𝙒𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙𝙬𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙄𝙈𝘿𝙗 𝙌𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙡𝙮 & 𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙧𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙁𝙞𝙡𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙧𝙨, 𝙎𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨, 𝙎𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘽𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨, 𝙙𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙁𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 & 𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙁𝙞𝙡𝙢𝙨, 𝙄𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙚, 𝘿𝙤𝙘𝙪𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨, 𝙀𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙡, 𝘼𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨, 𝙈𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘 𝙑𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙤𝙨, 𝙎𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙨, 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙨, 𝙒𝙚𝙗/𝙏𝙑 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚.
-> 𝐂𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝟏𝟰𝟎+ 𝙊𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙈𝙖𝙞𝙣 & 𝘼𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝘾𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙜𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙁𝙞𝙡𝙢 & 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙈𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙘!
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙮, 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙮𝙢𝙗𝙤𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙁𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙡, 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙧𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙜𝙚𝙢𝙨, 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙖 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙜𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙁𝙞𝙡𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙧𝙨. 🎥✨🧚♀️🎬
* 𝚂𝚄𝙱𝙼𝙸𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟸 𝙰𝚁𝙴 𝙽𝙾𝚆 𝙾𝙿𝙴𝙽 ! *
The Festival's Jury composed of 7 members from the film industry, music industry and other artistic & cultural fields, who have no relations to the films in competition, will award in each category the best films through private screenings.
All Official Selections, Semi-Finalists, Finalists, Nominees & Winners will receive Official Laurels. All Finalists, Nominees & Winners will be listed on our website and on our social networks.
Monthly award winners will also receive a digital Official Certificate and may upload their credits on IMDb.
All monthly winners are automatically entered in the annual competition for a chance to win a Trophy and the opportunity to have their film screened at a famous theater in Cannes, the world's capital of Cinema.
Our Annual Award Ceremony is scheduled to take place in a Luxurious Villa in the heart of Cannes in 2023: the Grand Winners among all Monthly Winners will be announced for each category and will receive a prestigious Trophy.
On the same day, we will organize special screenings of some of the Annual Grand Winners at a famous theater in Cannes, the world's capital of Cinema (both venues and date to be confirmed due to the Covid-19 situation).
Nominees for our 2021 Edition will be announced at the end of January 2022.
* Every month we'll attribute Honorable Mention Awards for certain categories *
The "Honorable Mention" is an extra distinction of the official competition.
That is to say, the Jury does not intervene, it is granted exclusively by the Festival directors. Here, the film that has distinguished itself from the others will be awarded, in its general aspect, concept, aesthetics, and/or particularly brilliant performance, in its direction, photography, acting, editing, and/or soundtrack.
𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝.
𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬.
* Films presented in English should contain French subtitles but it is not mandatory.
* Films presented in French should contain English subtitles.
* Films containing a third or any other language (other than French or English) must contain subtitles in French or English.
* There is no premiere requirement.
* All films must be submitted in at least one main category and may also be submitted in additional categories (with no limits).
* Films submitted without a main category will be disqualified with no refund.
* A submitted film may be resubmitted multiple times within the same year,
in one or multiple categories.
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭:
1. Cannes World Film Festival can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purposes.
* We will not in any circumstances make your film available online.
2. The festival's team selects a Jury composed of a minimum of 7 members chosen in the film industry, music industry and any other artistic & cultural fields who have no relations to the films in competition.
3. All fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
4. We do not offer fee waivers.
5. You own all the rights to the film (images, sound, music and poster). Copyright owner must be at least 18 years old.
6. Adult guardians or parents may submit on behalf of minors.
7. You cannot cancel your participation in the monthly or annual competition after the announcement of the official selection.
8. You are authorized to be represented by another person at the annual ceremony (mandate signed by you required at the entrance).
9. During our annual ceremony, all film excerpts of nominees and winners will only be screened in digital format and the media provided must meet standard broadcasting standards.
10. All accepted and non-accepted submissions will be notified to submitters via email (check our FilmFreeway page for deadlines and any other updates).
11. Any film revised or modified after submission must be re-submitted with new fees
12. Films must be non-watermarked.
13. Festival dates & times may be subject to delay or change.
14. In case you submitted as a Student, we reserve the right to check the validity of your status and in case of abuse, your film will be disqualified with no refunds.
15. Cannes World Film Festival reserves the right to refuse entries and the Jury can remove the movie from the competition at any time without any obligation to justify the reason(s). The Selection Committee's & Jury's decisions are final.
16. Winning categories vary every month depending on the submissions we receive.
17. You always retain 100% of all rights to your intellectual property.
18. Cannes World Film Festival is not liable for any copyright infringements or unauthorized usage and any conflict should be settled by the parties involved thereof.
19. You agree to hold Cannes World Film Festival harmless and to indemnify us from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court), which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity as well as screening.
20. No work or artist will be either discriminated or favored by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, ideology, sexual orientation, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be considered with no censorship of any kind.
𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠:
1. Amateur films or videos.
2. Extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations.
3. Films which are made before 2016.
4. Films must not contain pornography, horror, racist, sexist, offensive or defamatory statements intended to harm anybody.
5. Films must not be disrespectful to anyone's privacy.
6. Films with poor production standards (bad sound, lack of subtitles/captions whenever applicable, or video resolution less than 720p HD).
7. Do not send us cash or any payments in any forms whatsoever via email or via our postal address (all payments are made via FilmFreeway).
8. Do not send us any materials (i.e: DCP, DVD, Posters, etc) via our postal address.