-> Spring into Autumn 2019 as an award-winning filmmaker!
-> Support grass-roots arts
-> WE EMBRACE INDIE FILMMAKERS! An independent film festival, hosted at an independent theatre
Croydon International Film Festival is - just like the films it screens - small, independent and eye-opening.
For the 6th time, our short factual film and animation festival, run by volunteers on the outskirts of London hopes to bewitch film veterans and newcomers alike, just as it has since it was founded by award-winning filmmaker Donna Lipowitz and the artist Ben Bridges.
"Life moves fast...and life is weird." Two truths summed up by the films we screen: sub-10 minute factual films or animations, often with a focus on quirky, true stories.
The CroydonIFF is run by Neil Ridulfa, host of the Croydon Film Festival events since 2013 and a fantastic team of volunteers. Originally an audience member, Neil found that he simply had to be involved in this entertaining and uplifting event, and hopes 2019 can be its best year ever.
The venue, The Front Room in Croydon is a brand new, purpose-built, independent theatre which we are very excited to be working with in their debut season.
The focus for the festival is to make it an entertaining afternoon of films. The local audience in Croydon has embraced the festival since it began with a full house at every screening so far.
>> The festival will be on a Saturday 7th September 2019. Exact time to be announced (usually afternoon to early evening) so stay tuned.
Unlike other film festivals, we have done away with traditional award categories. We want to look deeper into the films, looking past what is the 'Best Film' or the 'Best Animation', which are such vague terms.
Instead our awards will recognise something special or unusual about the films themselves. For example, you could win an award for "Most Thrilling Use of Overhead Camera Work" or "Special Award for Elevating Downtrodden Voices".
If you surprise our jury with your films, we'll surprise you with an award like no other!
All festival entries MUST be UNDER 10 (TEN) Minutes.
We only accept Documentary Films, Animated films with a *factual* theme. We can also accept 'Mockumentaries'.
- The producer grants the CroydonIFF the rights to:
(a) Exhibit the film in the CroydonIFF
(b) Reproduce the film trailer (if provided) for promotional purposes, together with the
CroydonIFF Name & Logo
(c) Exhibit a short excerpt of the production and promotional material provided by the filmmaker in part for promotional purposes
- The producer warrants to the CroydonIFF that they have obtained all the necessary
permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including
copyright, of any third party. This includes use of music and literary (ie if your film is
based on a novel or poem).
- Only online entries via Festival Platforms will be accepted (*NO postal or email entries)
- Entries must be received by 15th July 2019 - Entries may not be withdrawn after this date.
- If your film IS selected for the competition we will write you a personal email July 31st 2019, to let you know, with follow up emails explaining how to forward us your screening copy and publicity materials.
- We encourage all selected filmmakers to attend the festival, Unfortunately we can not guarantee funds to cover travel and accommodation as yet, but we are looking into funding.
- If your film is NOT selected we will also send you a personal email letting you know in advance. Due to the high volume of entries, and our small voluntary staff, we are often
unable to provide detailed critique of films not selected.
For Selected films, Digital master files must be received by 15th August 2019
at the very latest, via digital upload (WeTransfer, Dropbox, Mega)
- Films will be screened from Digital Files eg: (mov.file) via laptop & Projector - Films in
languages other than English must be supplied with English subtitles.
- The CroydonIFF will only screen productions finished as Digital Files. To ensure
your entry is screened correctly, you must include screening gauge and ratio details.
- This is a film festival run by volunteers, we appreciate the time
you take to enter our festival, and we look forward to viewing your films.
Please note, this festival is open for online entries only.
Entering a film in this festival implies the acceptance of these regulations.
We look forward to viewing your films. GOOD LUCK! : )