𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙𝙬𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙄𝙈𝘿𝙗 𝙌𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙡𝙮 & 𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙁𝙞𝙡𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙧𝙨, 𝙙𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙁𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙁𝙞𝙡𝙢𝙨, 𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙁𝙞𝙡𝙢𝙨, 𝙄𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙚, 𝘿𝙤𝙘𝙪𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨, 𝙀𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙡, 𝘼𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨, 𝙈𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘 𝙑𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙤𝙨, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙨, 𝙏𝙑/𝙒𝙚𝙗 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚.
-> 𝐂𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝟏𝟑𝟎 𝙊𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙈𝙖𝙞𝙣 & 𝘼𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝘾𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙜𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙡𝙢 & 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙈𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘!
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙮, 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙮𝙢𝙗𝙤𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙁𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙡, 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙧𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙜𝙚𝙢𝙨, 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙖 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙁𝙞𝙡𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙧𝙨. 🎥✨🧚♀️🎬
The Festival's Jury composed of 7 members from the film industry, music industry and other artistic & cultural fields, who have no relations to the films in competition, will award in each category the best films through private screenings.
All Official Selections, Semi-Finalists, Finalists, Nominees & Winners will receive Official Laurels. All Finalists, Nominees & Winners will be listed on our website and on our social networks.
Monthly award winners will also receive a digital Official Certificate and may upload their credits on IMDb.
All monthly winners are automatically entered in the annual competition for a chance to win a Trophy and the opportunity to have their film screened at a famous theater in Cannes, the world's capital of Cinema.
Our Annual Award Ceremony is scheduled to take place in a Luxurious Villa in the heart of Cannes in 2022: the Grand Winners among all Monthly Winners will be announced for each category and will receive a prestigious Trophy.
On the same day, we will organize special screenings of some of the Annual Grand Winners at a famous theater in Cannes, the world's capital of Cinema (both venues and date to be confirmed due to the Covid-19 situation).
***~𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬~***
Best Narrative Feature Film (> 40mn)
Best Narrative Short Film (< 40mn)
Best Super Short Film (< 5mn)
Best Indie Feature (low budget)
Best Indie Short (low budget)
Best Documentary (Feature)
Best Documentary (Short)
Best Social Justice (Feature)
Best Social Justice (Short)
Best Humanitarian Film (Feature)
Best Humanitarian Film (Short)
Best Mobile Phone Film Feature
Best Mobile Phone Film Short
Best Virtual Reality (Feature)
Best Virtual Reality (Short)
Best Visionary Film
Best 360° Film
Best Science & Technology Film
Best Innovative Solution Film
Best Artificial Intelligence Film
Best Space Research Film
Best Futuristic Film
Best Environmental Film
Best Drama Film
Best Foreign Film
Best Student Film
Best Underground Film
Best Adventure/Superhero Film
Best Fantasy Film
Best Weird/WTF Film
Best Animation Film
Best Sci-Fi Film
Best LGBTQ Film
Best Dark Comedy
Best Film Noir
Best Family/Children Film
Best Musical Film
Best Dance Film
Best Women Film
Best Paranormal Film
Best Philosophical Film
Best Film on Disability
Best Sports Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Work-In-Progress Film
Best New Wave/Post-Modern Film
Best Black & White Film
Best Inspirational Film
Best Spiritual/Mystical Film
Best Supernatural Film
Best Mystery Film
Best Road Movie
Best Romance Film
Best Action Film
Best Biographical Film
Best Educational Film
Best Psychological Film
Best Historical Film
Best Senior Film
Best Nature/Wildlife Film
Best Scientific Film
Best Health Film
Best Cause-Driven Film
Best Human Rights Film
Best Black Culture Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Thriller/Suspense Film
Best Vintage/Silent Film
Best Martial Arts Film
Best Drone Film
Best Music Video
Best Web/TV Pilot
Best Web/TV Series
Best Director Short Film
Best Female Director Short Film
Best Director Indie Short
Best Director Feature Film
Best Female Director Feature Film
Best Director Indie Feature
Best Director Super Short Film
Best Female Director Super Short Film
Best First Time Filmmaker (Feature)
Best First Time Filmmaker (Short)
Best New Wave Filmmaker
Best Visionary Filmmaker
Best Futuristic Filmmaker
Best Young Filmmaker
Best Acting Debut
Best Actor in a Short Film
Best Actress in a Short Film
Best Actor in a Feature Film
Best Actress in a Feature Film
Best Actor in an Indie Film
Best Actress in an Indie Film
Best Young Actor in a Short Film
Best Young Actress in a Short Film
Best Young Actor in a Feature Film
Best Young Actress in a Feature Film
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Acting Duo
Best Original Story
Best Original Song
Best Visual Effects
Best Costume Design
Best Voice Over
Best Set Design
Best Sound Design
***~𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗠𝗼𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗰 𝗖𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀~***
Best American Film
Best African Film
Best Arabic Film
Best Asian Film
Best Black Culture Film
Best European Film
Best French Film
Best Indian Film
Best Indigenous / Native Peoples
Best Jewish Film
Best Latino / Hispanic Film
Best Oceanian Film
* 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐖𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐲 *
The "Honorable Mention" is an extra distinction of the official competition.
