NOTE: This year we are streaming our "Official Selections" online. We are accepting entries for films 30 minutes or less, produced in the U.S.
This is our 12th year, and our 20th film festival. To date we have shown over 600 films to our audience. We have traditionally presented our festival in a "live venue". However, due to COVID, we streamed our last festival online for the first time, and were extremely pleased with the response. Our filmmakers loved our presentation, and we had our biggest audience ever. This year, COVID is still here, so we are streaming the festival online once more, and look forward to another fantastic show.
Our festival is exclusively for short films that are 30 minutes or less, produced anywhere in the U.S. We accept documentaries, narratives such as comedy, horror or drama, web series pilots, animation, PSA's, commercials, and movie trailers. (but sorry, no music videos). We have a panel of five judges who grade each entry on a point system, scoring its technical merits, acting, script, and audience appeal. Equal and fair consideration is given to each entry regardless of where you live or the size of your budget. Films with solid stories and good audio have the best chance of being selected. Films with the highest scores become "Official Entries" and are included in our online streaming festival, which can be viewed FREE online for one week by all filmmakers and their guests.
Filmmakers who have "Official Entry" films will also be invited to send us a video introducing themselves, and their film.
Awards will be presented in various categories such as Best PSA, Best Documentary, Best Web Series, and so forth. Winners will receive a nice trophy by mail, as well as an electronic email certificate which can be printed at home for your entire cast and crew. We will also present a fun online "Award Show" announcing the winning films. All entries will be taken offline immediately after the festival.
Award certificates and trophies will be presented in numerous categories, such as "Best Web Series"; "Best PSA"; "Best Documentary"; "Best Animation"; "Best Short", and in many other categories. Winners will receive an "E-Certificate" via email, which can be printed at home for your entire cast and crew. Trophies will be delivered by the Post Office.
(1.)Your film must be no harsher than an "R" rating.
(2.) Films may have been produced any year.
(3.) We accept films from anywhere in the U.S.
(4.) No premiere requirements.
(5.) Project may have distribution and may currently be online.
(6.)Your preview and exhibition copies must be made available to us as a downloadable MP4, size not to exceed 2.5GB.
(7) If you are notified that your film is an "Official Selection", your downloadable MP4 exhibition copy less than 2.5GB must be made available to us no later than May 30, 2021 to be included in our show reels. If we cannot contact you, or have no way to download your MP4, we reserve the right to replace your film with another entry.
(8.) Press Kits are not required. We will use the information and stills from your online press kit.
(9) No film may be withdrawn from the festival after the Official Selections have been announced.
(10) We do not pay "screening fees".
(11) We reserve the right to modify the festival date(s) due to unforeseen technical issues.
(12) Maximum running time of any entry shall not exceed 30-minutes, including credits.
(13) We do not screen "Music Videos" or films produced outside of the US.
(14) Sorry, no fee waivers Please do not ask.
(15) No refunds of entry fees. Judges decisions are final.
(16) By submitting your film, you are granting us permission to stream your film ONLY for the festival, and it will be taken offline immediately after our festival. We will not otherwise copy, distribute, or upload your film in any fashion. You retain full ownership to your film.