Pensacola Indie Fringe and Comedy Festival is a 4-day event celebrating all forms of comedy, and will include performances, discussion panels, workshops, and more. Pensacola Indie Fringe and Comedy Festival proudly presents the first annual comedy short film festival as one of its official events.
Each Official Selection will be given two weekend passes to Pensacola Indie Fringe and Comedy Festival (travel not included) to attend the screening, and filmmakers may participate in a Q&A session about their films immediately following the screening.
We would like to congratulate the following 2020 award winners:
Bruce Nachsin - "Dark Specter II"
Jakki Jandrell - "We Got a Monkey's Paw"
BEST ENSEMBLE CAST
Zack Ogle - "We Got a Monkey's Paw"
Adam Wallensten - "The Manchador"
Euseph Messiah and Tiffany Fitzhenry - "Day 8"
Portlynn Tagavi - "They Won't Last"
BEST GENERAL COMEDY
Written, Directed and Produced by Kevin Almodovar
Written by Stuart Glass, Wendy Pennington and Natasha Paris
Directed by Natasha Paris
Produced by Wendy Pennington
BEST RELATIONSHIP COMEDY
"They Won't Last"
Written by Portlynn Tagavi and Brandon Gale
Directed by Portlynn Tagavi
Produced by Richard Bailey
BEST GENRE COMEDY
Written by TL Westgate
Directed by Dale Metz and TL Westgate
Produced by Dale Metz
BEST OF THE FEST
"We Got a Monkey's Paw"
Written by Zackary E Ogle & Aaron Pagniano
Directed by Aaron Pagniano
Produced by Travis Campbell, Zack Ogle and Aaron Pagniano
• Films must have been produced after January 1, 2018.
• Films must have a running time no longer than 20 minutes. Films longer than 20 minutes WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
• All films must be comedic in nature, but may fall under other sub-genres such as horror/comedy, satire, romantic comedy, etc. Comedy is subjective, but it must be clear that the intent of the film is to be comedic.
• Films may be live action or animated, but must be narrative in nature. At this time, we are not accepting documentaries (even ones about comedy).
• Films may contain “R-rated” content such as strong language or violence, but no pornography.
• It is permissible to enter films that have screened at other film festivals, but not commercially distributed.
• Filmmakers must retain the rights to characters, stories, and music. Fan films (i.e. fan-made versions of established properties) are not allowed and WILL BE DISQUALIFIED WITHOUT REIMBURSEMENT OF ENTRY FEE.
• Unfortunately, Pensacola Indie Fringe and Comedy Festival is UNABLE TO OFFER FEE WAIVERS.
• Entry fees are paid for the purpose of being judged for participation in the Pensacola Indie Fringe and Comedy Festival and will not be refunded in the case of films not accepted, withdrawn, or disqualified from selection.
• Official Selections will be determined by Pensacola Indie Fringe and Comedy Festival staff based on a number of factors, including but not limited to genre, content, quality of filmmaking, time allotment, and copyright ownership. All decisions are final.
• Pensacola Indie Fringe and Comedy Festival staff and their families are ineligible to enter for competition.
• All Official Selections will be announced via email to the filmmakers and on the Pensacola Indie Fringe and Comedy Festival website and social media on November 17, 2019.
• Entry fees will be charged to all submissions, but do not guarantee acceptance into the film festival. Entry fees will not be reimbursed for films not selected, withdrawn, or disqualified.
• It is recommended to upload the best quality of your film upon submission. However, an updated screener copy will be accepted until December 5, 2019. Resolution should be 1920x1080 with an audio bit depth of 16 bits.
• We recommend making the video file available to download, either through FilmFreeway, Vimeo, or YouTube (with password is fine). Otherwise, you will need to provide means for us to download the film such as through Dropbox, OneDrive, or WeTransfer no later than December 5, 2019.
• Publicity material such as stills and a movie poster are optional, but must be submitted no later than December 5, 2019.
• Non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
• All Official Selections will be shown as an official event of Pensacola Indie Fringe and Comedy Festival January 2-5, 2020.
• Each Official Selection will be provided with two free weekend passes to Pensacola Indie Fringe and Comedy Festival (travel not included) to attend the screening, and filmmakers may be invited to participate in a Q&A session about their films immediately following the screening.
• Admission to the screening will be free to anyone with a Pensacola Indie Fringe and Comedy Festival weekend pass or day pass on the date of the screening.
• Due to the possible content of the films, anyone under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.