Thessaloniki International LGBTIQ Film Festival (T.I. LGBTIQ F.F.) is seeking films and videos that are of interest to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex and queer people and/or relate to gender or sexuality issues. FILMS THAT DO NOT MEET THESE SUBJECTS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
The “T.I. LGBTIQ F.F.” is an initiative of the non profit society "SYMPRAXI - Partnership for Gender Issues”. It’s supported by the "Thessaloniki International Film Festival" and takes place every year in Thessaloniki.
The “T.I. LGBTIQ F.F.” and its parallel events (cultural and artistic expression and social dialogue) deal with gender and sexual orientation issues, as well as to discuss the needs and the difficulties people facing because of homophobia, transphobia and ideological / social hostility.
We collaborate with the Municipality of Thessaloniki, The Ministry of Culture, Embassies, Consulates, Institutes, and with LGBTIQ and HIV organisations in Greece.
The festival is a non-profit event. No member or friend of the non-profit organization SYMPRAXI is receiving any financial support for his/ her work for the “T.I. LGBTIQ F.F.”.
An Audience Award is foreseen for the best long film (narrative or documentary). The amount of the prize is symbolic and depends on the incomes of the festival.
Thessaloniki International LGBTQ Film Festival is seeking films and videos that are of interest to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex and queer people and/or relate to gender or sexuality issues. The entries may be narrative, documentary, musical, experimental and animated films and videos.
The deadline for submissions is May 15th 2019, but apply as soon as possible.
Complete the online submission through FilmFreeway.
If your film is selected, you have to send:
1) A film version in HD but not bigger than 10GB (.mov, .mp4) without any subtitles,
2) The time-coded dialogues of the movie version you send (.srt, .ass), in English (but additionally also in German and/or French).
3) The signed application (Entry) form that we will send you
4) A 50 words synopsis,
5) The website /facebook address of the film,
6) 2 stills (HD, 300 dpi),
7) A poster of the film (HD, about 2MB) appropriate to be printed in A3.
8) Press kit.
The provided information will be reproduced in the Festival's program.
Specify only ONE CATEGORY for your film to be in.
Once a ﬁlm is submitted, it may not be withdrawn.
Please note that the Festival does not pay any screening fee for films selected by submission. A symbolic fee has to be paid by the film-director or the company submitting a movie.
All films will be screened with Greek subtitles. The festival will translate the dialogues in Greek. Greek films should have English subtitles.
All rights for the film should be cleared prior to submission. Films or videos using non-licensed, copyrighted musical or literary properties without legal permission are not eligible.
If the film is selected through an internet private preview streaming, a screening copy must be sent to the festival (by internet).
Shipment of exhibition materials to the festival must be paid by the applicant. The festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to the festival.
Screening formats accepted: .mp4, .mov, .mpg high quality Video Files.
The Festival holds the right to use stills and up to 3 minutes of footage for promotional purposes (TV and/ or internet).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (to be signed by the applying person):
- The TI-LGBTQ-FF will not pay any screening fees for the submitted film to the producer or to another person/company of the film.
- I am legally authorized to enter this film in the TI-LGBTQ-FF.
- I give TTI-LGBTQ-FF permission to use up to 3 minutes of footage or photographic stills from the work for broadcast, web publication or other promotional purposes.
- TI-LGBTQ-FF must be notified in writing of any press or photo restrictions.
- TI-LGBTQ-FF must be notified in writing of any press restrictions.
- If the film has been submitted digitally, I agree to send the viewing copy as soon as the work has been accepted to TI-LGBTQ-FF.
- I hold the TI-LGBTQ-FF harmless from damage to or loss of the print or tape during shipping to and from the Festival.
I certify that I have read, understood and complied with all the festival regulations and terms of submission. For any differences the Greek Courts in Thessaloniki are responsible.
Signature …, Name …, Date ....