ROSHD International film festival is one of oldest film festivals in the Middle East Asia which dates back to pre-revolution era in Iran. Regarding the intimate atmosphere created during the event among academics, filmmakers and educational administrators, Roshd international film festival creates an ideal opportunity for participants to not only make their works be seen but also share and exchange their thoughts and ideas with each other.
A Golden Statue and a cash prize will be granted to prominent works in following sections:
Best Fiction Feature
Best Short Film
Best Scientific and Educational Documentary
Best Film Made By Teachers
Best Kids For Kids Film
Research and Educational Planning Organization of Education Ministry of Islamic Republic of Iran organizes:
ROSHD International Scientific and Educational Film Festival,
The oldest festival in the Middle East & one of the oldest in Asia
49th ROSHD INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC AND EDUCATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
16 to 23 November 2019, Tehran, Iran
Rules and Regulations
1. The International Competition section of the festival will be held in 4 categories:
A: Documentaries, in general,
B: Scientific and educational documentaries,
C: Short and feature length fiction films,
D: Short and feature length animations. 2. An International panel, including 3 Iranian and foreign jurors will judge the films and grant awards to the selected films.
3. ONLY films produced after January 2016 are eligible for submission.
4. Films with scientific, educational and pedagogic contents are most welcomed in the festival.
5. There is no limitation of entries for individuals, organizations and institutes.
6. Each entry should be registered separately.
7. Films should be submitted on MP4 (H.264) and Full HD. Films that lack the technical standards of the festival will not be accepted.
8. All the entries should be submitted with burned-in English subtitles.
9. Once the film is accepted in the competition section and the copy has been reached the festival, it is not possible to withdraw it.
10. Submission through the website is regarded as full acceptance of all festival rules and regulations.
11. Entries will be screened in the Tehran, the main venue of the festival, as well as in some other cities.
12. Participants must submit via the FilmFreeway platform only.
13. Producers, distributors or any other subjects’ responsibility to guarantee that they are authorized to submit the films to 49th ROSHD Film Festival.
14. All films screened in the Festival will receive digital certificates of participation.
Deadline for submission The films must be submitted to the secretariat of the festival no later than September 21, 2019. The submission days won’t be extended.
In each section, three prizes will be awarded to the best works selected by the panel of jurors.
A: The Best Film: Gold Statue of the Festival, along with a cash prize.
B: Second Selected Film: Silver Statue of the Festival, along with a cash prize
C: Third Selected Film: Diploma of Honor, along with a cash prize D: In addition to the above mentioned awards, the panel of jurors could grant special awards (Golden Statue with a cash prize) to prominent works in each section.