The Valparaiso Amateur Film Festival is an event that celebrates and promotes amateur film production from around the world. This year, the festival is taking place for the first time and is especially focused on giving opportunities to self-taught filmmakers and low-budget projects, as it can be difficult for them to compete in the world of professional cinema. Participants can submit their short films, documentaries and other film works to be considered for inclusion in the festival's programming.
We are pleased to announce that all the short films selected for our festival will receive an electronic diploma. In addition, in each category the best short film will be determined, which will be awarded with a trophy (Right now we are designing and creating medals, using recycled materials.)
Best Feature Short Film
Best Short Documentary
Best Children Film/Animation
We hope you enjoy the experience of participating in our festival and we are excited to see your films. Good luck to you all!
1. Films must not be longer than 30 minutes.
2. Any film with a language different from Spanish must provide subtitles in English or Spanish in SRT format.
3. We are pleased to announce that each selected work will receive a diploma of honor in recognition of their outstanding achievement.
4. The organization assumes that the persons or groups that register the works have the exhibition rights of the same, as well as the authorization to collect the award in the case of collective authorship. In any case, the organization disclaims any responsibility that may arise from the infringement of this database
5. Participants are required to maintain communication with the festival organizers and stay informed about updates and notifications. The festival may request additional materials for films in specific cases. In the event that a participant does not respond or fails to provide the requested materials, the festival reserves the right to exclude the selected film from the program.
6. Registration Fee: There is a 15$US(Regular DeadLine) registration fee for each submission .All money received from registration will be used to cover costs involved with the organizing of the Valparaiso Amateur Film Festival.
7.Participants under 14 years in the Best Children Film/Animation category are free to pay the fee. The only condition is that the work must be carried out by a child/children under 14 years of age.
8. PLEASE NOTE: The registration fee is non-refundable and, it doesn´t guarantee the selection of the film.
9. We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through email and our online platforms.
10. The festival does not provide participants with any financial rewards, compensation, or payment for the screening of their films or any other circumstances. Participation in the festival is voluntary, and participants are not entitled to any financial benefits from the festival, except for awards and prizes established by the festival organizers in specific categories.
11. We reserve the right to change or update festival rules
12. By submitting to us you agree to our terms and conditions and to receive marketing newsletters and discounts about film festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.