$16,000 in Cash Prizes. For screenwriters and/or directors who want to see their short film script produced and create a calling card to help them progress in the industry. New projects are funded each season. Previous winners have had their films screened at Tribeca, BFI London, and won a BAFTA... Alumni working on Netflix & BBC Shows.
The Shore Scripts Short Film Fund offers screenwriters and filmmakers an opportunity to have their short film scripts financed and produced.
Our Award-Winning Judges including former Fund Winners will decide this season’s Grand Prize Winner.
The Spring Season of the 2023 Short Film Fund will award production financing for a new short film.
● Grand Prize Winner - A Cash Grant of $15K and support from Shore Scripts to take your short screenplay into production.
● 2nd Place Prize - A Cash Prize of $1000 and feedback on their script from one of our esteemed Judges.
● Both Winners will win a call with Oscar-nominated producer MARIA GRACIA TURGEON where they can discuss their script and screenwriting career next steps.
● Top 5 Finalists – will receive feedback on their script from one of our esteemed Judges.
● Top 15 Finalists – will have the opportunity to have their scripts read by members of our Industry Roster and Directors.
The Short Film Fund was established to commission production projects from emerging screenwriters. As a new writer, getting a script produced is a transformative career milestone that can open new opportunities and help you pitch your stories to producers, managers, and agents.
The Fund accepts submissions from writers with scripts they wish to direct or have Shore Scripts attach a director and team to their script and take the project through into production. We also accept submissions from short film projects in production seeking finishing funds.
What’s more, ARRI Rental will provide free production equipment rental for the duration of production in any country in which they operate.
The Fund welcomes submissions from screenwriters and filmmakers from around the world. We accept short film scripts, web series pilots, animations, and proof-of-concept shorts for TV series and Features.
Screenplays must be in English; however, the production can be filmed in any country.
We can offer end-to-end support from script development to post-production and promotion.
We do not seek to obtain any rights over your script or the resulting film at any time. For those who take the funding, we ask for a production company credit and access to promotional material for the resulting short film to promote the project and fund in the future.
Our previous 17 funded short films have played at some of the top film festivals in the world, including Tribeca, BFI London, Austin, Cannes, Encounters, Palm Springs, and many others. Our writers have gone on to gain representation, sold screenplays, and been staffed on TV shows as a direct result of entering.
READ MORE ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THE SHORT FILM FUND: https://www.shorescripts.com/historyoftheshortfilmfund/
Plus, every writer who enters receives a FREE 18-page booklet on HOW TO GET YOUR SCREENPLAY PRODUCED.
- Grand Prize Winner - A Production Cash Grant of $15K and support from Shore Scripts to take your short screenplay into production.
- 2nd Place Prize - A Cash Prize of $1000 and feedback on their script from one of our esteemed Judges.
- Both Winners will have the opportunity to discuss their scripts and career next steps with Oscar-nominated producer MARIA GRACIA TURGEON and receive a Free Screenwriting Book of their choice from Michael Wiese Productions.
- PLUS, the Grand Prize Winner will receive a Free Online or In-Person All Access Badge to HollyShorts 2023.
- Top 5 Finalists – will receive feedback on their scripts from one of our esteemed Judges.
- Top 15 Finalists – With your permission, your script will be sent to our Judges, Directors, & specially chosen members of our Industry.
* Scripts must be within 2-30 pages
* Writers from all countries are welcome to enter. All scripts must be in English.
* The winning scripts can be produced in any country.
* We accept short film scripts, web-series pilots, animations, and proof-of-concept shorts for TV series and Features.
* In addition to unproduced scripts, we accept shorts that have already been or are in the process of being filmed and need additional Finishing Funds. For finishing fund entries, please enter via our website. Select the format, “In Production Film,” and along with your script, enter the URL & password to a password-protected copy of the project for which you are applying. The password will be used internally to assess your submission and will not be shared externally.
* All ages can enter.
* All genres are welcome.
* You may submit as many scripts as you wish.
* All screenplays submitted must be the writer's original work, or they own the copyright.
* If a writing team enters, then all the writers must consent.
* The filmmaking team will have the final call on cast, crew, and edit.
* To help the environment, Shore Scripts only accepts electronic entries.
* Each writer, or writing team, may not have earned more than $50,000 in screenwriting fees in the preceding 18 months. This clause is in place to help us support emerging talent. (Contest & Fellowship awards do not count toward this total).
* Shore Scripts staff and associates are unable to enter the fund.
* Resubmissions: You may enter a more recent draft of an already submitted script at any time before the final deadline. There is a small additional fee as the new draft will receive a guaranteed read in the first round. You may re-enter your script through the Resubmission page on our webpage. Alternatively, you can Update your script at any time via Coverfly. However, if your script has already been read, your new draft will only be read, if the original submission proceeds to the next round.
* Scripts must be submitted in PDF format.
* The winners consent to Shore Scripts using their name, script title, and any other relevant information for promotional purposes on their website. This will be used to inform other contestants and the media of the results and ongoing news about the project.
* If Shore Scripts helps a writer gain representation, option, sell or have his/her screenplay produced, then we are entitled to state this on our website and on any other platforms that we see fit.
* Shore Scripts will be able to promote the winning films in any way in which they see fit.
* If the writer wishes to direct his or her script, then it will be given serious consideration. A previous portfolio of work will help in making this decision.
* We are open to working with filmmakers known to the winners. We will also be open to co-productions and understand additional funding may be needed from outside sources.
* Shore Scripts will be one of the ‘Production Companies’ credited on the project. David Beazley will also be credited as ‘Executive Producer.’
* The budget will either go through Shore Scripts or be transferred to a producer or production company working with the filmmakers.
* The decision of Shore Scripts is final. By applying to this fund each participant agrees to hold Shore Scripts, our judges and sponsors immune from any competition disputes, claims, liabilities, and expenses.
* By entering Shore Scripts, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing, and/or transmitting your submission file(s).
* Shore Scripts are flexible as to the production dates of the winning projects. However, if said projects haven’t been filmed within 12 months of our winner’s announcement, Shore has the discretion to transfer the funds to another submitted project. If the project has been filmed but not completed within 18 months of our winner’s announcement, Shore has the discretion to take over and complete the project internally.
Please contact us at contact @ shorescripts.com if you have any questions. Thanks.
FOR ALL THE INFO: https://www.shorescripts.com/rules-faq/#sff-rules