The 2016 University of Guam Film Festival (UOGFF) Spring Local Showcase is a launching pad for original work made exclusively in the Mariana Islands. Top selected films will go on to vie for the Best Made in the Marianas honors at the Guam International Film Festival (GIFF) signature fall event in September 2016. There are no entry fees for submission into the UOGFF Spring Local Showcase. The UOG Communication program and GIFF creative staff encourage filmmakers of any level (student, amateur or professional) from the Mariana Islands to submit works of any genre.
Community. Education. Entertainment.
The mission of the Guam International Film Festival is to foster cultural understanding through the art of cinema. GIFF achieves this through community outreach, education through festival workshops and efforts to build awareness for social responsibility through our film programming. In addition, GIFF aims to provide opportunities for employment and local businesses to flourish through international cinema and industry related businesses.
Select films from the UOGFF Spring Local Showcase will be chosen by a panel of industry professionals to advance to the Guam International Film Festival signature fall event in September 2016. The finalists will compete for the 2016 Best Made in the Marianas honors and the 2016 Best Made in the Marianas GIFF Crystal Award.
For complete 2016 UOGFF Spring Local Showcase Rules and Regulations, please visit the GIFF Official Website: http://www.guamfilmfestival.org
For eligibility to participate in the UOGFF Spring Local Showcase:
i.) Films must be produced in the Mariana Islands
ii.) Films must have at least 50% of principal photography shot in any of the Mariana Islands
iii.) Film entries must be received by the final deadline of April 1, 2016. We will not consider films for the 2016 UOGFF Spring Local Showcase if submitted or received after April 1, 2016.
iv.) Entries may be of any length, and of any genre, including narratives, documentaries, animation, student films and music videos. The Festival will not accept entries that contain pornographic or sexually explicit or hateful content that promotes violence or harm, or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content (UOGFF determines what is inappropriate). Be sure to refer to our UOGFF category guidelines below.
v.) The Festival will only consider works-in-progress up until the entry deadline date. This includes films with temporary sound tracks and rough edits.
vi.) The Festival will accept works that have been recorded via mobile devices.
vii.) All films with dialogue in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for Festival submission and, if applicable, Festival presentation.
viii.) Works that are eligible for competition must have been completed after January 1, 2015 and can not be a previous GIFF or UOGFF selected or exhibited film.
ix.) All works submitted to the Festival must not be subject to litigation nor is currently threatened by any litigation.
We will inform you of our official selections by or before April 8, 2016.
CERTIFICATION OF ENTRANT: I, the contact person for the film submitted with this application, agree to the following terms and conditions:
• I have read, understood, and completed all eligibility requirements for which I would like this film to be considered.
• To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this application are true.
• I am duly authorized to submit this film to the 2016 University of Guam Film Festival (UOGFF) Spring Local Showcase.
• Films may have language tracks other than English, but must have embedded English subtitles.
• This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
• UOGFF reserves the right to determine the final eligibility of any work submitted. Eligible works must have been completed after January 1, 2015. Works accepted to screen at the festival will be categorized and programmed at the sole discretion of UOGFF.
• All rights, licenses, clearances, and releases necessary for exhibition of this film to the public have been secured, so that exhibition of this film will not obligate the Guam International Film Festival to make any payment to any third party and will not violate or infringe upon the rights of any individual, firm or corporation whatsoever.
• The UOGFF may use excerpts from the film and stills for advertising and promotional purposes, in print or electronic materials, online, or at live events.
• By virtue of submitting my work to the UOGFF for consideration for inclusion in their film festival, I also give the UOGFF permission and license to screen my work at their film festival without screening fees if my work is selected.
• Should my film be chosen as an official selection of UOGFF, I grant the Guam International Film Festival (GIFF) clearance, permission and license to exhibit my selected work for television, encore event screenings and online for the duration of six months from its original Festival exhibition date.
• Should my film advance to the Guam International Film Festival (GIFF), I grant the Guam International Film Festival clearance, permission and license to exhibit my selected work for television, encore event screenings and online for the duration of six months from its international Festival exhibition date.
• If selected for the festival, I agree to pay for print shipping costs, if applicable. UOGFF pays for return shipping.
• All final works must be completed and received by UOGFF no later than April 15, 2016.
• I hold the UOGFF harmless from damage to or loss of this print en route to or from UOGFF or otherwise during the course of the Festival's possession of the film.
• This contract is binding and I will be held responsible for the information in my submission.
• For additional submission questions: email@example.com