HALO International Film Festival - film festival with quarter live - screenings. Every month we're selecting 4 works from 46 winners that will run in our quarter program and screened in the famous Saint-Petersburg cultural and historical center 'Pushkinskaya, 10'. From these 12 works, we’re selecting 3 that will run in our yearly program in our Cinema.
WE'RE AGAINST WAR. RUSSIAN FEDERATION≠RUSSIANS
HALO has been conceived for upcoming stars of tomorrow's film industry that is happening now. We're seeking interesting and shining stories, visions, and filmmakers.
NOTIFICATION ABOUT SELECTION IN 48 HOURS
Every month there will be 2 places in each category: Award Winner and Honorable Mention
Yearly Winner will receive Cash Prize
Best Short Film
Best Feature Film
Best Animated Music Video
Best Experimental Film
Best Costume Design
Best Original Score
Best Original Soundtrack
Best Sound Design
Best Color Editing
Best Short Screenplay
Best Feature Screenplay
Best Female Story
Best Black Film
Best Dark Comedy
Best War Film
Best Romantic Film
Best B&W Film
Best 360 FIlm
Best Music Video
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Young Actor
Best Young Actress
Best Director Debut
Best Young Director
Best Acting Debut
Best Opening Credits
Best Student Film
1. Every film must be submitted via FilmFreeway
2. Films with a completion date after January 2017, films with a completion date later than the previous year's festival dates will be given preference.
3. To submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
4. Entry fees are non-refundable.
5. Every work must have English subtitles
6. Selected for screening works must send a copy with Russian subtitles within 2 months after notification about including in the program
7. HALO Festival cannot provide refunds for submissions that do not meet eligibility criteria or are otherwise deemed to be disqualified under these regulations.
8. HALO Festival can use trailer/teaser/film poster/stills or BTS for promotional purposes (but do not release, under any form or circumstances, the full film)
9. Films that don't match the category will be disqualified.
10. HALO Festival has the right to change the place of the live screening.
11. By submitting to HALO you give festival permission to live screen your film in a year-round program if your film will be one of the 3 best works of quarter live-screeing.
12. By submitting your work, you agree to receive the newsletters and etc.