The Annual Copenhagen Film Festival is an international independent film festival held annually in Copenhagen, Denmark. It aspires to promote, recognize and support independent filmmakers throughout the world by hosting a variety of awards in order to provide the best opportunities for filmmakers to get recognized in a very competitive industry. Selected films will be screened in Copenhagen and have the opportunity to get into contact with our partnering production company.
Films entered in multiple categories are eligible to win several awards.
Award of Recognition - Submissions that don't make the screening schedule but receive an award for the quality and close competition of their work. Laurels can be sent via mail by request or downloaded from our website once the list has been announced.
Nominations - Films nominated for awards will be contacted on the notification date and also listed on our website.
Screening - Films selected for screening will be notified at least 1 month prior to the festival!
Award winners will be announced at our festival and receive hard-copy Award certificates, winner laurels, free entry at other renowned film festivals and other prizes!
After the Awards Ceremony a networking event will take place where all filmmakers guests are invited to attend!
We look very much forward to reviewing your work and inviting you to the cozy city of Copenhagen!
Our last event was held with great success, fully sold-out, on the 3rd and 4th of March at Husets Biograf.
We are now accepting submissions for our 2019 edition.
Best Short Film
Best Animated Film
Best Feature Documentary
Best Short Documentary
Best Foreign Documentary
Best Documentary (Student)
Best Music Score
Best Music Video
Best Danish Film
Additional Categories: (to be added with at least one above)
Best Documentary Director
Best Director (Student)
1. Films eligible for Official Selection will be notified before the notification date and are all eligible for nomination of their submitted categories.
2. Nominees will be announced on the notification date and the winners will be announced two days later.
3. All winners will be contacted and receive Winner Laurels and Award Certificates.
4. All foreign submissions must be subtitled in English.
5. Online screeners, and posters are mandatory and must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site. Digital file only.
6. All films must have been made in or after 2010.
7. By submitting your film to our festival you agree that your produced work can be uploaded/embedded on our website and social media pages (trailer is also fine if you don’t want to screen your film). The filmmaker/institution that is submitting the film must own the rights to do so and is responsible for the content they are providing. By submitting, the filmmaker allows to advertise for them without infringing copyright of any kind of form and list them on social media platforms as well as our website.
8. The entry fee is not refundable.
9. Rules and terms and conditions are subject to change at the discretion of the Annual Copenhagen Film Festival.
10.By submitting you agree to our terms and conditions and give us permission to use your email address for marketing purposes. Your information will never be shared with 3rd parties.