Film Front started back in 2003 as “Film and Video Festival of Vojvodina”. Since 2005 the festival took place under the name Independent and Short Productions Festival - Film Front, and as of 2017 the official festival name is International Short Film Fesitval – Film Front.
The ultimate goal of Film Front is to promote young filmmakers and their auteur’s expression. The audience is given the opportunity to take a closer look at the achievements in the production of short films from the whole world, as the Festival has an Official International selection. We are also aware of the significance of preserving the national and regional cinema, and therefore our audience has also the chance to keep up with the Serbian and regional short film productions watching the Serbia/region selection. Both selections are in competition program.
Film Front is traditionally held on the last weekend of October, in Novi Sad, with free admission to the whole program.
The call for submissions usually opens in May and lasts until mid September. Film Front accepts short fiction films only. The films must be up to 30 minutes in length, and must be produced in this or in last year.
Winner of the Serbia/region selection is chosen by the professional jury, whereas the audience votes for the winner of International selection.
- jury award for the best short film
- special jury award for short film
- student jury award for the best short film
- audience award for the best short film
There are two Official competition selections:
1. International selection
2. Serbia/region (Former Yugoslavia) selection
1. HorrorFront - short horor films
2. AnimaFront - Serbia/region animated short films
ELIGIBILITY FOR ENTRY TO OFFICIAL COMPETITION
1. The festival is open to competitors from all-over the world, with no exceptions.
2. The maximum length of the films has to be 30’.
3. Film must be produced in this or in last year.
4. Festival accepts short fiction films only.
HOW TO ENTER?
1. All non-English films must have English subtitles for festival screening.
2. The call for entries will be opened on May the 15th 2023 and the deadline will be August the 31th 2023.
IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED FOR PARTICIPATION
1. Once the film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival's program.
2. Film Front reserves the right to screen each film in non commercial use for promotion of the Festival.
3. Film Front reserves the right to use excerpts from the films selected for competition for promotion of the festival.
4. The results of the selection will be published not later than the October 2nd, 2023.