Thessaloniki International LGBTIQ Film Festival (T.I. LGBTIQ F.F.) is seeking films and videos that are of interest to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex and queer people and/or relate to gender or sexuality issues. Please read the terms before submitting. FILMS THAT DO NOT MEET THESE SUBJECTS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
The “T.I. LGBTIQ F.F.” is an initiative of the non profit society "SYMPRAXI - Partnership for Gender Issues”. It’s supported by the "Thessaloniki International Film Festival" and takes place every year in the Cinema Museum Cinémathèque of Thessaloniki, in the Port of Thessaloniki.
The “T.I. LGBTIQ F.F.” and its parallel events (cultural and artistic expression and social dialogue) wish to deal with homosexuality, transgender, intersex and queer issues, as well as to discuss the needs and the difficulties people deal with because of homophobia, transphobia and ideological / social hostility.
We collaborate with the Municipality of Thessaloniki, Embassies, Consulates, Institutes,and with LGBTIQ and HIV organizations in Greece.
The festival is a non-profit event. No member or friend of the non-profit organization SYMPRAXI is receiving any financial support for his/ her work for the “T.I. LGBTIQ F.F.”.
Awards & Prizes
Audience Award accompanied by a Prize, for the best long film (narrative or documentary).
Rules & Terms
Thessaloniki International LGBTQ Film Festival is seeking films and videos that are of interest to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex and queer people and/or relate to gender or sexuality issues. The entries may be narrative, documentary, musical, experimental and animated films and videos.
The deadline for submissions is May 15th 2018, but apply as soon as possible.
Complete the online submission through FilmFreeway.
If your film is selected, you have to send:
1) a film version in HD but not bigger than 10GB (.mov, .mp4) without any subtitles,
2) the time coded dialogues (.srt, .ass), in English or German.
3) the signed application form (we will send you),
4) Press kit with 50 words synopsis and website /facebook of the film, 2 stills (HD, 300 dpi), a poster (HD, about 2MB).
The provided information will be reproduced in the Festival's program. It is therefore in your own interest to complete it fully and legibly.
Specify only ONE CATEGORY for your film to be in.
Once a ﬁlm is submitted, it may not be withdrawn.
Please note that the Festival does not pay any screening fee for films selected by submission.
All films will be screened with Greek subtitles. The festival will translate the dialogues in Greek. Greek films should have English subtitles.
All rights for the film should be cleared prior to submission. Films or videos using non-licensed, copyrighted musical or literary properties without legal permission are not eligible.
If the film is selected through an internet private preview streaming, a screening copy must be sent to the festival (by internet).
Shipment of exhibition materials to the festival must be paid by the applicant. The festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to the festival.
Screening formats accepted: .mp4, .mov, .mpg high quality Video Files.
The Festival holds the right to use stills and up to 3 minutes of footage for promotional purposes (TV and/ or internet).
The Rights Holder gives permission to make DVD copies of the work for press purposes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS (to be signed by the applying person):
- TI-LGBTQ-FF has the right to screen the submitted film during its next festival edition.
- The TI-LGBTQ-FF will not pay any screening fees for the film to the producer or to another person/company of the film, which I am submitting.
- I am legally authorized to enter this film in the TI-LGBTQ-FF and agree that, if accepted, an acceptable exhibition format will be made available for screening during the Festival.
- I permit Thessaloniki International LGBTQ Film Festival (TI-LGBTQ-FF) to retain a copy of this work for a non-circulating Festival archive.
- I give TTI-LGBTQ-FF permission to use up to 3 minutes of footage or photographic stills from the work for broadcast, web publication or other promotional purposes.
- TI-LGBTQ-FF must be notified in writing of any press or photo restrictions.
- I give TI-LGBTQ-FF permission to make digital copies of the work for press purposes.
- TI-LGBTQ-FF must be notified in writing of any press restrictions.
- If the film has been submitted digitally, I agree to send the viewing copy as soon as the work has been accepted to TI-LGBTQ-FF.
- I hold the TI-LGBTQ-FF harmless from damage to or loss of the print or tape during shipping to and from the Festival.
I certify that I have read, understood and complied with all the festival regulations and terms of submission. For any differences the Greek Courts in Thessaloniki are responsible.
Signature …, Name …, Date ....