Cannes World Film Festival runs an IMDb Qualifying monthly & annual competition of all genres for international Filmmakers, dedicated to Feature Films, Short Films, Indie, Documentaries, Experimental, Animations, Music Videos, Commercials, TV/Web Series and many more (check our 88 Official Main & Additional Categories).
The mission of our golden fairy, who is the symbol of our festival, is to unearth rare gems, to highlight a new generation of emerging talents and a new wave of Filmmakers.
Cannes World Film Festival's Annual Award Ceremony is scheduled to take place in a Luxurious Villa in the heart of Cannes in 2021.
On the same day, we will organize special screenings of some of the Annual Grand Winners at a famous theater in Cannes, the world's capital of Cinema (both venues and date to be confirmed due to the Covid-19 situation).
The Festival's Jury composed of 7 members from the film industry, music industry and other artistic & cultural fields, who have no relations to the films in competition, will award in each category the best films through private screenings.
All Official Selections, Semi-Finalists, Finalists, Nominees & Winners will receive Official Laurels. All Semi-Finalists, Finalists, Nominees & Winners will be listed on our website and on our social networks.
Monthly award winners will also receive a digital Official Certificate and may upload their credits on IMDb.
All monthly winners are automatically entered in the annual competition for a chance to win a Trophy and the opportunity to have their film screened at a famous theater in Cannes, the world's capital of Cinema.
During Cannes World Film Festival's Annual Award Ceremony, the Grand Winners among all Monthly Winners will be announced for each category and will receive a prestigious Trophy.
***~𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬~***
Best Narrative Feature Film (> 40mn)
Best Narrative Short Film (< 40mn)
Best Super Short Film (< 5mn)
Best Indie Feature (low budget) (> 40mn)
Best Indie Short (low budget) (< 40mn)
Best Documentary Feature (> 40mn)
Best Documentary Short (< 40mn)
Best Social Justice (Feature)
Best Social Justice (Short)
Best Humanitarian Film (Feature)
Best Humanitarian Film (Short)
Best Environmental Film
Best Drama Film
Best Foreign Film
Best Student Film
Best Adventure/Superhero Film
Best Fantasy Film
Best Weird/WTF Film
Best Animation Film
Best Sci-Fi Film
Best LGBTQ Film
Best Dark Comedy
Best Film Noir
Best Family/Children Film
Best Musical/Dance Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Mobile Phone Film Feature (> 40mn)
Best Mobile Phone Film Short (< 40mn)
Best New Wave/Post-Modern Film
Best Black & White Film
Best Inspirational Film
Best Spiritual/Mystical Film
Best Supernatural/Mystery Film
Best Road Movie
Best Romance Film
Best Action Film
Best Biographical/Historical Film
Best Nature/Wildlife Film
Best Scientific Film
Best Health Film
Best Cause-Driven Film
Best Innovative Solution Film
Best Human Rights Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Thriller/Suspense Film
Best Vintage/Silent Film
Best Martial Arts Film
Best Drone Film
Best Music Video
Best Web/TV Pilot
Best Web/TV Series
Best Director Short Film
Best Female Director Short Film
Best Director Feature Film
Best Female Director Feature Film
Best Director Super Short Film
Best Female Director Super Short Film
Best Acting Debut
Best Actor in a Short Film
Best Actress in a Short Film
Best Actor in a Feature Film
Best Actress in a Feature Film
Best Young Actor in a Short Film
Best Young Actress in a Short Film
Best Young Actor in a Feature Film
Best Young Actress in a Feature Film
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best First Time Filmmaker
Best New Wave Filmmaker
Best Young Filmmaker
Best Original Story
Best Original Song
Best Visual Effects
Best Costume Design
Best Voice Over
Best Set Design
Best Sound Design
* 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐖𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐲 *
The "Honorable Mention" is an extra distinction of the official competition.
That is to say, the Jury does not intervene, it is granted exclusively by the Festival directors. Here, the film that has distinguished itself from the others will be awarded, in its general aspect, concept, aesthetics, and/or particularly brilliant performance, in its direction, photography, acting, editing, and/or soundtrack.
𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝.
𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬.
* Films presented in English should contain French subtitles.
* Films presented in French should contain English subtitles.
* Films containing a third or any other language (other than French or English) must contain subtitles in French or English.
* There is no premiere requirement.
* All films must be submitted in at least one main category and may also be submitted in additional categories (with no limits).
* Films submitted without a main category will be disqualified with no refund.
* A submitted film may be resubmitted multiple times within the same year,
in one or multiple categories.
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭:
1. Cannes World Film Festival can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purposes.
* We will not in any circumstances make your film available online.
2. The festival's team selects a Jury composed of a minimum of 7 members chosen in the film industry, music industry and any other artistic & cultural fields who have no relations to the films in competition.
3. All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
4. We do not offer fee waivers.
5. You own all the rights to the film (images, sound, music and poster). Copyright owner must be at least 18 years old.
6. Adult guardians or parents may submit on behalf of minors.
7. You cannot cancel your participation in the monthly or annual competition after the announcement of the official selection.
8. You are authorized to be represented by another person at the annual ceremony (mandate signed by you required at the entrance).
9. During our annual ceremony, all film excerpts of nominees and winners will only be screened in digital format and the media provided must meet standard broadcasting standards.
10. All accepted and non-accepted submissions will be notified to submitters via email (check our FilmFreeway page for deadlines and any other updates).
11. Any film revised or modified after submission must be re-submitted with new fees
12. Films must be non-watermarked.
13. Festival dates & times may be subject to delay or change.
14. In case you submitted as a Student, we reserve the right to check the validity of your status and in case of abuse, your film will be disqualified with no refunds.
15. Cannes World Film Festival reserves the right to refuse entries and the Jury can remove the movie from the competition at any time without any obligation to justify the reason(s). The Selection Committee's & Jury's decisions are final.
16. Winning categories vary every month depending on the submissions we receive.
17. You always retain 100% of all rights to your intellectual property.
18. Cannes World Film Festival is not liable for any copyright infringements or unauthorized usage and any conflict should be settled by the parties involved thereof.
19. You agree to hold Cannes World Film Festival harmless and to indemnify us from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court), which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity as well as screening.
20. No work or artist will be either discriminated or favored by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, ideology, sexual orientation, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be considered with no censorship of any kind.
𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠:
1. Amateur films or videos.
2. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations.
3. Films which are made before 2010.
4. Films must not contain pornography, horror, racist, sexist, offensive or defamatory statements intended to harm anybody.
5. Films must not be disrespectful to anyone's privacy.
6. Films with poor production standards (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions whenever applicable, or video resolution less than 720p HD).
7. Do not send us cash or any payments in any forms whatsoever via email or via our postal address (all payments are made via FilmFreeway).
8. Do not send us any materials (i.e: DCP, DVD, Posters, etc) via our postal address.