We are accepting entries for films 15 minutes or less, produced anywhere in the U.S.
This is our 13th year, and our 22nd film festival. To date we have shown over 450 films to our audience. Our audience always watches FREE.
Due to COVID, our festival will be presented two different ways. We will have a small, intimate "live" show in Cocoa, Florida, AND, for those who cannot attend the festival in person, you can watch the festival FREE for a full week on our website. This will enable your cast, crew, friends, and relatives to see your work from the comfort (and safety) of your own home. If COVID rears its ugly head again this year, the "live" show will be cancelled, but we will still present our online show, with an audience bigger than ever.
Our festival is exclusively for short films that are 15 minutes or less, produced anywhere in the U.S. We accept Documentaries, Narratives, Web Series, Animation, PSA's, Commercials, and Movie Trailers. (but sorry, no music videos). We have a panel of five judges who grade each entry on a point system, scoring its technical merits, acting, script, and audience appeal. Equal and fair consideration is given to each entry regardless of where you live or the size of your budget. Films with solid stories and good audio have the best chance of being selected. Films with the highest scores become "Official Entries" and will be shown in our festival. For those who cannot attend the festival in person, the festival can be viewed on our website FREE for one week, anytime 24/7, by all filmmakers and their guests. Films will be removed from our servers immediately after the festival is over.
All filmmakers with "Official Entry" films will also be invited and encouraged to send us a video introducing themselves, and their film.
Award certificates will be presented in numerous categories, such as "Best Web Series"; "Best PSA"; "Best Documentary"; "Best Animation"; "Best Short" and so on. Winners will receive an E-certificate, which can be printed at home for your entire cast and crew, and of course all Official Selections and winners will receive festival laurels. "Nomination" and "Award Winner" designations will also be added to your IMDB page (if you have one). All entries will be taken offline immediately after the festival. We will not sell or exhibit your film in any fashion whatsoever other than for the festival itself. Of course you retain all rights to your film
(1.)Your film must be no harsher than an "R" rating.
(2.) Films may have been produced any year.
(3.) We accept films from anywhere in the U.S.
(4.) No premiere requirements.
(5.) Project may have distribution and may currently be online.
(6.)Your film must be made available to us as a downloadable MP4, size not to exceed 2.5GB.
(7) If you are notified that your film is an "Official Selection", your downloadable MP4 exhibition copy less than 2.5GB must be made available to us no later than Oct 24, 2022 to be included in our show reels. If we cannot contact you, or have no way to download your MP4, we reserve the right to replace your film with another entry.
(8.) Press Kits are not required. We will use the information and stills from your online press kit.
(9) No film may be withdrawn from the festival after the Official Selections have been announced.
(10) We do not pay "screening fees".
(11) We reserve the right to modify the festival date(s) or location due to unforeseen technical issues.
(12) Maximum running time of any entry shall not exceed 15-minutes, including credits.
(13) We do not screen "Music Videos" or films produced outside of the US.
(14) Sorry, no fee waivers Please do not ask.
(15) No refunds of entry fees. Judges decisions are final.
(16) By submitting your film, you are granting us permission to show your film one time to a live audience in Cocoa, and for a week in our online festival. In either case, you retain full ownership to your film. We will not sell or exhibit your film in any fashion other than the festival.