--- We are currently accepting submissions for our 2022 edition! ---
Sydney Short Film Festival is an independent film festival that puts the spotlight on short films – a category that unfortunately doesn’t get the mainstream attention it deserves. We accept submissions from around the world and encourage you to take the trip down-under to celebrate your film and contribution with us.
Our judging panel consists of experienced filmmakers who themselves have gone through the same path of creating and maintaining a film production.
Our 4th edition will take place in February, 2022 and will be followed by a Q&A with the audience, an Awards Ceremony and networking event.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us and we will try to respond as soon as possible.
For more information, visit our website or Facebook page!
Sydney Short Film Festival is run in association with Close:Up, a collection of international film festivals supporting indie filmmaking. By establishing a working network among filmmakers, producers and marketing professionals, we share one common goal: to forge productive and lasting relationships between independent filmmakers and audiences.
Our panel of judges will carefully select each nominated project and program the Official Selections. At the end of the festival, an awarding ceremony will be held to announce the winners of each category.
We accept films in the following categories:
Best Short Film
Best Short Drama
Best Short Comedy
Best Short Action
Best Short Experimental
Best Short Animation
Best Short Documentary
Best Music Score
Best Music Video
- All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
- All films must have been produced in or after 2019.
- Short films must not exceed 30 minutes.
- Filmmakers are responsible for sorting out the copyright on their own materials.
- By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience, and, under special circumstances, online screening.
- Nominations: All films nominated for every category.
Official Selection: Films selected for screening will be notified via email. If you received a Nomination email, but no Official Selection email, it means your film will not be screened, but is still a contender for an award in its category.
Award Winners: Chosen from both the Nominations and the Official Selection.
- We may promote clips from your film on social media, based on the press kits you provide us with.
- We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online platforms.
- We place no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
- Any technical issues with the submitted films are 100% the responsibility of the filmmakers. If, at the time of judging, your video file doesn’t work or doesn’t have English subtitles (if in a language other than English), it will be automatically rejected, without a refund. Please contact the festival team ASAP if there are any issues with the submission process, and a solution will be found.
- We cannot provide refunds.
- By submitting to us you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.
- We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.