively for the coverage of functional needs and costs of the festival and the non-profit cultural and educational organization and coverage of educational and charitable purpose of the organization. Also, copies of submitting in the film festival will be available in any digital format, the library of the non-profit cultural and educational organization for the educational needs of its members and their cinema club. No revisions will be accepted once entry has been received.
I/We understand that failure to adhere to the Festival rules will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
I/We agree to hold the Anatomy Crime- Horror International Film Festival (A.C.H.I.F.F.) and the parent non-profit and non-governmental cultural and educational organization (B.C.E.O.) harmless from and defend them against all claims, demands, losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any film submitted to the Festival. I/we understand that the festival projection format may change and I will be notified of the required format once my film is accepted.
To the best of my/our knowledge, all of the statements herein are true and correct.