Oslo/Fusion Film Festival was founded in 1990. It is Norway's only film festival dedicated to stories of, by and for the LGBTQIA2S+ / QTIBIPOC community. It also one of the country's longest running film festivals, and the largest festival solely dedicated to promote and increase diversity, equality and acceptance through entertainment, film screenings, panel discussions and related events.
In 2022 we celebrate our 32 edition and we invite you to join us!
Film is a powerful medium that can entertain, educate and create change, all at the same time. We look for new perspectives and reflections in stories from our community members personal lives and shared or unique human experiences. Films that explore and celebrate diversity in identity, gender, sexuality, personal expression, cultural and ethnic background. Stories of resilience, strength and human rights activism to challenge outdated norms and common misconceptions in our global society.
"The problem for us is that we can sometimes be so "anti" what the problem is - I want us to be more "pro" what the solution is." - Afeni Shakur
Thank you for considering us!
As always, we are very excited and grateful for the privilege of experiencing your work and passion.
- Best Narrative Feature
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Short Film
Queer Youth Award:
- Best Feature Film (narrative or documentary)
Please read the festival description - your film must in some way relate to our mission in order to be considered.
- Films must be completed after January 1, 2021.
- Please make sure to choose the appropriate category - add comments if necessary.
If you have a hybrid film and you are unsure about the category, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
- In the form, we kindly ask you to say a few words about how your film meets our criteria. This will help us in speeding up the selection process, so please take a few seconds to type in a keyword or two.
- The submission fee is currently USD 20 for short films and USD 40 for feature length films. Late fees are 40 and 70 USD, respectively.