Our festival is dedicated mainly to "old feature genre movies" but we have a selection of short movies that can be "old" or "new". Next to the festival, we also organized a small "cinema market" for goodies/books related to cinema.
Best International Short Award
Best European Short Award
Best Belgian Short Award
Audience Award - audience vote for the best short from all categories
Winners will have their short promoted on our partner Indie Clip platform ( https://indie-clips.com/ )
1. The objective of ARFF is to highlight future talents from genre cinema. The selection offers best of genre films: science fiction, horror, fantasy, thriller... Will be admitted for selection fictional or animated short movies that is strange or close to genre film.
2. The 4rd edition of ARFF will take place from the 26th to the 31th October in Namur (Belgium).
3. The deadline is Saturday 15 of July 2023
4. Selection will be announced Saturday 10th of September 2023.
5. Once submitted a movie cannot be removed.
6. The submission must be before Saturday 15 of July 2023. It must contain:
- Film title;
- Running time;
- Production end date;
- Director's name;
- Production company's name;
- Poster in HD;
- A synopsis in French or English;
- A minimum of two promotional images in HD;
- A link to the movie in HD password protected or not ;
7. Only movies of genre science-fiction, horror, thriller or fantasy will be selected.
8. No matter production date. Maximum running time is 25 minutes, including credits.
9. Movies must be in O.V. If the spoken language is other than French, then subtitles in French or English must be provided (even if the spoken language is English).
10. If the movie hasn't been screened in Belgium at the time of its submission and it is selected in another festival in Belgium between its submission and its selection. Please let us now.
11. If submitting more than one film, a separate completed entry is required for each title.
12. Movies enter in competition for Audience Award.
13. Selected movies must be sent DCP format before the 15th of October 2023 to avoid any cancellation.
We only accept unencrypted InterOp DCP in format:
- 2K-DCI : 1998x1080p ou 2048x858p .
14. The (go and return) transport of the films will be at the charge, risks and perils of the participants
15. The festival does not cover the expenses related to transport, accommodation or stay of the guests related to selected movies.
Nevertheless, the festival commits to offer a pass giving access to all screening to the director if he/she attends the festival.
16. The festival will not purchase any insurance for the loss, the theft or the damage of the selected films' copies, whether during their carriage, storage or screening.
17. The participants allow the ARFF to use screenshots for promotional purposes. They also allow the ARFF to reproduce a sample, not exceeding 2 minutes, that can be broadcast for promotional purposes on television or on the internet or that can be used to create a teaser.
18. The participation to the festival implies your commitment to the current rules. In case of conflict, only the French version of this regulation will count and only the Belgian Court of First Instance will be competent.
All submissions not respecting those terms will be rejected.