Big Apple Film Festival is taking our event on the road for our National Screening Series! On March 2, BAFF will celebrate of the work of FLORIDA BASED FILMMAKERS AND SCREENWRITERS at Savor Cinema in Fort Lauderdale.
For this event, Big Apple Film Festival(named one of MovieMaker Magazine's top "25 Film Festivals Worth The Entry Fee" and top "25 Coolest Film Festivals"), is dedicated to showcasing, highlighting and promoting the highest quality films from Florida's independent film community.
ALUMNI FILMS include Academy Award and Golden Globe nominees, SAG Award winners and nominees, as well as films released by HBO, Showtime, IFC, Netflix, Amazon, Itunes and More...
PREVIOUS HONORARY GUESTS AND AWARD RECIPIENTS
Jesse Eisenberg, Cuba Gooding Jr., Morgan Spurlock, Alan Cumming, Jackie Martling (The Howard Stern Show), Jerry Stiller, Karen Allen, Olympia Dukakis, Kevin Corrigan, Katherine Waterston, Ernie Hudson, Mario Cantone, Elias Koteas, Zoe Lister Jones
BIG APPLE FILM FESTIVAL HAS BEEN FEATURED IN:
The New York Times
MovieMaker Magazine (Top 25 Coolest Film Festivals and Top 25 Festivals Worth The Entry Fee)
CBS News (Top 5 Eating and Drinking Events in New York)
The Hollywood Reporter
Selected films will be invited to screen at Savor Cinema in Fort Lauderdale.
For our screenplay competition, 10 winning scripts receive the opportunity to pitch their script to production companies, agents and other industry representatives through Virtual PitchFest, including NBC Universal, Warner Bros., UTA, The Gersh Agency, and many more.
1. Feature films, short films, web series/TV pilots and screenplays must be created by Florida based filmmakers and/or screenwriters.
2. Feature films must be over 60 minutes.
3. Short films must be under 60 minutes.
4. Web series/TV Pilot episodes must be under 60 minutes
5. Feature screenplays must be over 60 pages
6. Short screenplays must be under 60 pages.
7.Feature film and short film submissions may not currently have distribution
8. Screenplay submissions can not have been purchased or optioned at the time of entry.
9. Screenplays may not be altered or revised in any way once entry is complete.
10. Submission fees are non-refundable