2015 MAKING A DIFFERENCE FOR REEL - Films that change the world.
"Making a Difference for Reel" is a unique film festival that aims to spotlight independent films eager to make a difference in the world. The mission of "Making a Difference for Reel" is to bring awareness to some of our world's most pressing issues. We seek short films under 30 minutes long in both Documentary and Narrative formats. We also accept Student Films and Public Service Announcements for consideration. Before submitting please read all rules and regulations.
All Official Selections to the festival will be competing for awards. This important film festival is honored to be represented by celebrity dog, ASPCA's Hero Dog nominee, and survivor of the gas chamber Daniel the Beagle. Daniel the Beagle is a true hero and prime example of what our festival celebrates.
Making a difference in the world starts with YOU!
Accolades will be awarded to the best films and filmmakers. Each category is eligible to be awarded.
Best Of Fest
Before submitting your film please read rules and guidelines carefully.
1. Short films under 30 Minutes (Documentary, Narrative, Student, & Public Service Announcement Videos ONLY.
2. No vulgar or obscene films.
3. No films depicting animal cruelty.
4. The person submitting to the festival claims ownership of video. The film festival will not be responsible for copyrighted, stolen, or uncredited works.
5. The film festival and film festival committee have the right to refuse and or decline any film submitted to the festival.
6. There is no limit on submissions. A filmmaker can submit to as many categories as they wish.
7. We prefer you upload your film via FilmFreeway or have a Youtube/Vimeo link for the initial screening process. DVDs may be requested once accepted. If you only have the means of sending a DVD do so but make sure it is labeled accordingly with festival tracking and your information. DVDs not labeled will be thrown away.
8. Open to all countries.
9. Please visit the official website and review all rules before submitting.
10. Do not send any press material until notified.
11. Remember this is a competition, there is a chance your film may not make the cut. But keep in mind that doesn't mean it is not great and we didn't like it. In fact, we probably loved it but we simply can not include every film.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering your film for consideration for the 2015 MAKING A DIFFERENCE FOR REEL you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the 2015 MAKING A DIFFERENCE FOR REEL FILM FESTIVAL. The Film Festival is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the MAKING A DIFFERENCE FOR REEL FILM FESTIVAL from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. The Film Festival may opt to withdraw your work from the festival at any time for any reason. The Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.
Best of luck!