A film festival run by filmmakers for filmmakers and movie fans in one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland, Wexford Town.
Now entering our 3rd year, the Wexford Film Festival invites submissions from filmmakers all over the world and in every genre. We're all about story and visual storytelling, our festival will select the films that tell the best stories and connect with the audience the best.
We'll be hosting several panels and workshops for filmmakers and we hope to have world class writers and directors in attendance. Directors of all films selected will be invited to participate in a Q&A after their screening and to be on a number of panels during the festival weekend.
Ireland is a great place to not just make films but to party after a festival and we will be hosting a number of festival parties like our opening night party and our awards night shindig.
Come along to one of the most beautiful parts of Ireland, where Saving Private Ryan and Brooklyn were filmed and don't forget to bring your movie with you!
We think it is very important to recognise great work, just being selected for our festival will be the mark of a great film but there is always a film or two that stands out from the crowd and we want to help shine a light on those films.
We have teamed up with RODE Microphones for the 2018 Wexford Film Festival, which means the winner of the BEST FILM award at the 2018 Wexford Film Festival will win 2 Rodelink Filmmaker Kits & one of Rode's brand new VideoMic Pro+ microphones!
On top of the RODE Microphones listed above, the winner of the BEST FILM award will also win a one year Red Giant Universe membership courtesy of RedGiant.com
We are also very happy to announce FilmConvert have become an official sponsor of the Wexford Film Festival 2018.
The winners of the BEST FILM & BEST DIRECTOR awards at the 2018 festival will each receive a license for the FilmConvert software.
FilmConvert is film emulation and grain software that works in the leading editing software packages to help you get beautiful, cinematic-looking results from your footage.
Find out more about FilmConvert at https://www.filmconvert.com
We are hard at work to provide more prizes for the 2018 festival so watch this space!
All films entered are eligible for the following awards:
We will also being running a Screenplay competition.
All award winners will be presented with a specially designed award trophy of the highest quality.
All films submitted to Wexford Film Festival are eligible for the above listed awards & prizes.
Wexford Film Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from Wexford Film Festival.
1. Entries must be submitted by the date of the Final Deadline.(i.e. Submission for Regular Deadline Submissions should be submitted by June 20th, 2018)
2. Entrants must submit an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration. NO DVD's, Blu-Rays or Computer Files will be accepted.
3. Entry forms and payment will not be processed without an accompanying digital ONLINE Preview Copy in the accepted format. Tell us everything you can about your film and why you are submitting it but at this stage we do not require a press pack.
4. All entries must be in English or subtitled, unless special arrangements have been made with the festival.
5. Please attach/write FilmFreeway Tracking ID on submission materials for tracking purposes.
6. There is NO exceptions to the festival regulations & fee waivers are NOT available.
7. By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in Wexford Film Festival 2018 trailers, publicity and promotions.
8. Wexford Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it has all pertinent legal clearances and is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Furthermore, once a film is submitted, approval is granted for festival screening whether it is accepted in other film festivals or not. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Wexford Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos screened or entered.
9. The decision of the festival Co-Directors will be final in all matters.
10. NO FEE WAIVERS!