John Donica is a cinematographer / director from Moldova. Currently based in Tokyo.
In 2012 graduated Academy of Music Theater and Fine Arts, speciality - film director and editor. Master degree. He works on documentary and fiction films, music videos, creative videos and other video productions.
His works have been selected to many international film festivals like: IDFA, Vision du Reel, Montenegro, Busan ISFF, Cronograf, DocuArtFest, East Silver and others.
- Nominated for the 2019 European Press Prize shortlist with ‘The Drums of Democracy‘
- "Moments of silence" - Best directing at DocuArtFest, Romania 2017.
- Winner at International Documentary Film Festival Moldova 2013 "Cronograf" with film "At the edge of the forest"
- Best Director at the MIFEC Film festival in Porto.
- 1st place at the photography contest "Beyond words" organized by the "Punkt" magazine 2009. - 2nd place at the photography contest "The historic center of Chisinau in the vision of young amateur photography" 2011
- Winner in the category "Fine Art Nude" at 1x Photo Awards 2011
- 1st place at LED photo contest, organized by LED (Liechtenstein Development Service) in Moldova 2012