Izmit International Short Film Festival (IISFF) aims to establish a short film festival tradition where it can contribute to the artistic development of young people and where art lovers can enjoy short films made by amateur or professional short filmmakers.
IISFF also contributes to the reputation of Izmit in international platforms which is commonly known as an industrial city, by encouraging filmmakers with the various awards given in different categories and popularizing the short film industry. Apart from short film presentations, IISFF also holds panel discussions with academicians and globally known actors/directors every year on various topics to reach out to art lovers.
IISFF is organized by Art Nicomedia Culture and Art Association. We will be delighted to see the films of our valuable directors and producers at The 6th Izmit International Short Film Festival.
"The 6th Izmit International Short Film Festival" will be prize money awarded to each category winners which will be determined as a result of the main jury evaluation.
“The 6th Izmit International Short Film Festival” Prize Categories
• Fiction Short Film : Money Prize
• Documentary Short Film : Money Prize
• Animation Short Film : Money Prize
• Experimental Short Film : Money Prize
• Grand Prix - Best Short Film : Money Prize(Major Prize)
• The 6th IISFF Registration Deadline : August 29, 2023 - 23:59 (Turkey Time).
• Only films that apply online at the FilmFreeway portal will be accepted to the festival. Other submission ways such as Wetransfer, Google Drive etc. will not be accepted.
• Participants are required to upload the following additional materials required for the festival to be accepted on the https://filmfreeway.com/IzmitInternationalShortFilmFestival.
• Teaser (If available)
• Synopsis in English
• Stills From The Film (print quality 300 dpi)
• Film Poster
• Director's Biography and Photograph
• Short films which were shot after January 1, 2020 may participate in The 6th IISFF. Films made earlier than this date will not be accepted.
• There is no limitation for the number of film applications for directors. Each film can apply to only one category.
• Films that have previously participated in other competitions or festivals can apply to The 6th IISFF. Films that have been finalists or have won an award in previous IISFF’s cannot apply to The 6th IISFF.
• No fee waiver. Entry fees are non-refundable. Fee will not be reimbursed if the submitter decide to withdraw their submission.
• First degree relatives of pre-selection jury members, the main jury members or the festival team of IISFF cannot apply to The 6th IISFF.
• After Pre-Selection Jury evaluation, 5 finalist films will be determined in each category. Finalist films will be announced on September 07, 2023.
• Money prize will be awarded to each category winners which will be determined as a result of the main jury evaluation.
• Art Nicomedia Culture and Art Association which is the Festival Organizer have the right to use the photographs, visuals and trailers of the films. Art Nicomedia Culture and Art Association has right to use these photographs, visuals and trailers on the festival's official website, social media accounts, multimedia areas, festival catalogues, promotional flyers, posters and billboards.
• "The 6th Izmit International Short Film Festival" does not take any responsibility for the failure to upload the films to the web site at https://filmfreeway.com/ due to damage or loss during the installation.
• Art Nicomedia Culture and Art Association who is the organizer of "The 6th Izmit International Short Film Festival” has right to disqualify or change category the films that do not comply with the rules. Art Nicomedia Culture and Art Association has also right to combine a competition category with another competition category when necessary.
• All directors and producers who apply to “The 6th Izmit International Short Film Festival” are deemed to have accepted that the films they made are original. Participants are deemed to have accepted that their work is original and that there is no third party that holds the rights of the work submitted. All directors and producers who apply to the festival are deemed to have accepted all the rules and conditions stated unconditionally.
• Executive authority of “Izmit International Short Film Festival” belongs to Art Nicomedia Culture and Art Association. Any problems that may arise in the competition is under authority of Art Nicomedia Culture and Art Association.