We are accepting entries for films 15 minutes or less, produced anywhere in the U.S.
Exciting news!!!....We will have a small, intimate "live", in person show at the Franklin T. DeGroodt Public Library in Palm Bay Florida this year. AND, for those of you who cannot attend, we will be streaming the festival online FREE for a full week. Our online show is terrific (see our reviews), and will enable your cast, crew, friends, and relatives to see your work from the comfort of home. (You can opt out of the online show if you wish).
This is our 13th year, and our 21st film festival. To date we have shown over 600 films to our audience.
Our festival is exclusively for short films that are 15 minutes or less, produced anywhere in the U.S. We accept Documentaries, Narratives, Web Series, Animation, PSA's, Commercials, and Movie Trailers. (but sorry, no music videos). We have a panel of five judges who grade each entry on a point system, scoring its technical merits, acting, script, and audience appeal. Equal and fair consideration is given to each entry regardless of where you live or the size of your budget. Films with solid stories and good audio have the best chance of being selected. Films with the highest scores become "Official Entries" and are shown to our "live" audience. AND, for those unable to attend the festival in person, we will also present the "Official Entries" online. (You will be given the opportunity to opt out of the online version if you wish). The online festival can be viewed FREE for one week by all filmmakers and their guests. Films will be taken down immediately after the week is up.
Filmmakers who have "Official Entry" films will also be invited to send us a video introducing themselves, and their film.
Awards will be presented in various categories such as Best PSA, Best Documentary, Best Web Series, and so forth. Winners will receive a nice trophy by mail, as well as an electronic email certificate which can be printed at home for your entire cast and crew. We will also present a fun online "Award Show" announcing the winning films. All entries will be taken offline immediately after the festival.
Award certificates and trophies will be presented in numerous categories, such as "Best Web Series"; "Best PSA"; "Best Documentary"; "Best Animation"; "Best Short", and in many other categories. First place winners will receive a trophy, and an "E-Certificate", which can be printed at home for your entire cast and crew.
(1.)Your film must be no harsher than an "R" rating.
(2.) Films may have been produced any year.
(3.) We accept films from anywhere in the U.S.
(4.) No premiere requirements.
(5.) Project may have distribution and may currently be online.
(6.)Your preview and exhibition copies must be made available to us as a downloadable MP4, size not to exceed 2.5GB.
(7) If you are notified that your film is an "Official Selection", your downloadable MP4 exhibition copy less than 2.5GB must be made available to us no later than Dec. 27th, 2021 to be included in our show reels. If we cannot contact you, or have no way to download your MP4, we reserve the right to replace your film with another entry.
(8.) Press Kits are not required. We will use the information and stills from your online press kit.
(9) No film may be withdrawn from the festival after the Official Selections have been announced.
(10) We do not pay "screening fees".
(11) We reserve the right to modify the festival date(s) or location due to unforeseen technical issues.
(12) Maximum running time of any entry shall not exceed 15-minutes, including credits.
(13) We do not screen "Music Videos" or films produced outside of the US.
(14) Sorry, no fee waivers Please do not ask.
(15) No refunds of entry fees. Judges decisions are final.
(16) By submitting your film, you are granting us permission to show your film one time to a live audience in Palm Bay. We will not include your film in our week long online festival without your permission. In either case, you retain full ownership to your film.