We are a Short Film Festival based in the heart of Soho in London's West End at the iconic 75 Dean Street. Your film will be screened in our fabulous cinema with surround sound.
The SohoLIFF has live screenings, panels and workshops over 4 days with the finale prize giving award ceremony on the Sunday evening. This is a red-carpet event, a chance to glam up and celebrate your films!
The panels we hold are with industry experts alongside masterclasses that are free to our filmmakers. We also promote our filmmakers with interviews in our tv studio, on social media and with our press partners.
We welcome all genres and have a particular interest in films with a social and environmental message, films that matter. We love films that could make a difference, that give a voice to those who have been marginalised. We simply love great films that are engaging, from the dark and gritty to the eccentric and flamboyant!!
Alongside the live event, we also stream the festival via a private video-on-demand platform only giving ticketed access to a global audience.
Throughout the year we have our series the SohoLIFF Spotlights which is where we provide advice and insights for filmmakers from our industry professionals, everything from finance to distribution.
Super excited that the most incredible prize for the winner of this year's Soho London independent film Festivals Audience Choice Award is on again!
The winner, voted for by the public, will get to see their name, and film, up in lights with promotion literally being spread from one big screen to another for 5 hours, displayed across Storm, Clear Channel’s huge digital billboards in prominent locations across the country…
It’s one hell of an exciting opportunity to maximise exposure for your film, in true blockbuster style.
This is all thanks to our wonderful Soho neighbours, ClearChannel, who have partnered with us to take the festival to the broadest possible audience across the UK, driving awareness of independent film and sharing stories that matter across the nation. A truly money-cannot-buy prize!
BEST SHORT SHORT
BEST EXPERIMENTAL FILM
BEST STUDENT FILM
BEST STUDENT DOC
BEST INTERNATIONAL FILM
BEST BRITISH FILM
BEST SOCIAL IMPACT FILM
BEST ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT FILM
BEST SMARTPHONE FILM
1. All film submissions should be made digitally, not via DVD’s in the post. If you are unable/unwilling to use digital submission, please contact us and we’ll work something out.
2. If selected to be showcased during the event, all screening copies must be received by October the 10th.
3. All photos provided must be clearly identified. Photos may be used for any festival promotions.
4. Films which have been broadcast on Television, Cable or have had an international theatrical release prior to The SohoLIFF are NOT eligible for any competition but may be screened, out of competition.
5. Non-English language produced films must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
All entrants certify that they have been given full rights to use any and all music in their films.
6. Film Producers are responsible for insurance and shipment costs of films to SohoLIFF.
The title of the work and name of entrant must be on all mailing containers, labels, can reels and film leaders.
7. Filmmakers or screenwriters accepted and are attending the festival are responsible for travel, lodging, and all other expenses.
8. Filmmakers or screenwriters accepted into SohoLIFF will receive the following:
Two (2) festival passes per submitted film to see all the festival films FREE
Admittance for filmmakers to the events and workshops.
9. Film prints and other film material will be handled with utmost care. However, neither the SohoLIFF staff nor supporting staff can assume responsibility for damage or loss of the print and other film materials, en route or otherwise, during the course of the festival’s possession of the print.
10. All stated information, eligibility, awards and submission guidelines, terms and conditions of entry, and entry information is subject to change by the Soho London Independent Film Festival, without notice.
11. Promotion - for selected films ONLY SohoLIFF reserves the right to utilise film submissions selected, their promotional material and any associated content to promote the films and our festival on the SohoLIFF website, digital platforms and outlets, partner's platforms, printed materials, social media, and any form of advertising we choose to use for the festival. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of images and video that you provide.
12.• Sales Agents & Filmmakers: Please do not submit to SohoLIFF if you require a fee for screening at our festival. As an independent film festival supporting filmmakers & independent cinema, it is not in our budget. The SohoLIFF does not pay to screen your film. When you submit to our festival you are agreeing to this. If you behave in an unreasonable manner, for example demanding money to screen your film after it has been selected resulting in you pulling the film out of the competition The SohoLIFF has the right to ask for compensation in the way of any expenses incurred for the promotion and time spent advertising and promoting your film. We are here to support our filmmakers and will not be bullied or harassed. Our staff work very hard to ensure everyone has a wonderful time and anyone looking to damage this, the festival or any of our filmmakers will be banned from this festival for life.