That is to say, the Jury does not intervene, it is granted exclusively by the Festival directors. Here, the film that has distinguished itself from the others will be awarded, in its general aspect, concept, aesthetics, and/or particularly brilliant performance, in its direction, photography, acting, editing, and/or soundtrack.
𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝.
𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬.
* Films presented in English should contain French subtitles but it is not mandatory.
* Films presented in French should contain English subtitles.
* Films containing a third or any other language (other than French or English) must contain subtitles in French or English.
* There is no premiere requirement.
* All films must be submitted in at least one main category and may also be submitted in additional categories (with no limits).
* Films submitted without a main category will be disqualified with no refund.
* A submitted film may be resubmitted multiple times within the same year,
in one or multiple categories.
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭:
1. Cannes World Film Festival can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purposes.
* We will not in any circumstances make your film available online.
2. The festival's team selects a Jury composed of a minimum of 7 members chosen in the film industry, music industry and any other artistic & cultural fields who have no relations to the films in competition.
3. All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
4. We do not offer fee waivers.
5. You own all the rights to the film (images, sound, music and poster). Copyright owner must be at least 18 years old.
6. Adult guardians or parents may submit on behalf of minors.
7. You cannot cancel your participation in the monthly or annual competition after the announcement of the official selection.
8. You are authorized to be represented by another person at the annual ceremony (mandate signed by you required at the entrance).
9. During our annual ceremony, all film excerpts of nominees and winners will only be screened in digital format and the media provided must meet standard broadcasting standards.
10. All accepted and non-accepted submissions will be notified to submitters via email (check our FilmFreeway page for deadlines and any other updates).
11. Any film revised or modified after submission must be re-submitted with new fees
12. Films must be non-watermarked.
13. Festival dates & times may be subject to delay or change.
14. In case you submitted as a Student, we reserve the right to check the validity of your status and in case of abuse, your film will be disqualified with no refunds.
15. Cannes World Film Festival reserves the right to refuse entries and the Jury can remove the movie from the competition at any time without any obligation to justify the reason(s). The Selection Committee's & Jury's decisions are final.
16. Winning categories vary every month depending on the submissions we receive.
17. You always retain 100% of all rights to your intellectual property.
18. Cannes World Film Festival is not liable for any copyright infringements or unauthorized usage and any conflict should be settled by the parties involved thereof.
19. You agree to hold Cannes World Film Festival harmless and to indemnify us from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court), which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity as well as screening.
20. No work or artist will be either discriminated or favored by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, ideology, sexual orientation, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be considered with no censorship of any kind.
𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠:
1. Amateur films or videos.
2. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations.
3. Films which are made before 2016.
4. Films must not contain pornography, horror, racist, sexist, offensive or defamatory statements intended to harm anybody.
5. Films must not be disrespectful to anyone's privacy.
6. Films with poor production standards (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions whenever applicable, or video resolution less than 720p HD).
7. Do not send us cash or any payments in any forms whatsoever via email or via our postal address (all payments are made via FilmFreeway).
8. Do not send us any materials (i.e: DCP, DVD, Posters, etc) via our postal address.