TFSFF is a short film festival established by the TriForce Creative Network in 2012 to showcase talent in contemporary film-making, helping emerging film-makers to develop skills and access opportunities to further their careers. With a focus on recognising and supporting diverse talent, the festival brings together film-makers with the movers and shakers in the industry, enabling emerging artists to break into the mainstream. 16 shortlisted films get the chance to be seen on the big screen, in front of key industry representatives, with the winning film-makers earning career placements with top production companies, as well as a cash prize for their next project. The TFSFF presents a packed day of seminars tackling the key issues of the industry and offering invaluable advice from industry professionals, alongside a bustling industry expo and screenings of the shortlisted films. Concluding with a red carpet gala evening attended by stars of stage and screen, the TFSFF is the place to see untapped and diverse talent, showcasing innovative story-telling and visually stunning short films.
The TriForce Short Film Festival strives to:
Explore the purpose of short film in a rapidly changing industry, engaging in debate and offering solutions
Support and mentor emerging and established film-makers from all backgrounds, offering an opportunity to connect with the wider, mainstream industry
Engage and support those looking to enter the industry in a range of roles behind the camera
Work in partnership with the industry to offer tangible, career focussed outcomes to participants
Engage a wider audience for short film and short form online content through industry partnerships
Best of the Fest Award - Supported by Stefan Allesch-Taylor CBE
The Best of the Fest winning team will win a £1000 cash prize as well as the chance to pitch to Stefan Allesch-Taylor CBE for funding and mentoring for their next short film.
Best Non-Scripted Award - Supported by ITV's Multi Story.
The Best Non Scripted team will win a £500 cash prize as well as the chance to meet with the Multi Story team to discuss their project and get advice on their career.
Audience Choice Award
The Audience Choice winning team will win a £250 cash prize.
The Williams-Byrne Bursary - Supported by New Wonder Management
The Williams-Byrne Bursary will award a cash prize of £750 to a filmmaker showing exceptional promise.
By submitting your film to TFSFF and the TCN, you agree to all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published on the site by the TCN. If you do not agree to any such terms, conditions, rules, policies or procedures, do not submit.
By submitting your film to TriForce Short Film Festival, you give us permission to add you to our mailing list. We will only send you emails about TriForce Short Film Festival and our monthly newsletter. You will be able to update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time from the links within our emails. We never share your contact information with 3rd parties.
• Films of up to 20 minutes (including credits) will be considered.
• We accept films from every genre including (but not limited to) drama, comedy, horror & sci-fi, documentary, experimental, marketing material, animation, music, viral and low-budget work.
• Films must have been completed after June 2017.
• Submission must be completed by 14 September 2019.
• Films in languages other than English are welcome, but must be subtitled in English.
• A maximum of 2 films can be submitted per person.
• A full list of credits must be included.
• The filmmaker(s) must be over 18 years old by 30 November 2019.
• If format is password protected, please clearly state password and ensure any deadline on password is post 1 December 2019.
• The filmmaker(s) owns and retains full copyright and all original material.
• The filmmaker(s) must secure all copyright clearances where applicable and TFSFF will not hold responsibility for any copyright infringement.
• The film must not be exclusive to any other festival or broadcaster.
• TFSFF does not require any premiere status but any previous broadcast, festival inclusion and screenings must be listed.
• All decisions on selected films are final.
• TCN will notify if shortlisted by 09 November 2019.
• Submitting your film grants TFSFF permission to:
o Use up to 2 minutes of footage from any successful film as part of festival promotion, this also includes up to 3 still images that are selected by the filmmaker
o List the film on our websites (up to 2 minutes of footage and up to 3 images)
o Provide an image and clip for press use c/o Premier PR
o Use a clip from your film in press screener (provided on a confidential basis to press prior to the festival)
By submitting my film to TriForce Short Film Festival 2019, I agree that it can be added to Into Film's exclusive membership platform for education professionals. If added, the film will only be accessed using a secure password and be available in schools, colleges and other educational settings. It will not be available to the general public, or shared with any of Into Film's third party suppliers, partners or platforms.
• TriForce Short Film Festival select 16 films to be screened at the festival.
• Should your film be selected, you will be required to provide a Quicktime ProRes file or a DCP of your film.
• We cannot return DVDs/USBs/DCP’s or any other format
• Filmmaker(s) are responsible for delivery and cost of delivery of film to TCN
• Shortlisted filmmaker(s) will be offered 2 complimentary tickets to attend the DAY EVENT of TriForce Short Film Festival on Saturday 30 November at BFI Southbank. Any additional tickets can be requested but may be required to purchase.
• 4 of the 16 shortlisted films are selected as finalists and shown at the evening gala event.
• Finalists agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional events, including the TCN and TFSFF websites and social media platforms. The determination of the winners is final.
• The finalist filmmaker(s) will be offered 2 complimentary tickets for the day of the festival AND the evening gala event. Any additional tickets are to be purchased.
• All stated information, eligibility and submission guidelines, terms and conditions of entry, and entry information is subject to change by the TCN, without notice.
• Early bird deadline 22 June 2019 - $25 USD
• Regular deadline 23 June – 14 September 2019 - $35 USD
• Microshorts (under 5 minutes) - Free (all deadlines)
Your contact details will only be used to contact you about TriForce Short Film Festival. If you want us to keep you informed about other opportunities you need to tick the box on the submission form giving us consent to do so.