A film festival dedicated to high school film and film made by youth (age group: 14 – 20 held, for the 13th year in a row, in Croatia in the city of four rivers named Karlovac. In addition to numerous great films made by youth (both in the official competition and in the side program), the festival also offers diverse workshops, roundtables, development platforms for youth filmmakers and certainly the best “theatre hall” in the world – namely, each festival night screening takes place at the different open air location at the river shore – there are four festival’s nights and four rivers, so each night is a completely different experience.
• Grand Prix
• Audience Award
• Yellow Flag Award (for promoting non-violence)
• Best Animated Film
• Best Documentary Film
• Best Fiction Film
• Best Actor
• Best Actress
• Best Directing
• Best Screenplay
• Best Cinematography
• Best Editing
• Special Mentions
Terms of participation
1. 13th Four River Film Festival is organized by the Croatian Film Association and Cinema Club Karlovac.
2. Festival is going to be held in Karlovac, Croatia from 8th – 12th of September 2020. All film clubs, groups of authors, students, pupils and individuals AGES 14 to 20 are welcome to participate.
3. Each club, group, student, pupil or individual can send unlimited number of films to the Festival within the following categories: fiction film, documentaries, animated films, free style films and work in progress.
4. Submission is done online through FilmFreeway. Deadline for applications is June 1st, 2020.
5. Selection of the films will be done by Ana Đordić, Dinka Radonić and Boško Picula. After seeing all submitted works, they will decide which films will be shown in the competition program of the festival and which will participate in the work in progress workshop.
6. Croatian Film Association upholds following rights with the cause of popularisation of film creation:
- right to store works at the film archives at the Croatian Film Association for protection and preservation
- right to transfer films to suitable video and electronic media for showing at film screenings when presenting Four River Film Festival