This unique new British Festival explores the future of purposeful film production and celebrates UK and Global filmmaking talent and creativity.
We are based in the heart of Soho in London and are all filmmakers ourselves.
Our vision is to bring communities and filmmakers together to create films that have a social impact and facilitate change. To empower people who have had their voices taken. By working with filmmakers and communities we can give people the opportunity to express and articulate their fears, hopes and aspirations. We are developing this to reach right out to the regional areas who are so often forgotten but too deserve to be heard. We want to support filmmakers through workshops and practical help leading to eventually having a film fund. Also for films that don't make it into the festival but that we see as having potential we will have umbrella screenings where the filmmakers can have their film screened and get advice and support from experienced and more established filmmakers so that we can nurture new talent from all backgrounds.
The London Soho Independent Film Festival presents an opportunity to be visionary and optimistic about the future of the arts and the role Television and Film can have in entertaining the public, challenging a culture of complacency and apathy that is damaging us and our planet. We want to provide a forum that entertains, promotes the industry and helps in the shaping of public dialogue about the most important issues humanity faces in the next 50 years. Ideally people will act when they see a film that enters our festival.
The days of passive consumption at the expense of people, the planet and communities we live in have to be over because the human race cannot sustain itself for much longer.
The exciting opportunity now lies in filmmakers abilities to explore what people love about life, their communities, country and planet. The things that we can all build on with joy and optimism.
Equally filmmakers can explore the issues that people are worried, angry, sad or frustrated about and visions that offer solutions. We want to encourage viewers to change and transform as individuals, local community and wider society. Think of the pebble in the pond and the ripples that go out!
Our festival is unique in that we want to actively encourage artists to listen in the communities they write about, actively engage the community(s) in the creation of the film and aim to leave a lasting and positive legacy in that community.
We will also link our work to Global Social and Environmental Impact Investors to develop opportunities to fund creative content, training opportunities and studio infrastructure.
The festival will run over 3 days with 3 screenings a day of 5 films. We will have social events each night for our filmmakers in vibrant Soho ending with an award night where we can all let our hair down together!
Best Music Score
Best of Genre
Best Student Film
Best Student Documentary
Best Music Video
Best Supporting Actor
First time film maker
Best Film Audience Award
Best Film Environmental Issues Award
Best Film Social Issues Award
1. All film submissions should be made digitally, not via DVD’s in the post. If you are unable/unwilling to use digital submission, please contact us and we’ll work something out.
2. If selected to be showcased during the event, all screening copies must be received by October 1st, 2020
3. All photos provided must be clearly identified. Photos may be used for any festival promotions.
4. Films which have been broadcast on Television, Cable or have had an international theatrical release prior to The SohoLIFF are NOT eligible for any competition but may be screened, out of competition.
5. Non-English language produced films must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
All entrants certify that they have been given full rights to use any and all music in their films.
6. Film Producers are responsible for insurance and shipment costs of films to SohoLIFF.
The title of the work and name of entrant must be on all mailing containers, labels, can reels and film leaders.
7. Filmmakers or screenwriters accepted and are attending the festival are responsible for travel, lodging, and all other expenses.
8. Filmmakers or screenwriters accepted into SohoLIFF will receive the following:
Two(2) festival passes per submitted film to see all the festival films FREE
Admittance for filmmakers to the events and workshops.
9. Film prints and other film material will be handled with utmost care. However, neither the SohoLIFF staff nor supporting staff can assume responsibility for damage or loss of the print and other film materials, en route or otherwise, during the course of the festival’s possession of the print.
10. All stated information, eligibility, awards and submission guidelines, terms and conditions of entry, and entry information is subject to change by the Soho London Independent Film Festival, without notice.