FLIQ: Films Lavished In Queerdom is set to premiere in Portland, Maine the summer of 2019 and travel throughout the state. FLIQ seeks submissions containing LGBTQ+ characters and storylines with the goal of providing a platform for queer filmmakers and allies to celebrate our community and their stories. For too long queer characters have been relegated to foils for their cis/straight counterparts devoid of depth. We want to prove our deaths are more than plot points and our lives are about more than our identity. As serious as we are about providing a platform for the queer community, that doesn’t mean we don’t have a sense of humor. Films can include anything from Sapphic Musicals to Trans SciFi. Heck, send us a documentary about the underground bear culture of the three-ring circus. We want to see it all as long as it’s in the 1-20 minute range.
FLIQ is proudly presented by Maine Elements of Film, a rotating genre series.
1. Short films must be under 25 minutes.
2. All foreign submissions must be English subtitled.
3. FLIQ does not make films available online but may use short clips from films for trailer purposes with filmmaker permission.
4. Entry fees are non-refundable.
5. If accepted, the film must be made available to FLIQ by digital download. Acceptable formats include: h.264, pro-res, mp4, or .mov. (DCPs not accepted).
6. Screening permission limited to the 2019 FLIQ program. All rights retained by the filmmaker.