$15,000 in Cash Grants. 2 Short Films are commissioned each season. Mentorship with an Oscar-nominated Producer. Winners screened at Tribeca, BFI London, won a BAFTA... Alumni working on Netflix & BBC Shows.
The Shore Scripts Short Film Fund offers you an opportunity to have your short film script financed and produced.
Our 14 Industry Award-Winning Judges including former Fund Winners will decide this year’s Grand Prize Winners.
The 2022 Fall Season of our Short Film Fund will award production financing for two short films:
• Grand Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $10K.
• 2nd Place Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $5K.
Both of our winners will each receive meetings and be mentored by Oscar-nominated Producer Maria Gracia Turgeon – FAUVE, IKHWÈNE.
Our sponsor ARRI Rental will provide free production equipment rental for the duration of production in any country in which they operate.
Our Judges include:
- Jamie Brewer, Actress & Producer – AMERICAN HORROR STORY, THE TURNOVER.
- Kimberley Browning, Producer & Tribeca Festival Programmer – CERTIFIED, ALL HAIL BETH, LADY BOUNCER.
- Elena Ruscombe-King, BAFTA-winning Writer – A LOVE STORY.
- Nora Kirkpatrick, Writer, Director & Actress – THE GOLDBERGS, DAISY JONES & THE SIX, THE OFFICE
The Fund welcomes submissions from screenwriters and filmmakers from around the world.
We accept short film scripts, web-series pilots, animations, and proof-of-concept shorts for TV series and Features. We also accept short film projects in production seeking Finishing Funds.
Screenplays must be in English; however, the production can be filmed in any country.
We can offer end-to-end support from script development to post-production and promotion.
We do not seek to obtain any rights over your script or the resulting film at any time. For those who take the funding, we ask for a production company credit and access to promotional material for the short film in order to promote the project and fund in the future.
Our previous 16 funded short films have played at some of the top film festivals in the world, including Tribeca, BFI London, Austin, Cannes, Encounters, Palm Springs, and many others. Our writers have gone on to gain representation, sold screenplays, and been staffed on TV shows as a direct result of entering.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PREVIOUS WINNERS' FILMS
Every writer who enters receives a FREE 18-page booklet on HOW TO GET YOUR SCREENPLAY PRODUCED.
-Grand Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $10K.
-2nd Place Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $5K.
-Both Winners will win Meetings & Mentorship with Maria Garcia Turgeon - FAUVE, IKHWÈNE
-The resulting short films will be sent to our Judges, Industry, and Directors Roster. That’s over 300 of the best people working in the industry who will see your work.
-Our sponsor ARRI Rental will provide free production equipment rental for the duration of production in any country in which they operate.
-AND, our two Prize Winners will each receive a FREE copy of the latest Final Draft screenwriting software.
-PLUS, the Grand Prize Winner will receive a FREE Online or In-Person Festival Pass to HollyShorts 2023.
-Top 5 Finalists will also receive an exclusive feedback report from one of our Short Judges with suggestions on how you can further develop your screenplay and receive a FREE copy of Final Draft.
-Top 15 Finalists - Your script will be sent to our Judges, Directors & specially chosen members of our Industry Roster AND you'll receive FREE access to our exclusive writers’ forum – The Script Hub.
* Scripts must be within 2-30 pages
* Writers from all countries are welcome to enter. All scripts must be in English.
* The winning scripts can be produced in any country.
* We accept short film scripts, web-series pilots, animations, and proof-of-concept shorts for TV series and Features.
* In addition to unproduced scripts, we accept shorts that have already been or are in the process of being filmed and need additional Finishing Funds. For finishing fund entries, please enter via our website. Select the format, “In Production Film,” and along with your script, enter the URL & password to a password-protected copy of the project for which you are applying. The password will be used internally to assess your submission and will not be shared externally.
* All ages can enter.
* All genres welcome.
* You may submit as many scripts as you wish.
* All screenplays submitted must be the writer's original work, or they own the copyright.
* If a writing team enters, then all the writers must consent.
* The filmmaking team will have the final call on cast, crew, and edit.
* To help the environment, Shore Scripts only accepts electronic entries.
* Each writer, or writing team, may not have earned more than $50,000 in screenwriting fees in the preceding 18 months. This clause is in place to help us support emerging talent. (Contest & Fellowship awards do not count toward this total).
* Shore Scripts staff and associates are unable to enter the fund.
* Resubmissions during the submission period: you may enter a more recent draft of an already submitted script. There will be a small fee involved. You may re-enter your script through our Resubmission page or via Coverfly.
* Scripts must be submitted in PDF format.
* The winners consent to Shore Scripts using their name, script title, and any other relevant information for promotional purposes on their website. This will be used to inform other contestants and the media of the results and ongoing news about the project.
* If Shore Scripts helps a writer gain representation, option, sell or have his/her screenplay produced, then we are entitled to state this on our website and on any other platforms that we see fit.
* Shore Scripts will be able to promote the winning films in any way in which they see fit.
* If the writer wishes to direct his or her script, then it will be given serious consideration. A previous portfolio of work will help in making this decision.
* We are open to working with filmmakers known to the winners. We will also be open to co-productions and understand additional funding may be needed from outside sources.
* Shore Scripts will be one of the ‘Production Companies’ credited on the project. David Beazley will also be credited as ‘Executive Producer.’
* The budget will either go through Shore Scripts or be transferred to a producer or production company working with the filmmakers.
* The decision of Shore Scripts is final. By applying to this fund each participant agrees to hold Shore Scripts, our judges and sponsors immune from any competition disputes, claims, liabilities, and expenses.
* By entering Shore Scripts, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing, and/or transmitting your submission file(s).
* Shore Scripts are flexible as to the production dates of the winning projects. However, if said projects haven’t been filmed within 12 months of our winner’s announcement, Shore has the discretion to transfer the funds to another submitted project. If the project has been filmed but not completed within 18 months of our winner’s announcement, Shore has the discretion to take over and complete the project internally.
Please contact us at contact @ shorescripts.com if you have any questions. Thanks.
MORE INFO CAN BE SEEN HERE: https://www.shorescripts.com/shortfilmfund/