International Film Festival Manhattan (IFFM), now on it's 10th Milestone Year, offers a quality selection of world-class films that will be showcased in a theater in Manhattan New York City, USA. Our programming encompasses all different genres of diverse program. Narrative features, documentaries, shorts and student films from all over the world. We also have a focus on social relevance as part of our programming and our goals.
We are visionaries who believe in the possibilities of New York, the greatest city in the world. We have seen how film, as a powerful medium can make a direct impact on lives or facilitate change. We also have seen the unique diversity of New York's culture and its people. The city's appreciation for film and ability to make things happen. Our vision is to help merge the two, creating an opportunity for filmmakers and artist to showcase their works in New York. Support will be given to all filmmakers to help find their audiences.
IFFM is committed in showcasing entertaining and diverse films in all genres and scope to equal the diversity of New York. It is also committed in exploring all opportunities to promote the artists, his work, his vision, and his cause if he has any, during the showing of the films and the events during the festival.
We are a festival that gives importance to a full Question and Answer (Q&A) portion after each film screening. We believe that filmmakers who attend their screening should be heard and celebrated on stage. We also pride ourselves in having red carpet interview moments during the festival, IFFM is also known for it's full scale Black Tie Opening Night - Awards Night. We give out 15 or more trophies to major awardees during the year.
We will give more than 15 plaque awards or more each year including:
Best Narrative Feature USA, Best Narrative Feature Global, Best Documentary,
Best Short, Best Music Video, Best Cinematography, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Actor Short, Best Student Film, The Gerry Balasta Award for Best Advocacy, Most Popular Film in IFFM and many more.
1) All films must be not older than year 2014.
2) It is encouraged that films be in English or else, Non-English language films must have English subtitles.
3) IFFM New York will be screening at a theatre in NYC.
4) IFFM New York, does not require World Premiere, but appreciates if you notify us if you are either a World Premiere, International Premiere (your first premiere outside your country of origin), North American Premiere or New York Premiere.
5) Entry fees are in U.S. dollars, per film entry and are non-refundable.
Entries without entry fees will be disqualified. IFFM does not give fee waivers. Please refrain from emailing us about fee waivers. Thank you.
6) IFFM will be doing multiple screenings in 2020. Submitting filmmakers/individuals will be notified by e-mail and thru filmfreeway anytime in the year 2020.
7) Regarding shipping to IFFM New York, the submitting filmmaker will be responsible for the mailing/shipping cost of the work, both for the submitted cut for consideration screeners, and final screener copy for screening at the film festival.
IFFM also accepts screening copy - mp4 via filmfreeway, wetransfer, downloadable via vimeo or google drive.
If need be Ship entries to:
6911 Roosevelt Ave Woodside NY 11377
But we encourage your film entry be submitted here thru filmfreeway via vimeo.
8) Submit your entry in DVD format (NTSC Region 0 and 1 for US) or online screener (encouraged). Please mark the specific category submission outside your envelope, mailer or package. Inside, the DVD screener must be labeled with the contact info (name/phone/email), the work’s title, the name of the director, the running time. Please do not put sticker on the dvd. No need to send printed press kit. It wil be required after getting accepted.
9) All submitted entry materials will not be returned.
10) A filmmaker with multiple entries (titles) must submit each entry and entry fee on a separate DVD.
11) Regarding our IFFM Film Festival Director Awards, a committee will be selecting nominated films but the final awardees will eventually be selected by the International Film Festival Manhattan Film Festival Director. There will be an awards night where the awardees will be honored and IFFM Film Festival Director Award Plaques will be given out that night. All nominated films/filmmakers will be notified to attend the Awards Night. (Date and Venue: TBD)