Shadow Casters is non-profit international artistic and production platform for interdisciplinary cooperation, creations and critical thinking of intermedia arts with a focus on their implementation in urban environments. Shadow Casters is a platform that casts international and interdisciplinary dialogue through its project of functional cultural exchange at national and international levels of artists and professionals who explore all existing concepts of an individual or collective identity.
The organization is based in Zagreb, Croatia. It was founded in 2002. by Boris Bakal and Željko Serdarević. Among first supporters of the organization by they professional participation are Katarina Pejović - dramaturge, Stanko Juzbašić - composer, Vanja Žanko - art manager and Srećko Horvat - philosopher. Many more authors, artists, designers and architects participated in over 150 projects trough Shadow Casters.
Organization mission is to encourage public debate on nature and discrepancies of ongoing globalizations processes focusing societal, political and cultural subjects which point out important challenges of every society.
Frooom is interdisciplinary film school for children and teenagers (founded 2011.)
Our education method insists on interactive learning, empowering children and teenagers to understand media content from any possible point of view and guiding them through it with playfulness and fun. Frooom is focusing on intercultural exchange and fostering children's understanding of human rights and others.
We forensically trace the evidence of all historical attempts to create film and moving pictures in the last 3000 years! Also, we analyse new and old media content using everything which preceded a film as we know it today to introduce children to nature of the film: from Chinese Zoetropes, French Praxinoscopes, Mannerist optical experiments, experimental animation of still photography and Camera Obscura to computer software, advanced video, filming with drones, 3D mapping and other goods digital technology has brought to us.
The mission of the project is ti stimulate critical approach of children and teenagers towards media contents and foster intercultural exchange to empower understanding of local cultural and media knowledge. Our cultural exchange between artist, authors, cultural operators and policy makers as well between larger targeted audience focuses on Mediterranean basin and Balkan region.
Objectives of our educational project are:
- Creative structuring of children's and teenagers time, especially of the ones who show strong interest in film and media creation and gifted children.
- Encouraging young people to create and understand creative processes and possible impacts of culture as positive society processes.
- Creating the creative base of new generations of Croatia by creating a quality educational, entertaining program in Croatia during the school holidays.
- Promotion of film and literature culture among young people, creation of a link between heritage, urban culture and educational processes.
- Implementation of the intercultural integration of foreign children and young refugee asylum seekers in Croatia through a special process of education that includes language and professional assistance and understanding of differences.