𝗦𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗟𝗼𝘀 𝗔𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗺 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 (𝗦𝗟𝗔𝗙𝗔) aims to highlight the high school, undergrad and graduate student films. Film Festival is accepting the submissions from young filmmakers worldwide. The film must be registered on FilmFreeway as student project and be submitted no later than two years after the graduation.
𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡:
- YOUNG SHUTTERBUGS: http://join.cawards.org
- CineLab Talents: http://cinelabtalents.org
𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀 to promote films, and be another step up in the young filmmakers’ careers. We support new and student filmmakers, who are just beginning their careers with a supportive and enthusiastic audience for their creative efforts and giving them access to film industry professionals who can offer guidance and other forms of career assistance. The Festival giving them the space to live their dream of seeing their films on the big screen. SLAFA features live screenings and awarding ceremony in the heart of Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA.
The Film Festival is established and managed by the film industry professionals of 𝗖𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗵𝘆 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 - 𝗖𝗔𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗦.𝗢𝗥𝗚
𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗜𝗧 𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗪𝗘𝗕𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗜𝗡𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡:
𝗙𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗨𝗦 𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬 𝗨𝗣𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗
with festival news, deadlines and winners announcements
Semi-Finalists, Finalists, and Winners will receive the FESTIVAL LAURELS.
All WINNERs of the categories will receive the PERSONALIZED CERTIFICATES with an online verification.
GOLDEN EAGLE STATUETTE is handed during the Awards Ceremony of the film festival within the year. The screening takes place in the DOLBY Los Angeles:
- Best Student Film of the Year
The film festival works under the Cinematography Awards Foundation - CAWARDS.ORG A body supervising the foundation:
The Ministry of Culture and National Heritage
RULES AND TERMS
1. Submissions for the Student Los Angeles Film Awards (SLAFA) is open to high school, undergrad and graduate student films.
2. All films must be presented in their original language with English subtitle.
3. Films must have been completed after 1 January 2017. Premiere status is not required.
4. Short film entries must not exceed a running time of 30 minutes.
5. Student films and videos must present proper documentations from their academic institution, example: academic ID of the director/producer or a letter of recommendation from an academic adviser or institution. Any films submitted as student film without proper identification will be disqualified in the category.
6. The film must be registered on FilmFreeway as student project and be submitted no later than two years after graduation.
7. Entry fees are non-refundable in case of any submission withdrawal.
8. Any changes to the rules will be at SLAFA’s discretion.
9. All entries must be submitted online via FilmFreeway.
10. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the SLAFA Selection Committee.
11. Criteria for judging is based on creativity of visual images, production quality (without irrespective of the cost of production), originality of storytelling and entertainment value.
12. Submissions will be checked for their eligibility and judged only in their appropriate categories.
13. All Official Selections for each category will be announced at SLAFA website and CA social media platforms and will be notified through email.
14. The number of selections for each category is at the SLAFA Committee’s discretion.
15. Screening and Awarding Ceremony will be held at Dolby Los Angeles on 21st OCTOBER 2020. Any other announcements will be made on SLAFA's official website and CA’s social media platforms.
1. Official Selection for each category will receive a SLAFA digital certificate with verification and a digital copy of the official SLAFA laurel.
2. Winner of the Best Student Film of the Year is chosen from all winners of the categories.
3. Winner of Best Student Film of the Year will be handed CA’s official statuette called the “Golden Eagle” during the awarding ceremony.
4. Winners will be chosen by Juries composed of film industry professionals especially invited by SLAFA festival director for this edition.
5. In case of the recipients’ absence during the award ceremony, SLAFA will send the statuette to them via post.
6. Other additional award prizes may be given during the ceremony.
1. All official selections are included in the festival programme for exhibition.
2. SLAFA reserves the right to choose other shortlisted films to be screened in the film festival.
3. The filmmakers and/or production companies must provide SLAFA a copy of their films for screening at least 30 working days prior to festival. This is to make sure the festival has enough time to check for any technical concerns that may occur and resolve them prior to the screening.
4. If sending DCPs, the sender is requested to inform SLAFA on the means of dispatch and the date of shipment. Postage or shipment costs are the responsibility of the sender. No collect costs are accepted unless authorized by the SLAFA. Materials should be sent to Cinematography Awards Foundation by internet transfer or by post:
FUNDACJA NAGRODY KINEMATOGRAFII,
Michalowskiego 8, 02-438 Warszawa, Poland
5. All screening formats can be received by participants during the festival screening.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR EXHIBITION
1. All films must be of standard cinema aspect ratio and resolution (Square Pixels 1.0).
Flat:1.85:1 2K (1998x1080) or 4K (3996x2160) Scope: 2.39:1 2K (2048×858) or 4K
2. HD format is possible, but the filmmakers/producer must give CCA the rights to re-format it for screening purposes. HD quality digital copy of the film in Quicktime (Pro Res 422) if applicable.
3. H264 (MP4) files can be accepted provided the images are of great quality.
1. SLAFA is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival.
2. The filmmakers and/or the production company allow SLAFA and CA to use their film’s Press Kit for promotional purposes.
3. The submission of any films to the festival means that the filmmakers and/or the production company agree without any reservation to all the rules and regulations of SLAFA.