Welcome to Three Seas International Film Festival, established in 2019 and hosted and organized by the Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of Latvia. The festival aspires to showcase the newest talents in the independent film industry from all over the world and create an event where films of different backgrounds can provide entertainment for anyone who is a fan of cinema.
For this year's edition, we were happy to welcome outsanding films from well-crafted animation, to surreal dramas, experimental and intruiging documentaries of both feature-lenght and short films; Basically, we are looking for films that can make you reflect, feel and connect.
The International Jury awards the following prizes – statuettes and monetary awards to the films of the Main contest:
Feature Film Awards
Grand Prix for the best fiction feature film (monetary award of 10000 Euros)
Second place (monetary award of 7500 Euros)
Third place (monetary award of 5000 Euros)
Best animation (monetary award of 6000 Euros)
Best documentary (monetary award of 6000 Euros)
Short Film Awards
Award for best fiction short film (monetary award of 5000 Euros)
Second place (monetary award of 3500 Euros)
Third place (monetary award of 2000 Euros)
Best animation (monetary award of 1500 Euros)
Best documentary (monetary award of 1500 Euros)
Best director (feature film)
Audience Choice Award
Best actor and actress (feature film)
Sponsors’ and partners’ awards
1. The selection of films to participate in 3 Seas will be conducted by the Selection commission, which is to be approved by the Direction of the Festival.
2. The minimum runtime of feature films is 60 minutes
3. Only Feature and Short films which were produced between 2022 and 2023 can participate in the competition programme of the Festival
4. Application is being received via FilmFreeway.
5. No unveiling criteria is applied, but the international and world premiers are preferred.
6. The maximum runtime of short films is 30 minutes