The Chicago Festival of Bosnian & Herzegovinian Film showcases short, feature, and animated work from filmmakers in Bosnia & Herzegovinia and the international Bosnian diaspora as well as foreign work that deals with Bosnian subject matter. Our festival aims at bringing the community together with artists to discuss the contemporary Bosnian conscience reflected in moving pictures. International movie buffs love us for our commitment to bringing in emerging as well as established filmmakers from such an exclusive region of the world.
Best of Fest award juried by an established group of filmmakers and subject matter experts.
1. All filmmakers submitting a film to the Chicago Festival of Bosnian & Herzegovinian Film (hereafter known as ‘CFBiHF’, ‘We’, ‘Us” and ‘Our”), accept and agree to comply with the following Terms and Conditions
2. CFBiHF only accepts online registrations and submissions to be assessed. We accept films in any language. However, films not made in English must have English subtitles.
3. The person submitting a film to CFBiHF is ‘You’ or ‘Your’ and You agree that Your film may be screened at CFBiHF if it is selected.
4. We only accept films that have a tie to Bosnia & Herzegovinia (i.e. crew, cast, or subject matter).
5. All submissions are free.
6. How to Submit
– Complete Your online submission form at chicagobhfilm.org/submit-your-film
– You will receive confirmation of Your successful submission
– Films must be submitted via an online screener.
Filmmakers submitting must also supply:
– Production credits and contact details
– 1 photo for promotional purposes, no smaller than 1024 x 576 pixels
– A 50-word synopsis of the film
– A short trailer of the film (Optional)
7. All films will be accepted and assessed with the view to screening them at CFBiHF. If Your entry is selected as part of the Official Selection for CFBiHF, You must provide a high resolution digital copy of the film (at least 1080p) in order for it to be screened.
8. Cinema screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of CFBiHF. We undertake to make every effort to adhere to the published schedule program, however, CFBiHF reserves the right to alter this schedule and venue at any time for any reason. CFBiHF does not accept any liability for any costs claimed to arise as a result of a change in the scheduling.
9. The Best of Fest Award will be presented during the CFBiHF, at the discretion of the organizers and the Jury Panel. The recipient of the award will be listed on Our website and Facebook page.
10. By submitting a film, You grant us the right to screen Your film, copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use Your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by You to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote CFBiHF, events, its products and services, or all, and to showcase Your film.
11. You own the copyright to Your film as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of CFBiHF and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use Your film and You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
12. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to CFBiHF and its curation and all related events.
13. You indemnify and hold harmless CFBiHF from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.
For further information contact the Chicago Festival of Bosnian & Herzegovnian Film: firstname.lastname@example.org