Our festival is dedicated mainly to "old feature genre movie" but we have a selection of short movies that can be "old" or "new". Next to the festival, we also organized a small "cinema market" for goodies/books related to cinema.
1. The objective of ARFF is to highlight future talents from genre cinema. The selection offers best of genre films: science fiction, horror, fantasy, thriller... Will be admitted for selection films that are fiction, animation, documentary, video clip or experimental that is strange or close to genre film.
2. The 3rd edition of ARFF will take place from Thursday 27th of October to Tuesday 1st of November in Namur (Belgium).
3. The deadline is Saturday 1st of October 2022.
4. Selection will be announced Saturday 7th of October 2022.
5. Once submitted a movie cannot be removed.
6. The submission must be before Saturday 1st of October. It must contain:
- Film title;
- Running time;
- Production end date;
- Director's name;
- Production company's name;
- Poster in HD;
- A synopsis in French or English;
- A minimum of two promotional images in HD;
- A link to the movie in HD protected or not by password;
7. Only movies of genre science-fiction, horror, thriller or fantasy will be selected.
8. No matter production date. Maximum running time is 25 minutes.
9. Movies must be in O.V. If the spoken language is other than French, then subtitles in French or English must be provided (even if the spoken language is English).
10. If the movie hasn't been screened in Belgium at the time of its submission and it is selected in another festival in Belgium between its submission and its selection. Please let us now.
11. If submitting more than one film, a separate completed entry is required for each title.
12. Movies enter in competition for Audience Award.
13. Selected movies must be sent in mp4 or mkv format in UHD before the 15th of October 2022 to avoid any cancellation.
14. The (go and return) transport of the films will be at the charge, risks and perils of the participants
15. The festival does not cover the expenses related to transport, accommodation or stay of the guests related to selected movies.
Nevertheless, the festival commits to offer a pass giving access to all screening to the director if he/she attends the festival.
16. The festival will not purchase any insurance for the loss, the theft or the damage of the selected films' copies, whether during their carriage, storage or screening.
17. The participants allow the ARFF to use screenshots for promotional purposes. They also allow the ARFF to reproduce a sample, not exceeding 2 minutes, that can be broadcast for promotional purposes on television or on the internet or that can be used to create a teaser.
18. The participation to the festival implies your commitment to the current rules. In case of conflict, only the French version of this regulation will count and only the Belgian Court of First Instance will be competent.
All submissions not respecting those terms will be rejected.
No subscription fees applied.