$5,000 CASH first prize
The Canadian Film Fest and the Harold Greenberg Fund are proud to partner on this unique opportunity for Canadian screenwriters. The CFF Script Competition is open to Canadian screenwriters who've written a feature-length screenplay they'd love to get some cash and development for.
The Canadian Film Fest runs from March 24-March 28, 2020 in Toronto
TO THE WINNING SCRIPT:
Harold Greenberg Fund will provide $5,000CDN cash (one prize amount per screenplay). In addition to the development funding, a Harold Greenberg executive will be involved in the selection of the winning script, and will provide feedback on the script as well as guidance throughout one development round.
This is a development funding prize which means on the first day of shooting the production company is to pay HGF the money back. If the script does NOT go to camera you do NOT need to pay anything back. The money is yours.
The winner(s) also gets a pass to the Toronto Screenwriting Conference (valued at $419).
To the Second Place Script:
The writer(s) will receive a pass to the Toronto Screenwriting Conference (valued at $419).
THE TOP FIVE
The top five scripts will receive:
- Mentoring session by Glenn Cockburn founder of Meridian Artists
- One copy per screenplay of Final Draft Screenwriting software (Valued at $250 each)
- Complimentary 2019 CFF Festival Passes and CFF Industry Series Passes (value: Priceless)
THE TOP TEN
- The scripts and writers will also be added to the It List, a compilation of the best unproduced scripts in Canada. This is published on our sites and available to producers looking for a great story.
• The screenwriter must be a Canadian citizen
• The screenplay must be for a narrative feature film and between 80-120 pages
• The screenplay can not have been produced
• Screenplay can have a producer attached
The regular deadline is January 6, 2020, 11:59pm Eastern.
The late deadline is January 26, 2020, 11:59pm.
Submissions must be made at www.filmfreeway.com, and must include the following:
• Screenplay (with no title page or writer info) Do not put the writer's name anywhere (we will know who is submitting by your filmfreeway account). This includes no names in the "overview" "specs" or "credits" tabs of your submission.
• one page synopsis can be written in the "overview" tab
• Label your file with the title ONLY.
• PDFs or Word files ONLY
*PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY VIDEO FILES*
• Regular Entry fee $35USD (Filmfreeway only accepts US dollars even though they're Canadian)
• Late Entry fee $45USD (Gross!)
SUBMISSION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE. MAKE SURE TO READ THE ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES
HUGE thanks to the fine folks at The Harold Greenberg Fund, the Toronto Screenwriting Conference and Final Draft for making this happen!