𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠:
𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗻 𝗖𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 (𝗖𝗖𝗔) is an international film festival which showcases and promotes films for children and teenagers. Our goal is to entertain our young audience with fun, colorful, diverse, positive and stimulating films that could help with broadening their imagination, creativity and development.
We also encourage young filmmakers and recognize their work, giving them the space to live their dream of seeing their films on the big screen.
𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗻 𝗖𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗘𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗻'𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺 𝗔𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 (𝗘𝗖𝗙𝗔), 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝘄𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗘𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱𝘄𝗶𝗱𝗲. 𝗘𝗖𝗙𝗔 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗻’𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗺 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮.
Submission is open to filmmakers of all ages with works that are children and teen friendly. There is also a special category open for young filmmakers (18 and under) because we like to award them for their awesome talent. Winners gets certificates and four main categories are given a Golden Eagle statuette.
𝗙𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗨𝗦 𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬 𝗨𝗣𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗
with festival deadlines, winners announcements and promotions, visit: https://www.facebook.com/cawards.org/
Semi-Finalists, Finalists, and Winners will receive the Festival Laurels.
All WINNERs will receive the personalized Certificates with an online verification.
𝗚𝗢𝗟𝗗𝗘𝗡 𝗘𝗔𝗚𝗟𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘 is handed during the Awards Ceremony of the film festival within the year. The screening takes place in the Pathé Tuschinski Cinema in Amsterdam.
- 🏆 Best Children’s Film
- 🏆 Best Teen Film
RULES AND TERMS
1. Submissions for Children Cinema Awards is open to short films made for and about children.
2. All films must be presented in their original language with English subtitle.
3. Films must have been completed after 1 January 2017. Premiere status is not required.
4. Short film entries must not exceed a running time of 45 minutes.
5. Student films and videos must present proper documentations from their academic institution, example: academic ID of the director/producer or a letter of recommendation from an academic adviser or institution. Any films submitted as student film without proper identification will be disqualified in the category.
6. Student films must be submitted no later than two years after graduation.
7. All submitted films and/or videos must pay the necessary entry fee. Student entries are eligible for discounted fees.
8. Entry fees are non-refundable in case of any submission withdrawal.
9. Any changes to the rules will be at CCA’s discretion.
10. All entries must be submitted online via FilmFreeway.
11. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the CCA Selection Committee.
12. Criteria for judging is based on creativity of visual images, production quality (without irrespective of the cost of production), originality of storytelling and entertainment value.
13. Submissions will be checked for their eligibility and judged only in their appropriate categories.
14. All Official Selections for each category will be announced at CCA website and CA social media platforms and will be notified through email.
15. Screening and Awarding Ceremony will be held at Pathé Tuschinski in Amsterdam.
1. Official Selection for each category will receive a CCA digital certificate with verification and a digital copy of the official CCA laurel.
2. Winners of the Best Children’s Film and Best Teen Film are chosen from the winners of the main categories.
3. Winners of Best Children’s Film, Best Teen Film will be handed CA’s official statuette called the “Golden Eagle” during the awarding ceremony.
4. In case of the recipients’ absence during the award ceremony, CCA will send the statuette to them via post.
5. The winners of Golden Eagle will get the chance to be screened at the other Cinematography Award film festivals (ECA, ACA, NYCA and LACA)
6. Other additional award prizes may be given during the ceremony.
– NOT SELECTED – unfortunately your film didn’t meet the minimum requirements of the Film Festival
– SEMI-FINALIST – your film was selected as the semi-finalist in the category(s) to which was submitted. The judging status is to all categories.
– FINALIST – your film was selected as the finalist in the category(s) to which wast submitted The judging status is to all categories.
– WINNER – your film won the category(s) to which was submitted and received the Official Selection to the Live Screening.
This makes the selection process more transparent to all filmmakers and is a guarantee that all kind of films (short, feature, student, documentary, etc) have equal opportunities to be selected to the Live Screening.
1. All official selections are included in the festival programme for exhibition.
2. CCA reserves the right to choose other shortlisted films to be screened in the film festival.
3. The filmmakers and/or production companies must provide CCA a copy of their films for screening at least 30 working days prior to festival. This is to make sure the festival has enough time to check for any technical concerns that may occur and resolve them prior to the screening.
4. If sending DCPs, the sender is requested to inform CCA on the means of dispatch and the date of shipment. Postage or shipment costs are the responsibility of the sender. No collect costs are accepted unless authorized by the CCA. Materials should be sent to
Cinematography Awards Foundation by internet transfer or by post:
FUNDACJA NAGRODY KINEMATOGRAFII,
Michalowskiego 8, 02-438 Warszawa, Poland
5. All screening formats can be received by participants during the
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR EXHIBITION
1. All films must be of standard cinema aspect ratio and resolution (Square Pixels 1.0).
Flat:1.85:1 2K (1998x1080) or 4K (3996x2160) Scope: 2.39:1 2K (2048×858) or 4K
2. HD format is possible, but the filmmakers/producer must give CCA the rights to re-format it for screening purposes. HD quality digital copy of the film in Quicktime (Pro Res 422) if applicable.
3. H264 (MP4) files can be accepted provided the images are of great quality.
1. CCA is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival.
2. The filmmakers and/or the production company allow CCA to use their film’s Press Kit for promotional purposes.
3. The submission of any films to the festival means that the filmmakers and/or the production company agree without any reservation to all the rules and regulations of CCA.