A new film festival aimed at young people aged 15-25 across Australia. Get your creative groove on and create cinematic content in a variety of genres. We're looking for films that last anywhere from 1-5 minutes in duration and can be shot on mobile devices or fully fledged film making equipment. The only thing holding you back is your creativity, so go on, think of an idea, hit record and submit to TAKE1.
15-17 Years Old*
Mobile - WINNER $500 - HIGHLY COMMENDED $250
Pro Level - WINNER $700 - HIGHLY COMMENDED $350
Rising Star $200
18-25 Years Old*
Mobile - WINNER $800 - HIGHLY COMMENDED $400
Pro Level - WINNER $1000 - HIGHLY COMMENDED $500
Rising Star $200
*All prize amounts offer in Australian Dollars (AUD)
‘TAKE1 Youth Screen Festival’, will be referred to us either ‘TAKE1’ or ‘the festival’.
‘Entrants’ refers to the Project Lead and Project Contributors.
‘Project Lead’ refers to the person who coordinates the film and completes the submission form.
‘Project Contributor’ refers to any individual that directly contributes to the development of the film, this would include directing, editing, acting, makeup styling etc. This does not need to include mentors such as teachers.
• By submitting an entry, entrants are agreeing to abide by the TAKE1 Entry Requirements and Terms and Conditions.
• Entrants must be aged 15 to 25 years old at the time of submission closing date (14th October 2019).
• Entrants must be residing in Australia at the time of submitting their film.
• Parental Caregiver / Guardian permission is assumed for all entrants under the age of 18. However as best practice please obtain permission forms from all people appearing in/working on your film.
• If a category is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), TAKE1 assumes that by entering that category (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter that category
• Project Leads may only submit ONE film per festival year.
Project Contributors may be involved in multiple films and submit their own film.
• Entrants must show a clear connection to Mandurah or the region; this is a judging criteria of the festival so the stronger your connection the better your film will score.
• Entries must have been produced within the 12 months prior to the festival closing date (14th October 2019) and the work must be original, with all elements of the work created by the entrants
• TAKE1 will accept entries of films in the PG or M rating classification. The judging panel and Project Coordinator will have the final as to how shortlisted films are screened, depending on their rating. The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding this matter.
• Entries will be accepted via the TAKE1 website and FilmFreeway, and all entry procedures must be followed accurately for a valid submission to be accepted.
• TAKE1 does not accept any responsibility for lost entries, or files that may become corrupted during uploading;
• No content submitted by you will be defamatory, abusive or offensive; infringe the copyright, moral rights, performing rights, rights of privacy, trade mark or other proprietary right of any third party; or constitute a misuse of any confidential information of a third party
• By entering the competition, you agree to be named in the media and to participate in press and promotional activities generated by TAKE1
• The closing date is as specified in each festival year, and TAKE1 reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
• TAKE1 reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. TAKE1 may also create rules which will apply to a specific categories only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the TAKE1 website.
Prizes / Winning
• When submitting an entry the project lead accepts responsibility to distribute said monies in a fair manner among project contributors. TAKE1 takes no responsibility for dividing monies within group entrants.
• TAKE1 will endeavour to send prizes within a month of notification of the competition end date but cannot guarantee delivery time.
• Winners will be notified by phone, e-mail or post and their first name and film name will be published on the TAKE1 website and social media channels.
• The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
• TAKE1 reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not meet the essential criteria, or breaches any of the outlined Terms and Conditions;
• In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, TAKE1 at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Terms & Conditions
• Entrants agree that their productions do not infringe upon another person or entities copyright or intellectual property. Where content has been included in the production that is not the original work of the entrant, this includes any music or images etc., the entrant must provide proof that the use of that copyright has been obtained. Any breach of copyright will result in the automatic removal from the competition.
• It is advised that entrants must obtain any model and location release required for commercial use under these terms and conditions.
• By entering this competition, the entrant retains copyright to their production but they assign to the City the license to all the rights, title and interest in the work. This includes the worldwide rights to use, copy, perform display, market and distribute promotional material for the City.
• The City reserves the right to use, share, manipulate or alter, repurpose for any medium or channel for promotional reasons in any and all media, now known or hereafter developed.
• The entrant assigns these rights for the life of the festival years and the images will be maintained in the City’s Corporate Image Library or other image / video storage resource and any production no longer required will be archived in the City’s database as per current legislation.
• The City will credit the entrant for the production supplied but the method will be at the City’s discretion or as we deem to be appropriate.
• The City will not use the production in a derogatory manner.